• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT4| Learn to love the BBC

RedSwirl

I still don't think they can pull off JL, but then again, I was pretty sure Avengers was gonna be a disaster right up until I saw it.

Rae Dong Chong is bitter as fuckkkkkkk

I'm not even joking when I say this.

I bet Oprah doesn't even remember making a movie with Rae Dawn Chong.

She probably remembers Whoopi Goldberg and Danny Glover but Rae Dawn Chong?

She would likely have to think hard to remember.

there's a dude at my work who Im 90% positive is getting physically assaulted on the regular by his woman. They had a restraining order against each other cause she literally tried to choke him out in his sleep, but theyre together again. Guy is always getting injured and he refuses to talk about what happened, only says the injuries arent accidental and someone made it that way. His girl is pretty slim, not big enough to be physically overpowering him, so I think she's assaulting him with household items. They got a kid that dude's mom takes care of. Theyve been thrown out of an apartment before cause of the noise disturbance they create when they fight.

Spinluck

Age of Ultron event that just happened.

Ohhh lol.

I trust in Whedon to make it work.

I wanted to hear more about Quicksliver and Scarlet Witch though.

there's a dude at my work who Im 90% positive is getting physically assaulted on the regular by his woman. They had a restraining order against each other cause she literally tried to choke him out in his sleep, but theyre together again. Guy is always getting injured and he refuses to talk about what happened, only says the injuries arent accidental and someone made it that way. His girl is pretty slim, not big enough to be physically overpowering him, so I think she's assaulting him with household items. They got a kid that dude's mom takes care of. Theyve been thrown out of an apartment before cause of the noise disturbance they create when they fight.

Wow man, fucked up. :-/

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Ohhh lol.

I trust in Whedon to make it work.

I wanted to hear more about Quicksliver and Scarlet Witch though.

Wow man, fucked up. :-/

Is that still happening? I though Fox using the characters even in small roles in the next X movie cockblocked whedon from using them due to contract issues?

Rae went on some big rant about how Oprah ain't shit, next Avengers movie is called Age of Ultron, World's Finest happened and now Flash is also rumored to be getting a movie but no one's forced DC to comment on that yet.

I think that covers it.

Preciate you sir. Good lookin out.

Im hype as fuck for both DC and Marvel and hoping for the best out of both companies. Rae Dawn Chong is fucking irrelevent and has been irrelevent for years. Oprah is oprah. How many women you know that you can say their name and you hear a damn cash register sound. She throwing the salt to get back in the limelight. You know the old saying "No publicity is bad publicity".

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Preciate you sir. Good lookin out.

Im hype as fuck for both DC and Marvel and hoping for the best out of both companies. Rae Dawn Chong is fucking irrelevent and has been irrelevent for years. Oprah is oprah. How many women you know that you can say their name and you hear a damn cash register sound. She throwing the salt to get back in the limelight. You know the old saying "No publicity is bad publicity".

She's looking to get put in her place again like in the color purple

color-purple-ms-sophia-punch-o.gif

Same here, never heard of the guy.

That's cold man. Rae Dawn was my biggest crush in the 80's next to Vanity. Her adopted brother is Tank from The Matrix

So old audio brought up on a slow news day? Are we all going to act like Oprah didn't brown nose her way into massive money and power? I mean let's be real. Her whole life was about making something from nothing and during that time period that meant a lot of ass kissing until she had the cash to prevent being denied by anyone.

Just picked up Vanquish for $15 today and I'm in love with it. Easily one of my all-time favorite shooters.

I hated it the first time I played it. But hype surrounding the game got me to give it another chance and I fucking fell in love. A very solid action game. Mad respect for Platinum and it made me want to play Bayonetta. Also bought that Anarchy Reigns day one as well.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I don't really get the Riddick timeline. Is the original film where he ends up commanding the army supposed to be the last and the latest two simply prequels?

So i went into the dollar store and this worker says I have to get out. They said I was stealing beer. I was dumbfounded, she eventually realized it wasnt me. I have never been so humilated in my life.

Slayven

Little white kids in horror movies are the ones to watch for, if I am over at a someone's house and see little Ryder or Apple talking to thin air? I am out that bitch so fast.

I've never heard of Rae Dawn before today, sorry.

Sound like you two missed out on Commando. That's a damn shame. Or maybe that's a blessing, since half of the ads for the VHS copy kept propping her role up in Quest for Fire, and.... yeah. But Arnold Schwarzenegger, Rae Dawn Chong, Vernon Wells and Noel Brown made that movie. Ransik was the main villain, for goodness sake.

Yeah, I can see not seeing the color purple, but Commando is staple of 80s action cinema

tumblr_mki0c5S0uy1qm9shbo1_400.jpg

See, JC gets it.

Theater version was shit. DVD version was legit.

Is the version that they keep airing on TNT closer to the theater version or the DVD version?

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Little white kids in horror movies are the ones to watch for, if I am over at a someone's house and see little Ryder or Apple talking to thin air? I am out that bitch so fast.

Don't forget standing at odd positions. Looking in a corner with a slightly bent neck? Doesn't take prescription drugs? Yeah, I got somewhere to be.

Don't forget standing at odd positions. Looking in a corner with a slightly bent neck? Doesn't take prescription drugs? Yeah, I got somewhere to be.

Lets flip the script if I move in a new house and I hear shit moving at night and my lil girl tell me about an old lady in the corner of her room, im gone. No setting up cameras, no ignoring it, no nothing im telling the wife get your shit we outta here

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
The familys in horror films always put up with so much shit before they even start questioning things as well, it's crazy. "Hmm found some creepy old stuff in the house and now our kids are acting strange...OH WELL!" The nonchalant attitude film parents have about their disturbed kids is nuts. And then they are still skeptical when tons of supernatural stuff has already gone down "ghosts? Yeah right! There has gotta be a completely logical reason for all these dead animals and our kid having floated around the room."

Onemic

Is the version that they keep airing on TNT closer to the theater version or the DVD version?

The version they show on TV has always been the theater version, so I don't see the TNT one being any different. I saw the DVD version before the theater one, and I totally understand why no one liked it. They completely removed certain plot points that make the movie make so much more sense.

Top Bottom