• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT4| Learn to love the BBC

Kreed

The video/audio in that link is different from what is being discussed in the article/the Rae Dawn Chong's comments that are causing the controversy, so I'm going to link this as well:

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...n-r-article-1.1403805?localLinksEnabled=false

Anyway despite poking fun at her for being salty, I don't think she really said anything wrong. The "field n****a" comment for example I would say is true and it reminds me of that new movie that's coming out with Mariah Carey playing a field slave. I don't blame people for calling out the movie for that casting, and I understand what Rae Dawn Chong is getting at.

At this point, I'm surprised no one has made a movie based on this idea or at least used this idea in a movie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDH_uqgRdCc

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Privilege must extends to supernatural shit.

maybe supernatural creatures feel being black is suffering enough. other than that one random black dude in the group of kids getting slaughtered

All this supernatural talk I got something to tell you cats later.

i know this is gonna be good. when i was a kid, i thought that the ghost of the macho man was haunting my room one night. he looked like a multicolored hologram projected on the roof. i slept my little ass in the living room that night. fuck that. and i knew he wasnt dead, but i couldnt explain that shit.

Speaking of movies, that Batman casting thread is kind of depressing.

i stay out of casting threads, shit gets heated

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
That's why Insidious is one of the best horror movies out. They did everything right and got the fuck out of dodge.

A Haunted House sucks.

Nakazato

Idk whats wrong with the name my little cuz's name is Semaj

And the conjuring was fucking horrible. Was slow as fuck and was not scary

HomShaBom

Banned
So I went skydiving today y'all. Did a solo jump assisted with instructors(going for my license). The lead instructor for my jump and the owner of the dropzone is also the current president of the USPA and a badass skydiver. Still, nature put my black ass in my place and I ended up fucking up so hard that I ended up trapped upside down held in place with risers wrapped around my legs at 9000 feet. I had to ride that shit down to about 2500 before I could cut away the main chute and ride the reserve down. I pretty much thought I was going to die, but played it cool. Shit like that barely ever happens in skydiving and many with hundreds of jumps have never had to do it, my dumbass is 1 for 1.

Failed the evaluation obviously but they are going to retrain and let me do it again for free, cause they got it on video and will use it for training since they say I handed the whole being trapped upside down shit like a boss. Now fools all over will see my ass looking like a clown. A+, going to do again next weekend.

cdyhybrid

So I went skydiving today y'all. Did a solo jump assisted with instructors(going for my license). The lead instructor for my jump and the owner of the dropzone is also the current president of the USPA and a badass skydiver. Still, nature put my black ass in my place and I ended up fucking up so hard that I ended up trapped upside down held in place with risers wrapped around my legs at 9000 feet. I had to ride that shit down to about 2500 before I could cut away the main chute and ride the reserve down. I pretty much thought I was going to die, but played it cool. Shit like that barely ever happens in skydiving and many with hundreds of jumps have never had to do it, my dumbass is 1 for 1.

Failed the evaluation obviously but they are going to retrain and let me do it again for free, cause they got it on video and will use it for training since they say I handed the whole being trapped upside down shit like a boss. Now fools all over will see my ass looking like a clown. A+, going to do again next weekend.

Damn man, props. I'm deathly afraid of heights, would shit myself even if everything went smoothly.

skydiving = nope

Damn bro glad you handled that shit. Skydiving is a thing I always wanted to do.

Slayven

Starting businesses, and Sky driving? You breaking Stereotypes left and right.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air

Cool man, one day I want to skydive as well. Good to hear you handled that shit like a boss.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Follow Hom's lead and blast your way out the bucket, fam

STMXxvD.gif

Whoa. Nice recovery.

Slayven

Hom has officially made it in as "one of the good ones", congrats. Maybe there's hope for all

ya know, 'cept Reigun

Reigun is going to disappear one day and do some training arc shit. Then he will come back take all y'all out, before challenging Bish in the frozen wasteland of Toronto. Rei will stand victoriously over Bish body, as his life is leaving him Bish will whisper "I knew you were not that nigga."

He's probably the dude who killed Onemic and absorbed his essence, up on some Highlander shit, and now he coming for the last seven brothas in Canada. There can only be one!

Kreed

Major props for still wanting to jump again after that. I went skydiving for the first time on the 4th of July to confront my fear of heights. It was a tandem dive though, so I was with an instructor the whole time and there wasn't as much risk but it was crazy (my instructor had to push me out of the plane once we got up to 14000). It was an amazing experience falling through the clouds/the view though, so I'd definitely do it again. But I doubt I'd be saying that if I had screwed up the jump, so you're much braver than I am.

Man, people say I am just like my older (adopted) sister and I never believe it. She came over to visit right now and I was getting something to eat. Came back with some Tostada De Camaron look on the table and she also brought some. A few days ago the same thing happened but with sushi.

zero_suit

Damn, that sounds terrifying.

FyreWulff

At this point, I'm surprised no one has made a movie based on this idea or at least used this idea in a movie

You could execute it as a mini-movie before a full length one. Like the movies of old that had a short one in front of them, or in recent times the Pixar shorts before their movies.

Top Bottom