• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT4| Learn to love the BBC

harSon

Banned
I watched Chan Wook Park's Stoker last night. Shit fucking sucks.

I enjoyed it. The cinematography was downright gorgeous, and the narrative was pleasantly mysterious and meticulous to unfold like a vintage Hitchcockian thriller. I found it to be better than most of his Korean films too, except JSA which I consider to be his only legitimately great Korean film.

I did say mid-movie...the story is balls but Park can direct his ass off. It was nice to look at.

JSA is great, I got it through Netflix without knowing anything about it. Just wanted to go through all of Park's films.

Guys..

guys..

how do I punch in the code for them yeezy red octobers.. it says to click the big red ticket, but it doesn't hotlink or hyperlink or pop anything up.

From the George Zimmerman thread:

Hmm... I know this is a charged topic in general, but I would like to encourage people not lashing out with too much vitriol here. If it comes out that this is some sort of planted story to make Zimmerman out to be a hero, then sure. All bets are off I'd say. But if he did just happen to help out people on the road, there's really no need to bring in the baggage from the last thread with statements like "Oh yeah. Well, still, fuck that asshole! I don't give a shit what good thing he's done now, he a douche bag!"

Now, don't read this as a plea to praise him for a job well done, either. I'm not really sure if there's an agenda to reporting this or not. However, I'm certainly not suggesting that one needs to think better of Zimmerman in light of a good deed. I just don't necessarily think that pure vitriol carried over from the killing of Trayvon Martin should necessarily completely inform every subsequent Zimmerman response regardless of the context of the specific thread.

Anyway, carry on.

Are we not allowed to mention that he killed a kid now? What's this statement about?

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Are we not allowed to mention that he killed a kid now? What's this statement about?
Steve has always been a very level-headed poster and while I don't agree with the blanket statement he made, it reads more like an attempt at pre-moderation than espousing a ban on anything.

Zimmerman has not once expressed any remorse or offered a single apology therefore I will absolutely always know him as murdering scum, not to mention a bigot and a liar. Any subsequent or previous heroism does not change that perception and never will. I feel like people have every right to continue to bring up the murder he committed in the face of any discussion or attempt to absolve his character.

Kreed

"Don't go crazy with the 'Zimmerman is an asshole who murdered a child' posts". That's how I read it anyway. Steve has to know all Zimmerman discussion is going to reference the Trayvon case in some way, he just doesn't want a bunch of one liner posts.

i5jDzTT.jpg

But hes Superman..........

Yeah not going back in there.

akira28

Lol.

I hope we get a black king one day. I want him to be as dark as the night with cornrolls n shit.

I'll start the North American Free Loyalists Party then.

I can see a picture of it. One leg up on the arm of the throne. Excalibur in his lap, got that lion's mane mantle on one shoulder and a cheetah's head on the other. Red Sonja and Warrior Woman sitting at his knees.

harSon

Banned
starring Jaden Smith.

If he's Bruce Leeroy's little brother, then I'm down. My only requirement is keeping the RZA away from everything but the soundtrack. Dude's on some David Carradine trip, thinking he's some old mystical Asian kung fu master and shit. The new GI Joe was ridiculous, the RZA was straight up Pai Mai nigga edition. He had the long white eye brows and everything.

I wish busta still has braids. He'd be an awesome sho nuff

Every rapper loses their edge when they change up their hair. Em when he stopped dyeing it, Busta AND Luda when they went with buzzcuts/cornrolls, Lupe when he went Whoopi. I mean we're talking biblical Sampson type ish

Top Bottom