• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT5| A Nation of Drakes Can't Hold Us Back

Status
Not open for further replies.
NPD's are just going to be battle of the "who shipped mores" for the next couple of months since both are selling out.

NPD salt won't hit critical mass until around Jan/February when the consoles start to become readily available in stores.

JohnDoe

Banned

d2NeQ3G.gif

harSon

Banned
Apparently it's a really good device for XBMC. I was thinking about purchasing an Intel NUC, but it's $200 more for the lowest configuration. My current HTPC costs too much to keep on all of the time...

harSon

Banned
How much could it possibly cost?

It's a computer I got from my dad's job for free a year or two back. It's basically a freaking server: http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/12849_na/12849_na.pdf

It actually plays modern games on Medium to High settings, so it's not half bad in terms of power (they were platforms used for viewing blood samples for Cancer research); but the thing is MASSIVE, it sucks power like no other and it's not exactly quiet.

So something that runs XBMC flawlessly, fits in the palm of your hand and is quiet in comparison is pretty attractive.

Edit: 1050W Power Supply...

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
HarSon I am going to buck the trend and tell you to go for it that way you can test it and post impressions without me having to waste my own time or money.

RedSwirl

Good God.

If you're feeling sorry for me, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but games ain't one.

I got Bayonetta on stack fa sho
Mario Kart gonna come out and ya’ll’s mouths’ll close
Game critics say U’s has no game is gettin old
I’m a gamer stupid what type of facts is those

The response:

All right stop
Collaborate and listen
Wii U is a failure
And you just dont want to listen
3D World is a bomb
And goomba is all up in here trying to twist it
So i suggest you grab your Mario doll and hold it tightly
As the PS4 goes on to sell daily and nightly
Will it ever stop?
The answer is no
The next 5 years will test your pain threshold

Word to Iwata

drop-that-zero.gif

Oh, and my PC parts came in today. Damn this full tower is a huge bitch. Two feet long and two feet tall.

harSon

Banned
If that's what you're looking for, maybe you could look into a raspberry pi.

I already have one. I used it to replace the same computer being used as a NAS :p It doesn't work too well as an XBMC device though. It has trouble decoding some audio streams (DTS I believe), causing video to stutter terribly, and it's too low powered to properly utilize some of the more complex skins.

I'd hate to drop $300 on an Intel NUC, so I'm hoping an OUYA pans out. I'll do some more research...

so I bought a PS4 at launch and sold it two days later

A week after owning an xbox one I'm ready to bail out

Wii U/PC future?

Just need to give the PS4 time.

Spring is going to be great and I imagine Japanese support will be here in the Fall of 2014. Hoping for Final Fantasy XV myself though I can see that getting pushed.

Deprive

so I bought a PS4 at launch and sold it two days later

A week after owning an xbox one I'm ready to bail out

Wii U/PC future?

You should have waited until fall 2014 to have bought a nextgen system.

Nov NPD is going to be nuts. Damn Iwata you screwed breh :\

Just need to give the PS4 time.

Spring is going to be great and I imagine Japanese support will be here in the Fall of 2014. Hoping for Final Fantasy XV myself though I can see that getting pushed.

yeah admittedly it's just a matter of time until Ps4 is glorious, I was impressed with the hardware

Nakazato

LOL

So....

Nakazato confessions 3,4,&5
3) I have no game to speak of Im surprised that Im in a relationship now. Im that super nerdy guy that girls turn away from.

4) I wrote a 15 page hood movie in college. It was good when I wrote it.... Now looking back at it I'm ashamed.

5) I was always way over weight as a kid and it really hurt myself esteem. I got to a point I hated myself and ate back because I hate myself. I lost most of the weight in College only to gain more when I got back home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom