• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT5| A Nation of Drakes Can't Hold Us Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

DominoKid

I'm going through Friday Night Lights again.

So many
iUQpZEP83Xdzi.png
moments.

Gorillaz

booker-t-n-gga-o.gif

But seriously though, and I'm probably tiptoeing on some lines here, but I honestly have no clue how that dude is still around. Every post I've seen from him in a race thread is some blatant racist shit.

Sick of this shit man. Like DY was saying in the last thread, other subjects get you knocked off with the quickness if you're not absolutely careful, but when it comes to race, it's wildly inconsistent.

Didn't realize it was the same guy from before, honestly reading now I don't blame you for speaking up

Slayven

I like every time I research a game on gaf, there is a post in the thread about the game from DY. I bet if I go back into USENET archives Dy will be on there saying "Wolfinstein 3d is aight ".

Man, every time someone posts that pic of Nicki Minaj and her Halloween outfit I just think, "Neat, a nearly nude mannequin."

Told my boss that I won't be here by year end cause shit fucking sucks(in a more professional way) and she responded with a (in a more professional way) Nah, shit fucking blows.

so basically she's saying "I aint even mad...."

Our department was fucked from the get go, she only recently accepted that. We got auditors about, only a matter of time before someone catches hell for this. I'll probably get the most of it, but she knows it was unavoidable. As long as we have that understanding her boss' boss can say whatever he wants to me. I'm just gonna give him a 'are you done yet?' face and collect my last check.

It fucking sucks waiting for the axe to drop though.

I need to go see 12 years a slave.

Does not disappoint.

Friend has a conversation with the landlord this Sat. Hope all goes well for her. She's with me until then. I wouldn't want to be at my place either if I was her.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Told my boss that I won't be here by year end cause shit fucking sucks(in a more professional way) and she responded with a (in a more professional way) Nah, shit fucking blows.

The two toughest conversations I ever had with my boss:

1. Shit fucking sucks
  2. I'm giving my two weeks notice

So good on you for getting ahead of it. Don't keep waiting for promises to be delivered or positive changes to come. I lost two+ years at my last job because I was too afraid to do what was best for me and I kept waiting for the higher-ups to do their job. They never did.

Ah the crops will come in nice this fall

The two toughest conversations I ever had with my boss:

1. Shit fucking sucks
  2. I'm giving my two weeks notice

So good on you for getting ahead of it. Don't keep waiting for promises to be delivered or positive changes to come. I lost two+ years at my last job because I was too afraid to do what was best for me and I kept waiting for the higher-ups to do their job. They never did.

Shit is beyond dysfunctional. The only way this could be fixed is if we hire staff 12 months ago for more than a few departments. For a bank, this is unbelievably wrecked, when the auditors bring me into a conferenceroom and say how unacceptable this is, I'm just gonna have to agree. It's FUBAR here. No reasonable amount of manpower could fix this in anything under 6 months. I don't want to be the one to say it. Hopefully they eek by til I get something lined up.

harSon

Banned
Our department was fucked from the get go, she only recently accepted that. We got auditors about, only a matter of time before someone catches hell for this. I'll probably get the most of it, but she knows it was unavoidable. As long as we have that understanding her boss' boss can say whatever he wants to me. I'm just gonna give him a 'are you done yet?' face and collect my last check.

It fucking sucks waiting for the axe to drop though.

In my previous job, we needed auditors to rain hell on our organization, but the audits were a joke. "Yeah, we need these files, and you have a few weeks to get them to us - but feel free to bullshit the fuck out of them in the mean time."

Gorillaz

Shit is beyond dysfunctional. The only way this could be fixed is if we hire staff 12 months ago for more than a few departments. For a bank, this is unbelievably wrecked, when the auditors bring me into a conferenceroom and say how unacceptable this is, I'm just gonna have to agree. It's FUBAR here. No reasonable amount of manpower could fix this in anything under 6 months. I don't want to be the one to say it. Hopefully they eek by til I get something lined up.
Moris you "cooking the books" ain't you?

I told ya'll Gaf would still love TLoU at the end of the year, this isn't Bioshock Infinite.

The weird thing to me is GTAV isn't even close to being in contention with it, going by that thread. I have no doubt that GTAV will be in the top 3 for GAF's vote, and Infinite will be in the top 5, but it looks like its gonna be 2011 all over again with one game kinda running away with it by several hundred points.

Its my favorite game of the year too, along with W101, so its got my vote.

Imm0rt4l

The weird thing to me is GTAV isn't even close to being in contention with it, going by that thread. I have no doubt that GTAV will be in the top 3 for GAF's vote, and Infinite will be in the top 5, but it looks like its gonna be 2011 all over again with one game kinda running away with it by several hundred points.

Its my favorite game of the year too, along with W101, so its got my vote.

Yea, I'm actually a little surprised by that.

Moris you "cooking the books" ain't you?

Not gonna lie.

There was a moment where me and my boss both unspokeningly agreed not to change dates next to signatures to make them meet compliance.

After a moment of silence and a quick stare down, Her: "I'm not lying for a bank. It is what it is."

Yea, I'm actually a little surprised by that.

Biggest game of the year, best MetaCritic, came out recently, well-received by fans...and yet

Its early-going, but TLOU might be one of those few current-gen games on GAF that's almost universally enjoyed and doesn't get a lot of backlash or vocal divisive opinions, like Dark Souls, the Super Mario Galaxies, and Portal 2. I actually know several people who didn't think Uncharted 2 was all that and thought it was a great game. Hell, even Derrick01 thought it was a great game, and he hates everything.

How much do they pay you for this amount of work and stress?

Not enough. It was mutually beneficial until they wanted me to meet with auditors and set unrealistical goals. I'm working 12 hours sat and sun as a token of gratitude to my boss. Then I'm out and on to the next one.

Watch Moris be testifying infront of Congress about the next financial crash.

"They made me do it! They said they'd kill my mama!"

and as they haul me off

"They said people never go to jail for this sorta shiiiit! I love my mamaaaaa!"

I Hope you cashed them stocks

Stock is invalid if my employment ends before 2015, fuck it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom