• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT5| A Nation of Drakes Can't Hold Us Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

I did rack pulls, squats and bench press today.

I know

03iSMTF.jpg

ReiGun

Not satisfied with endtables and small dressers, Devo is working up to that grandfather clock heist
Give her a few more months in the gym, and she'll swipe your whole living room right from under you. Everything from the sofa to the knick knacks gone.

Slayven

Give her a few more months in the gym, and she'll swipe your whole living room right from under you. Everything from the sofa to the knick knacks gone.

To quote Elliot on white girl thieves, "10 pounds of crazy in a 2 pound bag."

Gorillaz

Said it in the LTTP thread but finally able to sit down again and start over from the beginning, The Wire really is something else. It's depressingly bleak but the show is multi-layered and ambitious as fuck.

Onemic

So I'm thinking of going back to school for journalism

:|

meh

for real? If it's something you're passionate about go for it man. One thing I've realized after getting my worthless BA honours degree, is that it's never worth it to go into something that you're not really down to be 100% invested in.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
for real? If it's something you're passionate about go for it man. One thing I've realized after getting my worthless BA honours degree, is that it's never worth it to go into something that you're not really down to be 100% invested in.

I used to write a lot before I got dragged into Physics in the smartblackguytrap at my college... but its something. And I don't necessarily see a lot of contract work in the near future either. It'd be nice to do my job in civilian clothes but its not realistic to put all my eggs in that basket.

Journalism is 'kinda' the same thing and its close enough to get me back to what I'd like to do anyways.

Its just going to weird to be the black guy in class again.

Gorillaz

I'm the only black guy in most my classes due to me being an education major I be getting those "He's one of the good ones, probably had to fight through gang warfare and drug dealers just to get a school book" looks
What the hell you mean 'maybe'? How is the man who likes Charmed gonna throw shade on the GOAT tv show?

lol

but yea now that it clicked with me, I can see why it's considered GOAT by people. Might have to join them on that after I'm done

I'm flirting with 70 hour work week.

I'm thinking about looking for another job, this place got straight torpedo-ed by suits too far away from daily operation to even consider how foolish some of their decisions are/have been.

So Well Spoken.

I record the audio on my pc so I get a slightly higher quality recording than others, I use this

Slay somehow got skype to work on Satch's WiiU gamepad

Nakazato

So I'm thinking of going back to school for journalism

:|

meh

DONT DO IT.

Seriously I love what I do I get to meet cool ppl get paid we'll and eat and amazing places. But its the fear of when am I going to work again. Its the worst feeling in the world that what military/school (likely not school) is in play for me I need that steady pay coming in.

DY_nasty

DONT DO IT

Did the field get worse over the past 6 years? That was the last time I took it seriously

man

i'm not gonna bullshit you about the military thing. if you want a steady check you don't need the military for it. the amount of work you put into it will make you quickly realize that the same amount of work you put in before noon everyday would've easily got you a solid job and a step up on your peers as well. then you'll realize that you've got 3+ years left on your contract and you'll be kicking yourself.

edit2: ^if you're not a piece of shit from the start that tries to get over on the system at every turn, that's entirely different. but few have the gall to try that from the start. plus the consequences often lead to a dishonorable - which may as well be a kiss of death.

FyreWulff

Our Sudanese refugee population did their part and kept Halloween alive tonight.

They're not really into the dress up part, though. I think there was about 4 kids of all the ones that visited tonight that were actually dressed up.

DominoKid

is that just a critique on the Army experience or is that how it generally is across the board.

i'm thinking about going Air Force unless something pops up between now and Xmas. i'm working on getting into running shape now so i wouldn't die in Boot Camp.

I just got a prompt to change my password because it was 15 days old. Tell me this isn't going to be a regular thing.

I go that too, took me a bit to remember what I changed it to from last time.

And it won't let me use my current free email, so forgot my password option is done for me. I thought..."this is really how I'm gonna end up never posting on gaf again?"

DY_nasty

is that just a critique on the Army experience or is that how it generally is across the board.

i'm thinking about going Air Force unless something pops up between now and Xmas. i'm working on getting into running shape now so i wouldn't die in Boot Camp.

Air Force is different. You're much more likely to find that you like the lifestyle but are rather meh towards your job in particular. In the Army, you can find yourself in a job that you absolutely love but a severe dislike for everything else around it.

It really depends on where you go, what your priorities are, the people there, and how well you can deal with certain types of bullshit.

don't let them trick you into missiles.

Got a bit of weight on the squats now. Have a smaller weighted bar. It's a nice step up to the big leagues. Already doing the normal bar on the rack pulls plus 10 pounds. Working up to benching the normal bar too. Will probably happen next workout. I'm already stronger than I expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom