• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT5| A Nation of Drakes Can't Hold Us Back

Status
Not open for further replies.
every time i go in the anime thread i always see the most ridiculous reactions to Valvrave so i never bothered looking at it. i knew it wouldn't be some shit i would like. i've never had the suspension of disbelief problem though.

I watched 3 eps of Fate/Zero after I gave up on Wolverine last night. not bad.

Code Geass is awesome.

I dunno I guess I'm more bothered because the show didn't even remotely try to show the immediate adverse effects of a ship punching a huge hole in a colony's biodome. Like if they just showed air being violently sucked out into space then I probably wouldn't even flinched. They showed nothing, huge hole mechs come in and camera angle of people RIGHT UNDER THE HOLE and nothing. It's like really? It's kinda like watching someone punch a big hole into a balloon and the balloon or the air inside not reacting.

Weird thing to complain about maybe, but it's the little things that make scifi shows great or shit.

QUp4kjE.jpg

lmao Kanye's face man, I'm dying right now. Like yo Kim looks all happy and shit, and this dude is staring into the void. Dude has not been the same since his mom died.

Wow, people haven't heard Cynthia Rothrock, what's next, y'all didn't watch American Ninja and his black sidekick?
Michael Dudikoff and Cynthia Rothrock were once names on every kid's lips back in Ghana in the early 90s

I'm sorry but Kanye stays cracking me up lmao. This dude seethes!

2f464336596e11e3b1ac0ebfbcba2f55_8.jpg

Wow, people haven't heard Cynthia Rothrock, what's next, y'all didn't watch American Ninja and his black sidekick?
Michael Dudikoff and Cynthia Rothrock were once names on every kid's lips back in Ghana in the early 90s

I just never hopped on the America's weeaboo trip back in the early 90s with their cheesy martial art movies which were either stereotyping like hell or flat out comedy bad or worse flat out racist against Asians.

That and I wasn't even living in America in the 90s. So pretty "American culture" from 1986-2004 were completely lost on me. And at no point was I quick to seek it out via videos, music, clothing, etc.

And so far from what I've seen...I was defintiely better off.

Kanye's two faces are:

• Sad Kanye
  • Happy Kanye for a few seconds only to turn creepily back into Sad Kanye.
The death of his mother really fucked that dude up.

Imm0rt4l

I'm glad im not the only one that remembers american ninja.

Kanye's two faces are:

• Sad Kanye
  • Happy Kanye for a few seconds only to turn creepily back into Sad Kanye.
The death of his mother really fucked that dude up.

For real, dude just looks like he hates the world and everything in it.

Also, Kim fucked her face up with that permanent duck lip procedure. She looked much better before it IMO.

Slayven

I'm sorry but Kanye stays cracking me up lmao. This dude seethes!

http://distilleryimage3.ak.instagram.com/2f464336596e11e3b1ac0ebfbcba2f55_8.jpg[/IMG

I just never hopped on the America's weeaboo trip back in the early 90s with their cheesy martial art movies which were either stereotyping like hell or flat out comedy bad or worse flat out racist against Asians.

That and I wasn't even living in America in the 90s. So pretty "American culture" from 1986-2004 were completely lost on me. And at no point was I quick to seek it out via videos, music, clothing, etc.

And so far from what I've seen...I was defintiely better off.[/QUOTE]

Fuck you, Sidekicks was awesom
[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LC7T8J4N1_8[/url]

BHZ Mayor

I have a friend's crunchy roll login. I marathoned Attack on Titan, it was cool but I wish I had waited til it was at least confirmed it would be completed as an anime before jumping in. I need some suggestions on what to watch.

Space Brothers is a solid watch so far, it's not mechs, swords and demons if that's what you're into.

When I told my gf "I'm gonna watch an anime called Space Brothers" she replied "Is that about black guys in space?"

"..unfortunately, no."

We already had that chance. We blew it profusely.

cast.jpg

ReiGun

One of my friends got married today. Me and my ride were 10 minutes late, which would have been fine if the ceremony weren't only 20 minutes long. We walked in and they finishing the vows.

Food at the recpetion was good tho.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
joel mchale is brutal though. dude needs his own show where he shits on games, gamers and developers

Slayven

Prepare yourselves, because this will be posted everywhere for the rest of the year, and probably the rest of eternity on this website.

I thought we were done with that, and ND had to fuck up the game. I ahte that meme so much. So damn forced. Folks are angry over seeing rappers!!!

ReiGun

Awards shows are of course unnecessary, but they can be entertaining. You'd think with a subject matter like video games, one could make a show a little better than "dudes sitting in chairs talking about gameplay footage." The concert was nice, at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom