• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT5| A Nation of Drakes Can't Hold Us Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kreed

Those types of threads will never moderated as harshly as this one.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=730729

I honestly hate when people don't properly read OPs/threads, so I can respect the bans, but I get what you're saying. It really depends on what the issue is and how much the mod moderating it cares about the issue. Which is why you normally won't see that type of strict moderation happening in threads about black issues unless it's a mod like Bish, Blackace, or Mumei moderating the thread, vs gaming issues which all the mods care about.

Onemic

Need some dieting advice from Immortal/DY/someone who knows shit

Been trying to get my fat ass to lean out and it seems that my body wants to do anything but. I've been reading up on these calorie calculators and they tell me that my extreme fat loss level is 2016 calories. I said ok, and adjusted and counted my calories accordingly so I only ate that amount. Problem is, that after a week of doing this I've yet to lose any weight. Knowing the way my body works and with the lowest male metabolism known to man, this probably isn't a fluke. Is it safe to go under the 2000 calorie mark and only lose fat? Asking this because when I first started to want to count calories I began using myfitnessapp, which recommended that I only eat 1700 calories per day, 300 lower than the extreme fat loss limit of the calorie counter I used, I decided against the myfitnessapp calorie goal simply because I was afraid if I followed it I would start losing muscle as well as fat because of what the calculators said. Now I'm in the position where I don't know anymore, since following the calorie calculators advice has not worked for me so far.

ill probably post this in fitgaf too. This shit has me angry.

ill probably post this in fitgaf too. This shit has me angry.

I would highly recommend doing that. They'll probably ask you if your active/working out & from what you posted I can only assume. Biggest thing is your quality of food, ie. what your eating, huge factor.

Onemic

I would highly recommend doing that. They'll probably ask you if your active/working out & from what you posted I can only assume. Biggest thing is your quality of food, ie. what your eating, huge factor.

Yup, I work out. Main reason I'm afraid of going under that 2000 calorie mark. I don't wanna lose dem gains.

So far I've only eaten food from home and my protein shakes, so no processed stuff.

Might be a stupid question but what is your carb and protein intake like?

Currently I'm doing 25/40/35(carbs/protein/fat) for my macros

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I'm not the best diet guy, to be blunt.

Are you exercising any? What are you doing on that front?

Edit: Okay yeah - I've never tried to do what you're doing. Immortal is the guy for that. Most of what I've done or helped people do is either/or. Lose weight/build up. Its a longer process, definitely, but its way more focused and its much easier to identify issues when they arise.

Onemic

I'm not the best diet guy, to be blunt.

Are you exercising any? What are you doing on that front?

The program I'm doing now is 3 days per week on a modified 5x5 workout(Just a few acessory arm stuff I added after the workout and dropsets on non squat excercises) Aftwerwards I either use the treadmill on the highest incline with low velocity for 20min(Wednesdays) or use the elliptical for 5 - 10 min(Mondays and Fridays).

DY_nasty

The program I'm doing now is 3 days per week on a modified 5x5 workout(Just a few acessory arm stuff I added after the workout and dropsets on non squat excercises) Aftwerwards I either use the treadmill on the highest incline with low velocity for 20min(Wednesdays) or use the elliptical for 5 - 10 min(Mondays and Fridays).

How long have you been at this and what are your goals?

First off - Its only been a week. Don't stress.

Secondly, and most important, don't starve yourself. I don't think there's a reason that anyone should be going below 2000 calories a day if they're eating the right things and actually making the most of their workout days.

But when it comes to gains, don't stress that as much early on. You need proper form and most of all your body needs to 'wake up' and get used to being strong in those motions before you ever start worrying about leveling out anywhere. Also, when it comes to elliptical and whatnot - aim for pace/heart rate over just a time allotted on the machine. This keeps you from boring yourself and wasting time. Its easy to push peddles around but good work can be done from a bike if you aim for it.

Onemic

How long have you been at this and what are your goals?

First off - Its only been a week. Don't stress.

Secondly, and most important, don't starve yourself. I don't think there's a reason that anyone should be going below 2000 calories a day if they're eating the right things and actually making the most of their workout days.

But when it comes to gains, don't stress that as much early on. You need proper form and most of all your body needs to 'wake up' and get used to being strong in those motions before you ever start worrying about leveling out anywhere. Also, when it comes to elliptical and whatnot - aim for pace/heart rate over just a time allotted on the machine. This keeps you from boring yourself and wasting time. Its easy to push peddles around but good work can be done from a bike if you aim for it.

Started working out semi consistently last December and consistently in July. The program I'm doing now started about a month and a half ago.

I guess I wanna have it all. Lose weight, gain muscle mass and definition. Pretty much I wanna look like these dudes:

Ulisses+Williams+Jr+%25287%2529.jpg

I've seen a lot of gains in the muscle mass department, but not in the losing weight department since I've been always eating like shit, until last week. I guess my thing is that the times I have lost weight I always see results of some sort within the first week, in fact it's usually when I drop the most weight until it begins to level off to a slow burn. I've been looking into just chaning up my current macro diet to a variable hybrid one that I've seen by Elliot Hulse, youtube strongman dude that really motivated me to get off my ass and do shit. It would be 2 days of doing keto, followed by a 24 hour IT fast, followed by a low carb, low fat, high protein diet for 2 days, and ending off with a reload phase over the weeked of high carbs, low fat, med protein.

DY_nasty

You're probably fine if its only a week, man :p

Harson may have been down the same road as you though.

I know more about helping skinny kids and women more than anything else.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
You want to look like that? I hope you either got amazing genetics, or a lot of money for steroids, or preferably both.

Onemic

You want to look like that? I hope you either got amazing genetics, or a lot of money for steroids, or preferably both.

Well I dunno about the latter, but all my life everyone tells me I have the genetics to be a big ass football player and all my relatives on my moms side are massive motherfuckers. A man can dream.

Gorillaz

I heard that new Immortal workout plan is even more stressful then p90x
I got a used 3DS for 80 bucks. You don't even need to look hard for a good deal on a portable these days.

I've already got north of 90 hours on Fire Emblem Awakening. Haven't even beat it yet. I haven't played a pokemon game since Emerald though. Ace Attorney games are always godlike on the other hand...
hmm and if that shit has backwards compatibility, I might pick it up then. Haven't played a pokemon game in fucking yearsssssss also i want to catch up on the other stuff too I missed on handheld.

Trey

There is no either or. Only way you'll look like those dudes is if your have the genetic disposition and put serious work in; probably supplemented with steroids.

caesar

Banned
I got a used 3DS for 80 bucks. You don't even need to look hard for a good deal on a portable these days.

I've already got north of 90 hours on Fire Emblem Awakening. Haven't even beat it yet. I haven't played a pokemon game since Emerald though. Ace Attorney games are always godlike on the other hand...

The new one is my favourite.

Nakazato

I do 1700-1800 cals a day at 5'7 calorie counters work but u will lose muscle. HarSon will tell you to go atkins and ill agree witg that. But you also need to limit you processed food cut liquid calories out of you diet

Also try p90 (power 90) if your really out of shape it won't kill you

Slayven

FE did a lot right, but I didn't have any sort of connection with the characters so I didn't out too much time into it. Still good though.

Pokemon is godlike, but Spin already highlighted the problems.

AA5 is a must-cop. I'd say get it before Pokemon.

no under age breasts.

Onemic

I do 1700-1800 cals a day at 5'7 calorie counters work but u will lose muscle. HarSon will tell you to go atkins and ill agree witg that. But you also need to limit you processed food cut liquid calories out of you diet

Also try p90 (power 90) if your really out of shape it won't kill you

Ya, I can't have that. I'll just see how it goes for another week before making any calorie changes.

Luckily even when I ate my ass with shit, it was always washed down with water, not pop or juice. I pretty much never drink anything except water.

Ya P90x was great when I lost weight the first time, since I didn't go to the gym. As it is right now, it'd be complete overkill to add it to my current routine.

I still miss Free :(

and I am done with this non-electric razor life. These bumps aint worth the close shave, fam. What do ya'll use, I'm open to suggestions

I still miss Free :(

and I am done with this non-electric razor life. These bumps aint worth the close shave, fam. What do ya'll use, I'm open to suggestions

As soon as I got out of the military I stopped using razors and went to using clippers on my face. (too lazy to get a shaving waiver) Haven't had any bumps since. The tradeoff is cut I get isn't as close but I don't mind for now.

DY_nasty

Best shape I was ever in was my freshmen year of college and I was pretty ridiculously strong for my size.

But I think I am an anomaly because I've taken a lot of hits and injuries that would've permanently sidelined most people. Here at Ft. Hood, the doctors maintain that I'm the only person that they've ever seen walk into and out of a hospital with a sternoclavicular dislocation.

I got a sticker.

Imm0rt4l

DY_nasty

Thanks, but I wish. You can be big, you can be shredded. But you can't be big and shredded. Ulisses physique is amazing and I attribute a lot of it to his genetics, but dude's on some gear for sure even if he is a "natural bodybuilder".

Pretty much this.

When people see runningbacks and safeties in the NFL... man, not only are they juicing - but they've been running fine-tuned machines since they were sophomores in high school. And many of them started with just the frame and packed on top of that.

Imm0rt4l

Pretty much this.

When people see runningbacks and safeties in the NFL... man, not only are they juicing - but they've been running fine-tuned machines since they were sophomores in high school. And many of them started with just the frame and packed on top of that.

Yea.

Not to mention your testosterone levels can be 6 times that of a normal mans and not raise any red flags. HGH? Can't test for that so you'll see guys here and there with 20+ inch arms. Drug testing is more of a formality than something that is strictly enforced there.

Natural Bodybuilder just means they cycle off once in awhile. Laying off them cocktails while cutting.

pretty much for a good chunk of them for sure. You can take drugs 365 days a year and pass the drug test with several hours notice if you know how to use google. I don't think this isthe case for all of them though, some have very realistic amounts of lean mass.

DY_nasty

Yea.

Not to mention your testosterone levels can be 6 times that of a normal mans and not raise any red flags. HGH? Can't test for that so you'll see guys here and there with 20+ inch arms. Drug testing is more of a formality than something that is strictly enforced there.

I never got tested at all in college. I saw one person at my school get tested in the 3 years I was there.

People were passing shit around like it was a hookah convention

Onemic

Thanks, but I wish. You can be big, you can be shredded. But you can't be big and shredded. Ulisses physique is amazing and I attribute a lot of it to his genetics, but dude's on some gear for sure even if he is a "natural bodybuilder".

I think Ryan Dorris's physique may be something attainable.
But that might be a bit of naivety on my part.

See Sam Okunola

If I could look like him Ryan it would be mission accomplished. If I could look like you it'd be mission accomplished. Hell, if I could just get my damn weight down without losing all my muscle in the process it'd pretty much be mission accomplished.

I know Ulisses and Mike Rashid's physique is pretty much running on impossible to attain, but let a nigga dream :(

it gives me dat motiavation

Imm0rt4l

Oh I hear you onemic, nothing wrong with lookin for motivation imo. I mean those guys at least look attainable. But then you got guys like Mike O'hearn and Kali muscle claiming they're life long natural. fucking lol

I never got tested at all in college. I saw one person at my school get tested in the 3 years I was there.

People were passing shit around like it was a hookah convention

Dudes on my campus Eat Clen, Tren hard. Not sure how they afford it.

I got way too many reasons to ever hop on some shit. You got bodybuilders dying left and right cuz the stuff. And even that ranks low on my list of cons.

I'm not against the stuff per se though. I mean if you're a movie star, then shit take all the drugs and get a doctor to take good care of you.

I aint even kno Kaep was back

I got way too many reasons to ever hop on some shit. You got bodybuilders dying left and right cuz the stuff. And even that ranks low on my list of cons.

I'm not against the stuff per se though. I mean if you're a movie star, then shit take all the drugs and get a doctor to take good care of you.

I aint even kno Kaep was back

The money my friend pays a year is ridiculous. He's on some crazy expensive cocktail.

Imm0rt4l

The money my friend pays a year is ridiculous. He's on some crazy expensive cocktail.

Is he a competitive bodybuilder? How much does he spend a year? I know top level juice heads spend tens of thousands a year, like an entire persons salary on gear. I don't understand spending that kinda money on something, and it's not even permanent.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Not quite related to this thread (though their is a black character) but this rick and morty shit is the funniest cartoon I've seen on TV in a minute. Its like Bad Grandpa meets Back to the Future.....

Episode 1

Episode 2

clown ass Terrence J from 106&Park came up.

Nicole Isaacs

Terrance J made the first mistake taking her around dudes with bigger payrolls......

DominoKid

Is he a competitive bodybuilder? How much does he spend a year? I know top level juice heads spend tens of thousands a year, like an entire persons salary on gear. I don't understand spending that kinda money on something, and it's not even permanent.

how much do top level bodybuilders make? it's gotta be worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom