• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT5| A Nation of Drakes Can't Hold Us Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imm0rt4l

This nigga slay confused mya for aaliyah

and then name drops en vogue haha I forgot about them. I was thinking to myself she sand 'nobody's supposed to be here' right....then realized my made the same mistake as slay.

Y'all have no respect for action movie history. You guys deserve Taylor Katvich and Channign Tatium.

Sadly I think there's probably truth in this.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Didn't you have another one before?

Mine was kinda random.
I've had a few, but this one's been around a while now. My favorite was "R.O.Y. (Reilo of the Year)" when Brandon Roy was setting the league on fire.

I'm still mad at you dudes for talking shit about fashion-gaf.

3Fh484n.jpg

Trey

No catch. People had to share one of KK's FB posts 12K times, so those nice people put in the work for the good of mankind.

Htown posted it in this thread, but shit's funny as fuck, more people should see it.

I've never seen an episode of Key and Peele. Apparently gaf hates it though.

Ahh, I had a nagging feeling it was already posted, once I realized the show was from last week. I'm catching up on my DVR, and watched that episode tonight.

I do dig the show though. It's easy to want to compare it to Chappelle since it's Comedy Central's newest "urban" comedy show, but I think it stands on its own.

Imm0rt4l

Man Youtube crackin down on videogames is kinda rough. On one hand I don't care if guys like DSP or Pewdepie don't make money off some shitty lets play vids that has little or no real effort put into them. On the other hand their are some legitimate quality youtube peeps that put out good stuff for videogames.

Nakazato

Man Youtube crackin down on videogames is kinda rough. On one hand I don't care if guys like DSP or Pewdepie don't make money off some shitty lets play vids that has little or no real effort put into them. On the other hand their are some legitimate quality youtube peeps that put out good stuff for videogames.

Hope max doesn't get his channel wrecked cause he puts out great stuff and is really likable

I don't understand how they can shut down people that use it for criticism purposes? It should fall under fair use.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
It was a matter of time. Cover artists have to jump through a zillion hoops just to put a video up proper, without monetizing it. Fair use when it comes to youtube is a hilarious statement.

I am frustrated.

Why doesn't worldstar have the domain WSHH.com? No, I don't want to visit Wish 99.7.

This is like the 4th time I've tried to go to worldstar and ended up seeing that Micheal Buble/Billy Joel banner, and for a nano second thinking "oh shit, did Buble and Joel throw fists over some basic shit in portrait mode?"

Yo tell me how this make sense. Finals week starts on Wednesday and ends next Tuesday. WTF?!?!?! How about making it start on Monday and ending Friday? because that makes fucking sense. oh and of course one of my classes' finals have to be next Tuesday. So instead of going home to my son's first recital and chilling through break I have to drive to Fresno on Sat and drive back to LA late Sunday.

Gorillaz

jbeVprhxMG1wW6.jpg

I just hope nothing happens to say, GameGrumps or Team Four Star.

The one in the hat kind of looks like T.D. Jakes

Yo tell me how this make sense. Finals week starts on Wednesday and ends next Tuesday. WTF?!?!?! How about making it start on Monday and ending Friday? because that makes fucking sense. oh and of course one of my classes' finals have to be next Tuesday. So instead of going home to my son's first recital and chilling through break I have to drive to Fresno on Sat and drive back to LA late Sunday.
Yea we started doing that bull last year too. It's just complicated as hell.

Next podcast episode we're doing "In The Workplace". Need some topic suggestions. Don't want Satch mad at me again. For an example here is one topic we have from way back when: "Are you viewed/approached differently when dressed in business attire?"

PM me or e-mail me at SoWellSpoken@gmail.com

No set date yet but it'll most likely be me DY Immortal Slay Satch & Devo. I really don't want to have more than 4 or 5 people for sound quality sake, but schedule conflicts will probably work that out. And please Slay, upgrade your AOL connection or mic situation or whatever it is that makes it sound like you're talking through a comforter. Editing that last episode was rough. How did DY talking from his phone put your PC to shame?

"Your mother and Ares? Really? The whole 'God of War' thing didn't raise any red flags? I guess it's not surprising. Women always go for the bad boy. If the God of Dependability was trying to get with her she'd be like 'I think you're really sweet, but I just think of you as a friend.'"

The Wonder Woman movie deserves far more publicity than it actually got. Too funny.

I was gonna post this on FB, but I imagine that people may not get that I don't take that line of thought seriously.

Kreed

Next podcast episode we're doing "In The Workplace". Need some topic suggestions. Don't want Satch mad at me again. For an example here is one topic we have from way back when: "Are you viewed/approached differently when dressed in business attire?"

PM me or e-mail me at SoWellSpoken@gmail.com

No set date yet but it'll most likely be me DY Immortal Slay Satch & Devo. I really don't want to have more than 4 or 5 people for sound quality sake, but schedule conflicts will probably work that out. And please Slay, upgrade your AOL connection or mic situation or whatever it is that makes it sound like you're talking through a comforter. Editing that last episode was rough. How did DY talking from his phone put your PC to shame?

Here's a topic:

Village

Black snow day.

Its a regular snow day, but I am the black so it is now a black snow day. I guess its also an arabic snow day.

I bought Jet set Radio on steam , and played though it. Along with me wishing Jet Set Radio future comes to steam, to be quite honest why hasn't it, does Xbox own part of it or something? Anyways I got this one black characters who's voice was just terrible, like I guess it was trying to be "gangster" or whatever but It just sounded like some white dude trying to a black guy voice.

Any of yall got experience with that kind of thing? Just horrible black guy voices in games?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom