• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT5| A Nation of Drakes Can't Hold Us Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

Drop whatever you're doing and go. Watch. It. Immediately. One of my favourite series EVER and even when it drags (Glenn Close series arc) it was still hypnotic television drama. I binged through the whole series in 3 weeks, nearly triggering a divorce and I regret nothing.

Thanks for the kind words, friends

V2S3N5b.jpg

Breaking Bad/ Mad men
House of Cards
Fringe/ American Horror story
The walking dead
dexter/ homeland
the wire
Game of Thrones/ Boardwalk Empire
lost
the blacklist
arrested development
archer
sherlock
spartacus
the office/parks and rec
californication
Downton Abbey
Luther

I could only recommend House of Lies, The Sopranos & Treme.

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
Drop whatever you're doing and go. Watch. It. Immediately. One of my favourite series EVER and even when it drags (Glenn Close series arc) it was still hypnotic television drama. I binged through the whole series in 3 weeks, nearly triggering a divorce and I regret nothing.

Guess i need to watch this too.

Trey

I'm not really trying to get invested in another show, but Louie hooked me and I'm finishing it off. It's unique - his careless attitude with continuity - and I accepted it. The show starts throwing it in your face so much that I began to wonder when one of his daughters, or his wife, would inexplicably be black one episode, and sure enough that happens.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
I'm watching Luther for the first time and Stringer just went all Rampage Jackson on that fucking door, damn!

• Episode #16: The Trial of Slayven
Satch joins Moris, DY, Angelus and Slayven for a game of Stormfrontin', discussion about dating, men's fashion, questionable video game purchases, working retail and more.

Run time: 76 minutes 31 seconds

The Cast:
Satch - Angelus - Slayven - Moris - DY
Click To Stream. Right Click To Save
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Onemic

Luther is one of the few shows that I could stand to watch. Mainly because it is pretty as fuck and doesn't make me want to pluck out my eye balls like every other TV show.

Edit: Some point me in the direction of this years best R&B or Soul albums.

My girl Janelle Monae

harSon

Banned
HarSon,

Paul Robeson's CC set is going out of print.

Would you recommend it?

And It's a shame he left the industry so early in his career. I know he was frustrated with the limitations of his skin color within the industry, and his political views did him no favors given the era, but he was probably 7-10 years away from a Sidney Portier-esque career.

Would you recommend it?

And It's a shame he left the industry so early in his career. I know he was frustrated with the limitations of his skin color within the industry, and his political views did him no favors given the era, but he was probably 7-10 years away from a Sidney Portier-esque career.

I've only seen clips of his movies but the acting seems strong and my theory Professor loved him. I'm going to pick it up when I get back home at the end of the week.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Episode 2: Worst motivational speech ever.

"Alright chaps, let's get out there and arrest him. Or something. If you want. Whatever."

Gorillaz

Moris probably has a stormfront account, living a double life and shit

"you seen those savages at that liberal gaming forum Neogaf? They have a thread about black culture...it's like an oxymoron or something"

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Kissland might be my R&B album of the year. Still need to listen to Monae's again. I don't remember liking it as much as her previous one. Cold War is that gdlk.

Gorillaz

Got Tomb Raider on discount through psn plus over the summer. It isn't too bad, gun mechanics are even more "interesting" then uncharted's. Also some of the death animations are brutal

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I've briefly considered getting Tomb Raider during these 80 percent off Steam sales, but I don't know if I'm just gonna be pissed it's not a real Tomb Raider game the whole time.

Slayven

Got Tomb Raider on discount through psn plus over the summer. It isn't too bad, gun mechanics are even more "interesting" then uncharted's. Also some of the death animations are brutal

psn+ will have the deluxe bundle on sale tomorrow I will get it.

The beginning of Tomb Raider was a lot of 'what the fuck' to me. I was sitting through the first quarter of the game questioning everything. By the time it had finally opened up I threw in the towel to play something else.

Kreed

• Episode #16: The Trial of Slayven
Satch joins Moris, DY, Angelus and Slayven for a game of Stormfrontin', discussion about dating, men's fashion, questionable video game purchases, working retail and more.

Run time: 76 minutes 31 seconds

The Cast:
Satch - Angelus - Slayven - Moris - DY
Click To Stream. Right Click To Save
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Slayven you can no longer slander Platinum Games after buying this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom