• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT5| A Nation of Drakes Can't Hold Us Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imm0rt4l

5c10379e66e011e3867f0ef52b0b4d48_7.jpg
Just had some Chicken and waffles, it aint Roscoes, but it was bomb nonetheless.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Fuck you Series 3 of Luther.

So many shitty fucking cops on this show. How do they tie their shoelaces in the morning with how fucking incompetent they are?

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Fuck you Series 3 of Luther.

So many shitty fucking cops on this show. How do they tie their shoelaces in the morning with how fucking incompetent they are?
*nods grimly*

The writers drove right off a cliff in that series...from the sublime highs of S1 and 2 to WTF DID I JUST WASTE MY TIME ON in no time at all. Disappointing as hell.

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
Calling it right now, Titanfall won't even be close to as good as what the press has been hyping it up as. It looks suspect as hell.

Dunno man. Unless they go completely off the rails between now and release, it is REALLY good. I've enjoyed it everytime i've played it.

As with most things, it will come down to the community to support it and make it grow.

Trey

Titanfall will be at least good. The pedigree guarantees it will play to a level people expect, and it's different enough to make the moment to moment gameplay fresh again.

ReiGun

Thinking about it, I'm really having a tough time justifying buying any console. Like, do I really want to spend $400 on a PS4 just to play Kingdom Hearts 3 when that drops ? Or a Wii U just to play Bayonetta and Smash? I don't really play games like that anymore, so every system is in the position of being bought for like one or two games. And when I look at those prices...eh, I might sit this gen out until the end.

I'll probably get a 3DS as I've been needing to replace my DS Lite for a while and having a portable makes my commute to work so much easier to deal with.

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
Titanfall will be at least good. The pedigree guarantees it will play to a level people expect, and it's different enough to make the moment to moment gameplay fresh again.

It has that old "IW" feel (see CoD4). That goes a long way in my book.

There's nothing like some mob justice to cap off the day, Bitch ass dude just got owned by atleast 20 people, I pull up in my rap car

me:"hey what's happenin?"
Random dude: Oh nothing they just taught him a Lesson
Me: oh word what he do
Other dude: dumbass tried to snatch a purse
me: Dumbass! Carryon

This happened next to a taxi depot with no escape routes during a peak hour, the hell was he thinkin

Calling it right now, Titanfall won't even be close to as good as what the press has been hyping it up as. It looks suspect as hell.

that would save me some money, but i hope it's as great as it looks to be...

Thinking about it, I'm really having a tough time justifying buying any console. Like, do I really want to spend $400 on a PS4 just to play Kingdom Hearts 3 when that drops ? Or a Wii U just to play Bayonetta and Smash? I don't really play games like that anymore, so every system is in the position of being bought for like one or two games. And when I look at those prices...eh, I might sit this gen out until the end.

I'll probably get a 3DS as I've been needing to replace my DS Lite for a while and having a portable makes my commute to work so much easier to deal with.

i bought a PS4 for a game i already own on PS3 and 360! (BF4)

Fuck a suit and tie job. Ill never try to interview for a cubicle job again this isnt for me.

Did you get a look at the workforce? Maybe the suit and tie is just a barrier to entry. I work a cubicle job, but after the interview I've been allowed to wear jeans and a polo for years.

Nakazato

Did you get a look at the workforce? Maybe the suit and tie is just a barrier to entry. I work a cubicle job, but after the interview I've been allowed to wear jeans and a polo for years.
I hope I'm wrong its an insurance company sales job got 2nd interview so we will see only planning to stay 6 month to save the cash to move back to Cali

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=735685

You were robbed Esco, obviously Gibiz is racist.

SMH at people who don't how people of the year of lists work.

I hope I'm wrong its an insurance company sales job got 2nd interview so we will see only planning to stay 6 month to save the cash to move back to Cali

A job like that I can see how that can come with a requirement for proper attire. If it's just phone or internet based you may get lucky. 6 months ain't too bad of stretch.

I'm back office, so I don't interact with the public. That's why I get to dress less informally.

You want people to read articles to get the context? You monster.

Even worse I didn't bother reading the article because I knew what the context was based on past experience on reading such articles.

Damn you educational system for infusing me with this thing called "Comprehension".

damn-damn-damn-o.gif

Well, hope you get the job. I work IT so khakis and polo pretty much everyday. We are lax on dress codes, but every evening and weekends its Jordans and Nikes.

reilo

*nods grimly*

The writers drove right off a cliff in that series...from the sublime highs of S1 and 2 to WTF DID I JUST WASTE MY TIME ON in no time at all. Disappointing as hell.

I felt like there was a bunch of motivations for character actions missing. I get Gray's motivations. I get even Ripley's motivations and wishy-washy back-and-forth, but for top-of-the-food-chain detectives, they are fucking stupid. Especially George Stark.

At least when Luther makes inferences, he does it because there is something tying the events together and he knows how to read people. Everyone else doesn't even know how to read a book.

It just felt supremely incoherent at times.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Remind me to not make anymore jokes about Xbox One on Gaming side. The fans came out of the woodwork over that one. Now I got people implying I'm a fanboy and shiz when I just got done playing KIller Instinct with my boys for like 5 hours on Sunday lol.

reilo

Remind me to not make anymore jokes about Xbox One on Gaming side. The fans came out of the woodwork over that one. Now I got people implying I'm a fanboy and shiz when I just got done playing KIller Instinct with my boys for like 5 hours on Sunday lol.

Gaming-Side is... something else. It's like a bunch of Miami Heat fans running around, always catching feelings over the tiniest perceived slight, and never actually showing up for the games.

That post was quoted over 10 times lol

Wynnebeck

Banned
Damn you hit a nerve, it was funny though.

Gaming-Side is... something else. It's like a bunch of Miami Heat fans running around, always catching feelings over the tiniest perceived slight, and never actually showing up for the games.

Some soft ass people on gaming side. Can't even take a joke.

That post was quoted over 10 times lol

It's funny looking at the post history of the ones quoting it. Like 90% of them are Xbox fans so of course they would get salty. Some people need to learn to take shit in stride like the Vita fans.

R3TRODYCE

Some soft ass people on gaming side. Can't even take a joke.

It's funny looking at the post history of the ones quoting it. Like 90% of them are Xbox fans so of course they would get salty. Some people need to learn to take shit in stride like the Vita fans.

Now you made me feel bad for quoting it lol...Nah..I'm lying.

Slayven

The retroactive pedestal Mario Sunshine is sometimes placed on in Nintendo threads is astounding to me.

I liked it a lot when I played it back then. I see a number of people shit on it nowadays so maybe a refresher is in order.

See I always remembered that game being shit on. It was the only Mario game you were allowed to, like Windwaker was the only Zelda game you could shit on.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
The retroactive pedestal Mario Sunshine is sometimes placed on in Nintendo threads is astounding to me.

This happens with all Nintendo franchises. It's especially noticeable with Zelda, New one comes out. "This one's ass, the last one was great!" New one comes out. "No, THIS one's ass, the last one was the best!"

anyone ever just...not want look for work immediately after losing a job (my company closed down recently). I kinda have this weird guilt over the fact that I don't want to immediately run right out and find another job. I blame my American upbringing, lol.

I got enough money saved to cover the basics for the next couple months, so I kinda feel like just chilling for a few weeks before I go hard on the job search and unemployment checks. I'm also at the weird crossroads where I'm not 100% sure if I even want to stay in the same city, or even stay in the same industry, so I feel like I'd rather determine that for myself before I do a full on job search.

Plus, I kinda feel like no one's really gonna be hiring in December anyway.
also, where am I gonna find this much time to go through my game/TV show backlog?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom