• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT5| A Nation of Drakes Can't Hold Us Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

FyreWulff

I've determined if I want arena shooters back, I just have to make my own arena shooter.

I don't hate CoD itself, but it gets fucking tiring when games literally copy CoD's entire mechanics but fall short, it makes first person shooters samey as fuck and boring. They even CoD'd the Goldeneye remake's multiplayer. That's like bringing back Command and Conqer Gold in the Starcraft 2 engine. Stop it developers.

props to bish's team on Turok for not going for ironsights on all the guns. kept the lineage with the N64 shooters that started that series, for once.

Ya know, there was this one console shooter on Xbox that was kinda popular that had some arena shooter elements and longer killtimes than CoD...it died so long ago, I can barely remember it, heh.

FyreWulff, I think you might have been there.

Ya know, there was this one console shooter on Xbox that was kinda popular that had some arena shooter elements and longer killtimes than CoD...it died so long ago, I can barely remember it, heh.

FyreWulff, I think you might have been there.

Don't you dare utter it's name in here. I don't want to be reminded.

Let's just say the game that shall not be named is coming up for a year of nonplay for me on the 25th.

FyreWulff

I just want cool weapons.

GZRfZcR.gif

Remember when guns were unique and character filled instead of advertisements for gun manufacturers

Gorillaz

Games where who saw who is more important and you die very quickly in contrast to games where traversal, movement and weapon switching is more important (usually arena shooters).

Getting back on Uncharted 3 after a few months/year and I kind of get what your saying UC3 had a lot of problems when it came to traversal and it's shooting mechanics but Honestly it's still "good'. I felt at one point they were going for an arena style but let it go because CoD

It hurts that the shooter I loved the most this gen (CoD 4) for the most part is fucking up the game right now.

Tbh I don't know if they could even pull it off again with Titanfall.

That's a bummer of a post. I stopped checking HaloGAF regularly because so many posts there feel like that. The community's spirit is so broken and cynical.

I could write an essay about what went wrong with that game from the perspective of someone who loved Halo for very specific reasons.

Slayven

I had no urge to play Halo after Reach. And that was confirmed when I saw this.

Halo_5.jpg

Only way they win me back is if they have MC remove his helmet and reveal he is black.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Ever play Republic Commando? They had one gun, but it transformed into different shit. It was awesome

Hard Reset does that, but with one gun for physical ammo (bullets, rockets, etc) and one for energy ammo.

ihOs2jW390Rir.gif

yea halo's downfall hurt the most this gen

The downfall wasn't in the base game mechanics either. That game runs beautifully. It exemplifies how shitty multiplayer decisions revolving around implementing features from other games can complete FUCK the reason people play YOUR GAME not THAT OTHER GAME.

and then when the player population dies off when everybody decides to just go play that other game instead of the half-ass version, niggas look around like, "Gee, maybe our game just isn't popular anymore you guyz!"

Slayven

Hard Reset does that, but with one gun for physical ammo (bullets, rockets, etc) and one for energy ammo.

ihOs2jW390Rir.gif

Had my eye on that. Going to buy it next sale. Too me weapons changing is a more futuristic setting than aliens and robots. Star Trek Elite force had the characters carry their gear in belt worn transporters. So every time you switch guns it got beamed in and out. Love that shit.

J10

Banned
I could write an essay about what went wrong with that game from the perspective of someone who loved Halo for very specific reasons.

I've had my fill of those essays - wrote a couple myself. Everyone more or less agrees on what went wrong. The only thing left to do right now is see if Microsoft gives a shit.

Gorillaz

The downfall wasn't in the base game mechanics either. That game runs beautifully. It exemplifies how shitty multiplayer decisions revolving around implementing features from other games can complete FUCK the reason people play YOUR GAME not THAT OTHER GAME.

Lol

when I first heard about Reach being there last game and all, I laughed to m self about them using it as a practice mode for what Destiny could be, hence all the changes and stuff.

Wasn't on Gaf then but Halo 4 looked like it was going to be meh. When I first saw the whole setup of customized loadouts and "ordinance" drops early that summer/spring I knew it fell to cod. I think it was 343 trying be new and chase after the king at the same time. They ended up failing in both

Which is why I kind of put some faith into Respawn because for the most part they were the ones to start this craze, and with TF seem to be putting less emphasis on perks(hopefully) and more on traversal mechanics. Don't know if it will work well or not but I'm interested. Same with Destiny

BlackJace

Yeah, I'm pretty sure MS doesn't give a shit, they just want it out in time for the holidays. Doubly so if Titanfall takes off (and you know the press will do everything in its power for it to do so).

Slayven

Yeah, I'm pretty sure MS doesn't give a shit, they just want it out in time for the holidays. Doubly so if Titanfall takes off (and you know the press will do everything in its power for it to do so).

Something about Titanfall makes me suspect. And not because I am the only Heavy Gear fan left alive.

1218497-4090_heavy_gear_2__german_.jpg

I've had my fill of those essays - wrote a couple myself. Everyone more or less agrees on what went wrong. The only thing left to do right now is see if Microsoft gives a shit.

In all honesty I don't think they'll give a shit unless someone can eloquently prove, with statistics even, why the population numbers for Halo 4 dropped off. It would have to be someone on the inside though since various information on numbers, community polling and the like aren't available to anyone else. But I don't see that happening. The sad fact is though this was something parts of the community saw coming whether through their own posts or just generally dropping off the game. You also had lost profits since population numbers didn't sustain and buy as many maps.

harSon

Banned

Give me a break dude. Everyone who has played the game has had nothing but good things to say about it. It's not some conspiracy on the part of EA, Microsoft and the media to manufacture the next Call of Duty.

Fuck this noise I just want a proper Omega Boost sequel.

Or metal wolf chaos on ps3.......

I'm going back to play one piece, drink heavily since my wife is gone and possibly watch Gallowalkers.

And eat boudin.

BlackJace

Give me a break dude. Everyone who has played the game has had nothing but good things to say about it. It's not some conspiracy on the part of EA, Microsoft and the media to manufacture the next Call of Duty.

Woah, I never said Titanfall looks bad, the game just has a massive amount of press hype behind it that's all :/

When the PC version drops I'm in.

Onemic

Calling it right now, Titanfall won't even be close to as good as what the press has been hyping it up as. It looks suspect as hell.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
At least they are only using one font for the Titanfall UI this time around. But it's still too damn busy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom