• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT5| A Nation of Drakes Can't Hold Us Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

anyone ever just...not want look for work immediately after losing a job (my company closed down recently). I kinda have this weird guilt over the fact that I don't want to immediately run right out and find another job. I blame my American upbringing, lol.

I got enough money saved to cover the basics for the next couple months, so I kinda feel like just chilling for a few weeks before I go hard on the job search and unemployment checks. I'm also at the weird crossroads where I'm not 100% sure if I even want to stay in the same city, or even stay in the same industry, so I feel like I'd rather determine that for myself before I do a full on job search.

Plus, I kinda feel like no one's really gonna be hiring in December anyway.
also, where am I gonna find this much time to go through my game/TV show backlog?
Do you for a while, decompress. Everybody needs that shit.

harSon

Banned
Remind me to not make anymore jokes about Xbox One on Gaming side. The fans came out of the woodwork over that one. Now I got people implying I'm a fanboy and shiz when I just got done playing KIller Instinct with my boys for like 5 hours on Sunday lol.

How many of your best friends are Xbox fans?

Nakazato

drake tried to come back at kendrick.... he lost. Kendrick need to just come out with a drake diss and Ether him like Nas Did Jay-Z. All K dot needs to say is "Drake that kinda nigga" and its over.

I want to see K dot do a 50 on Drake's a career and make Drake as irrelevant as Fat Joe and Ja

harSon

Banned
drake tried to come back at kendrick.... he lost. Kendrick need to just come out with a drake diss and Ether him like Nas Did Jay-Z. All K dot needs to say is "Drake that kinda nigga" and its over.

I want to see K dot do a 50 on Drake's a career and make Drake as irrelevant as Fat Joe and Ja

Jay Z and Nas is a pretty good comparison for Kendrick and Drake, especially a decade from now.

That doesn't even count as a comeback. That's like a passive-aggressive "Shark Niggas".

Some soft ass people on gaming side. Can't even take a joke.

That was tame for so many to be up in arms about it. Truth hurts.
And I say this as a Vita owner.

Psych the musical is pretty damn good so far. Wendy's portobello bacon mushroom burger is pretty damn good.

Anyone watched Gallowalkers yet? Want to know what I'm getting into.

Remind me to not make anymore jokes about Xbox One on Gaming side. The fans came out of the woodwork over that one. Now I got people implying I'm a fanboy and shiz when I just got done playing KIller Instinct with my boys for like 5 hours on Sunday lol.

It was also a bad joke because it made no sense, hence people thought you were being serious.

Sir Drake is nothing if not honest

from the pages of Drake: NWtS : 4, and I quote:

I find peace knowin' that it's harder in the streets, I know
Luckily I didn't have to grow there I would only go there cause niggas that I know there

Drake just keeps it a 2013 kinda real...like hey look fellas, we can be young and successful and talk about this shit without being like, I don't know, about that life

feel me?

Can't be asking Nintendo to change shit up. They funding Bayonette 2, what financially unsound decisions have you made lately?

Around this time last year bought a Wii U.......then got rid of it 4 months ago, because I saw no games on the horizon that I would buy.

but dat 3D world

Expansion of this

324618-super-mario-3d-land.jpg

Call me when its a real 3D Mario.

Trey

Sir Drake is nothing if not honest

from the pages of Drake: NWtS : 4, and I quote:

Drake just keeps it a 2013 kinda real...like hey look fellas, we can be young and successful and talk about this shit without being like, I don't know, about that life

feel me?

Looks like he's trying to represent that life knowing that he doesn't have the credibility to back it up. Like, who is this dude really talking to with this line?

I remain unconvinced that he has the streets. Not that he needs to in order to be successful, and to his credit he kinda chilled on that "catch a body" rhetoric. Now he kinda just mentions the hood for the three or four heads who listen to him cuz they got some ass while his album played roughly on a cricket phone in the background.

DominoKid

drake got the streets, the club, the women, suburbia. everybody except hip hop heads (and even then he's got enough of them) who he doesn't even need.

Onemic

it was the best 3ds game for a long time.

Yup, I know having lived through that initial 3DS drought. Thing is, it's not really saying much due to the state of the 3DS back then as it was a total wasteland. 3D Land wasn't really that good when it came out. I feel that people only liked it because it was Mario and the game had the same sorta style as Galaxy(while playing nothing like it).

Way too easy, lazy level design, and the significance of the 3D toward the gameplay wasn't really that much.

The beats aren't interesting enough to warrant leaving five seconds of silence between every line. Everything about his music is boring to me.

WORST

FyreWulff

I'll always remember Sunshine as that one solid Mario game that wasn't very creative. The FLUDDless levels were the best part, so they took the base concept from those and made Galaxy out of it, which felt like that old Mario 64/Mario 3 feel of "what can we throw at the player next".

Sunshine was equivalent to Mario World, it was new, but never really got too creative or surprised you.

Onemic

I'll always remember Sunshine as that one solid Mario game that wasn't very creative. The FLUDDless levels were the best part, so they took the base concept from those and made Galaxy out of it, which felt like that old Mario 64/Mario 3 feel of "what can we throw at the player next".

Sunshine was equivalent to Mario World, it was new, but never really got too creative or surprised you.

I feel like I was one of the few people that loved Sunshine. Maybe it was because I never had a 64, so I never really got to experience SM64 past playing a few levels here and there.

Imm0rt4l

Batmans been my favorite superhero dc side since I was 5. Don't care what anyone says, and I'm not on the batworship tip at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom