• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT5| A Nation of Drakes Can't Hold Us Back

Status
Not open for further replies.
where do you compare these numbers at?

I was using this: http://www.areavibes.com/cost-of-living-calculator/

Not sure how accurate it is though, I just clicked on it after doing a cost of living google search. I was curious about where I would want to potentially live, since I kinda feel due for a change.

cdyhybrid said:
Bellevue is the uppity town across the water where all the Microsoft employees live. Seattle/suburbs is better to live in and not as expensive.

Haha, makes sense

edit: I wonder how accurate this site is, lol: http://www.blackbarber.net/

I was using this: http://www.areavibes.com/cost-of-living-calculator/

Not sure how accurate it is though, I just clicked on it after doing a cost of living google search. I was curious about where I would want to potentially live, since I kinda feel due for a change.

Doesn't seem very accurate. Flip the cities around and you get way different amounts. Put Dallas before Santa Monica and you get Santa Monica being 77.4% more expensive as opposed to the 43.6% less expensive you get when you put SaMo first and Dallas second.

Unless there's something I'm missing, it seems like it's pulling from entirely different cost tables made at completely different times depending on which city you list in which spot.

But generally, yes, major cities in Texas are way less expensive to live.

Edit: I'm probably just having a brain fart here, but I'll leave my mistake to self shame.

Second Edit: Yup, self shame deserved. The amounts depend on a base cost of 50k for whichever city you list first.

Bruhs, I've become more patient and have started to enjoy KZ:SF multi-player. I'll leave my bitching about COD inspired shooters for another time. Still need that Destiny/Uncharted combo NOW.

Yeah, the latest thread on gaming side made me facepalm - http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=736390

I've actually been working overtime the last few days helping our corporate comms deal with claims and such. No joke, in a lot of cases, the claims are false flags, and we can push to get those released by whatever bogus company was claiming.

However, some partners genuinely believe they should be able to use whatever the hell they want without consequence. Because they are part of a network. I want to slap idiots so hard when you explain that the "tracking ID" placed on their video, as a result of the soundtrack music they used in their
shitty
video, is not a strike on their account.

AND THEY REPLY WITH "I have the right to use this music because i am a Machinima partner"

GTFO of here!

how does it feel to work for THE MAN Esco? does that direct deposit every 2 weeks help you sleep at night!?

Slayven

how does it feel to work for THE MAN Esco? does that direct deposit every 2 weeks help you sleep at night!?

He walks into the Ubi offices like this.

81499115.gif

Nakazato

Anyone have a family member that abused alcohol and pain pills ?

I was wondering after they got clean if they had issues with behavior and mental capacity?

Trey

one day eSports will be taken as seriously as real sports. of course none of us will be alive to see that shit.

It'll happen sooner than we all think. Especially with the rise of concussions in contact sports, and the generation that grew up when games really hit the mainstream reaching baby making age.

Trey

Esports will need to grow up a lot.

True. Once the money gets big enough it'll happen regardless, whether stream monsters like it or not. As streaming gains viability relative to cable TV/live sports, the paradigm will change all the more rapidly.

I don't know why the big three don't get more actively involved in the competitive scene. It's growing every year.

Gorillaz

True. Once the money gets big enough it'll happen regardless, whether stream monsters like it or not. As streaming gains viability relative to cable TV/live sports, the paradigm will change all the more rapidly.

I don't know why the big three don't get more actively involved in the competitive scene. It's growing every year.
Sony is invested in the fighting community iirc. I don't kno if its evo but they fund one of the competitions

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Golf is about endurance in terms of physicality. Those long ass walks hauling your ass across the 18 holes of green in usually sunny weather. Fuck golf.

It takes stamina and patience I don't have.

Personally I think video games can be a sport, If it can become as organized and recognized. I read somewhere that LoL was bringing in million dollar pots or some shit. I know EVO grand finals rake in loot. From a monetary aspect a couple more years, solid sponsorship, more investments we will not get laughed at by ESPN. Hell StarCraft in Korea..... big damn business.

This happened to me last night.

EDIT: Slay is that Vigor.... Good shit.

Onemic

Personally I think video games can be a sport, If it can become as organized and recognized. I read somewhere that LoL was bringing in million dollar pots or some shit. I know EVO grand finals rake in loot. From a monetary aspect a couple more years, solid sponsorship, more investments we will not get laughed at by ESPN. Hell StarCraft in Korea..... big damn business.

This happened to me last night.

EDIT: Slay is that Vigor.... Good shit.

Naw, SF4 GF winner only got 5k.

Slayven

I like how black people are the only people you can talk mad shit about in the media and there is a good chance you can keep your job.

I like how black people are the only people you can talk mad shit about in the media and there is a good chance you can keep your job.

You can talk mad shit about women. If you're a woman you get bonus points too. I mean hell CNN basically played the "let's be sympathetic to rapists" card, "their futures doe?!!!!!"

Slayven

You can talk mad shit about women. If you're a woman you get bonus points too. I mean hell CNN basically played the "let's be sympathetic to rapists" card, "their futures doe?!!!!!"

Yeah my bad. Old white men love tellign women what to do with their varginas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom