• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT5| A Nation of Drakes Can't Hold Us Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Dude compared W101 to the Avengers in mass appeal.

HermanCainGrin.gif

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Dy I wish I could lol

1) film
2) military
3) IT

Till my knee is fully healed (Dr says major strain and sprain) take it easy on working out I hope by Q2. It will be all healed up then I'd be more than happy to just playing the waiting game now.
Just to reiterate, the medical exam to get in is pretttttty lenient and casual.

I probably shouldn't have got in myself but next year I'm going to be jumping out of perfectly good airplanes for a living.

I probably shouldn't have got in myself but next year I'm going to be jumping out of perfectly good airplanes for a living.

Jump School?

But this is the third post in my post drunken stopped. Gallowwalkers is one of the worst films I have seen in a while. Wesley did this movie in 2007 and it wasn't released until 2013. Its on Netflix. Its some zombie cursed cowboy thing that's a mish mash of random shit. You all should indulge in the shittiness with me.

harSon

Banned
Jump School?

But this is the third post in my post drunken stopped. Gallowwalkers is one of the worst films I have seen in a while. Wesley did this movie in 2007 and it wasn't released until 2013. Its on Netflix. Its some zombie cursed cowboy thing that's a mish mash of random shit. You all should indulge in the shittiness with me.

Yup, it had no redeeming qualities. They even lifted entire scenes from other movies. I remember in the beginning thinking to myself "this sure reminds me of the beginning of Once Upon a Time in the West," and then Wesley Snipes drops the "you brought X horses too many" and I just shook my head in disbelief.

The scene I'm talking about: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyuwBW9lNa8

Dereck

Yooo, I am a huge hoodie guy, hoodies is all I wear nowadays. I've noticed though that people give me odd looks at Walmart, Best Buy, McDonalds, Home Depot, Walgreens, I'M NOT GONNA SHOOT Y'ALL JUST CHILL IM A FUCKING NERD.

DominoKid

i'm not self-aware enough to notice those things. probably because i'm usually the one giving out odd looks in retail joints. especially Wal-marts.

I'm really sick again. Going back and forth between campuses to so I can get into a couple courses this semester. Only partially moved in at this point, and the internet is pretty crappy here.

Hoping to have a new/better internet set-up next week so we can record a new podcast.

BHZ Mayor

Yooo, I am a huge hoodie guy, hoodies is all I wear nowadays. I've noticed though that people give me odd looks at Walmart, Best Buy, McDonalds, Home Depot, Walgreens, I'M NOT GONNA SHOOT Y'ALL JUST CHILL IM A FUCKING NERD.

In this day and age, you should be more worried about people shooting you.

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
I think he means the whole copyright wars going on between youtube and youtube partners

Yeah, the latest thread on gaming side made me facepalm - http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=736390

I've actually been working overtime the last few days helping our corporate comms deal with claims and such. No joke, in a lot of cases, the claims are false flags, and we can push to get those released by whatever bogus company was claiming.

However, some partners genuinely believe they should be able to use whatever the hell they want without consequence. Because they are part of a network. I want to slap idiots so hard when you explain that the "tracking ID" placed on their video, as a result of the soundtrack music they used in their
shitty
video, is not a strike on their account.

AND THEY REPLY WITH "I have the right to use this music because i am a Machinima partner"

GTFO of here!

I'm also a hoodie guy, and I was oblivious to it all until my sister told me to put my hood down while shopping with her.

I asked her why, and she told me that a lot of the workers gave me second looks while I walked around texting. She was right, and I somehow didn't notice this whole time.

I kept my hoodie on. I just wanted some street passes...

I think he means the whole copyright wars going on between youtube and youtube partners

Yeah, the latest thread on gaming side made me facepalm - http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=736390

I've actually been working overtime the last few days helping our corporate comms deal with claims and such. No joke, in a lot of cases, the claims are false flags, and we can push to get those released by whatever bogus company was claiming.

However, some partners genuinely believe they should be able to use whatever the hell they want without consequence. Because they are part of a network. I want to slap idiots so hard when you explain that the "tracking ID" placed on their video, as a result of the soundtrack music they used in their
shitty

AND THEY REPLY WITH "I have the right to use this music because i am a Machinima partner"

GTFO of here!

Shit sounds like more trouble than it's worth.

Question for those who may live in a bigger cities. Is there such a thing a barbershop turf war? When I got home I see this flyer for a new shop on my door and it has all the bells and whistles. Pictures of styles, inspirational quote, facebook link, etc. It had everything except an address and a phone number.

I look closer and I see that someone marked over those details with a black marker. I looked at all my other neighbors flyers and they are the same way. I couldn't help but laugh at this situation. Either someone on the inside doesn't want this guy to succeed or there is someone following the person putting up these flyers.

We are not getting both sides of this story.

Does the hoodie say "Don't start none won't be none" in some urban based lettering?

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing

I've uploaded 280 vids to YT to date. Since all this Content ID stuff started, i've been hit with 4 claims in total, and disputed them all. I always went the extra mile to seek out permissions and buy licenses for music if required. Some partners treat YT like the Wild West, and are now paying the price.

Just cause you have the protections of a MCN, doesn't mean you can take whatever the hell you want and worry about it afterwards. Idiots.

Mind you, Content ID is not foolproof either, and needs serious work. And the MCNs are all greedy as hell and complicit in all of this. YT is extra broken.

Gorillaz

shitty

GTFO of here!

Yea it was a long time coming tbh. PewDiePie is untouched because of how high he is on the "youtube ladder" and everyone else is basically fucked. Youtube/Google and there passive-aggressive way of not really dealing with this and letting it fly by is what scares people the most. Google been fucking up Youtube for years tho, it's actually sad.

I don't know the full story from the dev side of things like Esco tho

Question for those who may live in a bigger cities. Is there such a thing a barbershop turf war? When I got home I see this flyer for a new shop on my door and it has all the bells and whistles. Pictures of styles, inspirational quote, facebook link, etc. It had everything except an address and a phone number.

I look closer and I see that someone marked over those details with a black marker. I looked at all my other neighbors flyers and they are the same way. I couldn't help but laugh at this situation. Either someone on the inside doesn't want this guy to succeed or there is someone following the person putting up these flyers.

We are not getting both sides of this story.

Does the hoodie say "Don't start none won't be none" in some urban based lettering?

Yes you haven't about the enchanted guilds of le barberdom. That EGOLB is serious buisness. We only speak of them in hushed tones. At midnights on the fifth Thursday of every 8th month they meet for the "Culling of the Lochs" a tradition that was passed down uncle to nephew on the third Sunday of every 8th year. They walk through every MLK street and hand clippers to every child the deem worthy of passing on advisement and selling of wares for cheap prices. They started with the small things, bootlegging of beverages in the 20's and now bootlegging of anything that can be bootlegged. And they pray to the patron saint, St. Wahl. But the ones who blacked out those numbers maybe of a different sect. I have heard rumblings of those who worship the teachings of St. Oster......

Or they could just be ratchet as fuck trying to do dirty buisness.

Furyous

This new podcast with Mero and Desus is funny. http://t.co/NFPCophXvY

Desus and Mero are twitter personalities that come with grade A slander. This dude said he doesn't listen to anyone rappers that scored 1000 on they SAT. That J. Cole bed, bath, and beyond slander on the ground crying with laughter.

Kanye look like he trying to get on that L Ron Hubbard level.

In 2035 young folks gonna be knocking on your door like, "Excuse me, sir or madam. Do you a moment to hear about the teachings of Ye?"

DominoKid

that Yeezus stage setup is incredible.

Desus and Mero are twitter personalities that come with grade A slander. This dude said he doesn't listen to anyone rappers that scored 1000 on they SAT. That J. Cole bed, bath, and beyond slander on the ground crying with laughter.

Desus is funny as fuck. I didn't know he had a podcast.

Slayven

I've uploaded 280 vids to YT to date. Since all this Content ID stuff started, i've been hit with 4 claims in total, and disputed them all. I always went the extra mile to seek out permissions and buy licenses for music if required. Some partners treat YT like the Wild West, and are now paying the price.

Just cause you have the protections of a MCN, doesn't mean you can take whatever the hell you want and worry about it afterwards. Idiots.

Mind you, Content ID is not foolproof either, and needs serious work. And the MCNs are all greedy as hell and complicit in all of this. YT is extra broken.

Listen Esco I should be able to make bank by recording me playing AC, wearing a fedora, and making farting noises over it.

lol, I remember Desus from when I first started posting on okayplayer over 10 years ago. Dude was always funny as hell

Nakazato

I'm less worried about the physical and more worried about it not being 80-100% healed by boot camp

currently looking up cost of living comparisons between Texas (my home state) and other states like Washington and California...

banderas.gif like a motherfucker. How the hell do you people survive, lol

cdyhybrid

currently looking up cost of living comparisons between Texas (my home state) and other states like Washington and California...

I drink a lot.

I still live in a small studio in a building occupied by mostly college students.

Of course, compared to a Texas or Florida the West and Northeast have terrible cost of living.

I drink a lot.

I still live in a small studio in a building occupied by mostly college students.

Dallas, TX is 39.6% less expensive to live in than San Francisco, CA.

You would need to make $30,189 in Dallas, TX compared to $50,000 in San Francisco, CA to maintain the same standard of living.

Tim Cook plz

Dallas, TX is 43.6% less expensive to live in than Santa Monica, CA.

You would need to make $28,192 in Dallas, TX compared to $50,000 in Santa Monica, CA to maintain the same standard of living.

Kotick plz

Dallas, TX is 30.6% less expensive to live in than Bellevue, WA.

You would need to make $34,709 in Dallas, TX compared to $50,000 in Bellevue, WA to maintain the same standard of living.

based Gaben plz

MWS Natural said:
Of course, compared to a Texas or Florida the West and Northeast have terrible cost of living.

Heh, I had always kinda knew about it, but I decided to look more closely at those states since game developers are basically all in Texas, Cali, and Washington. Was worse than I thought.

That said, I really did like LA when I went to E3 earlier this year, so maybe it's "worth it". I dunno. Would definitely have to do some salary negotiation, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom