• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT5| A Nation of Drakes Can't Hold Us Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Personally I think video games can be a sport, If it can become as organized and recognized. I read somewhere that LoL was bringing in million dollar pots or some shit. I know EVO grand finals rake in loot. From a monetary aspect a couple more years, solid sponsorship, more investments we will not get laughed at by ESPN. Hell StarCraft in Korea..... big damn business.

This happened to me last night.

EDIT: Slay is that Vigor.... Good shit.

i dont fuck with raccoons. ive only seen them a handful of times in the city, and those times they are either bigger than large dogs, rolling at least 5 deep, or both. and have been incredibly territorial every time.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Took the FFXIV plunge. Will report back later. Glad I have a 30-day trial.

i dont fuck with raccoons. ive only seen them a handful of times in the city, and those times they are either bigger than large dogs, rolling at least 5 deep, or both. and have been incredibly territorial every time.

I've seen three huge ones run down the street at 3AM going 30MPH screaming like a pack of rabid zombies. Thankfully they were running away from where I was at. #nope

Imm0rt4l

ggs hypernima.

6 episodes deep into the shield season 1.

How come you didnt tell me how good the cheese was? You motherfuckers.

Sooo good. bish was right.

reilo

ggs hypernima.

6 episodes deep into the shield season 1.

How come you didnt tell me how good the cheese was? You motherfuckers.

Sooo good. bish was right.

I've been telling people for years. Season 1 is just the appetizer.

Season 4 is their "down" season and it makes other shows look like shit.

The crazy part? That crew exists in real life.
There's a Vic Mackey out there that stole from the Armenians.

Imm0rt4l

Brodys daughter Dana is annoying as shit

ggs, i had to take it to the motherland for that mirror match
Haha thats just what I said when u selected that stage. I had a moment of pause when you said use my main as I try my best not to play gouken even if im losing. Good on you for checking me with the anti airs and not letting me jump in free.

reilo

Of course after I spend 45 minutes creating my character, the damn servers go under maintenance. What's a good World to join?

I've been telling people for years. Season 1 is just the appetizer.

Season 4 is their "down" season and it makes other shows look like shit.

The crazy part? That crew exists in real life.
There's a Vic Mackey out there that stole from the Armenians.

Anyone who has lived in LA knows that jack shit happened to the majority of them.

Show was too real in some cases.

reilo

Anyone who has lived in LA knows that jack shit happened to the majority of them.

Show was too real in some cases.

The Wire was pretty damn real (Omar is a real dude), but The Shield is fucking real.

RubyFaith

Where you're from- Originally Texas but grew up in Germany, Netherlands and Kansas (lol)
Where you live- Afghanistan
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy- my wot
Do you know your roots- no
Your Age- 22
Favorite musical genre- Unsaturated
Your profession/major/career interest- Military
Your religious affiliation- Christian
Hobbies- Internet, writing

Where you're from- Originally Texas but grew up in Germany, Netherlands and Kansas (lol)
Your Age- 22

How did you go from Texas to Afghanist- oh, military?

ReiGun

Your Age- 22
Welcome!

Now, the question: KFC or Popeyes?

QmadXR5.png

Thirst game Super Sayain levels.

J10

Banned
I've never had Churches or Popeyes. KFC wins by default. Although, I can count the number of times I've had KFC on one hand. In NYC we have Kennedy Fried Chicken - they're owned by McDonalds I think. I've been eating at those since high school.

Your Age- 22

Welcome!

Aim_Ed

Your Age- 22

What's so lol about Kansas?

Also, welcome :p,
all of my childhood friends were Afghan.

Kreed

That Duck Dynasty thread..............I want to unleash an epic promo on some posters, but Im afraid I will ascend to heaven afterwards.

I see the dude with the Baltimore Orioles avatar has shown up on schedule. Now waiting for the guy with the Monster Dash avatar.

Question: Why does it seem like nobody ever praises The Last of Us for its gameplay?

Because it's a straight forward combat design cover shooter. Personally, I think it performs extremely well and it suits the game perfectly but there's a decent contingent of people who feel like platforming, puzzles, and hack and slash are better gameplay elements despite the fact that just like cover shooters, those style games are just as repetitive in terms of actions taken.

There's nothing wrong with any of these designs when they're done well but a lot of people have a nostalgia thing for the older styles. And that's fine in and of itself but it makes a lot of people downplay other designs.

Where it gets really funny to me, is when you have people praising games like The Walking Dead despite the gameplay being rather poor (there are much better point and click games) because they enjoyed the story but then the very next year they praise another game for it's gameplay over a game that probably has the best story told in a single game all gen.

That's not to say that Zelda isn't a great game or that it's invalid a choice for GOTY. Just that like anything else, people will use whatever justification is most convenient to support their feelings at the moment.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
That Duck Dynasty thread..............I want to unleash an epic promo on some posters, but Im afraid I will ascend to heaven afterwards.
Damn you for making me click that fucking circus clown carnival of a thread. People twisting freedom of speech into saying it means you don't have to suffer the consequences of what you say and dumb trolls popping out of the woodwork to pander to conservative baselines. I must have deleted at least three posts worth of content before just giving up. No way I would be able to say anything without getting banned.

It's just a shit thread.

I see the dude with the Baltimore Orioles avatar has shown up on schedule. Now waiting for the guy with the Monster Dash avatar.

There is some new blood in there that are taking it to the next level. Im letting others who aren't Likely to have a satch moment argue. But damn, if i could put my foot through the internet!

BHZ Mayor

Damn you for making me click that fucking circus clown carnival of a thread. People twisting freedom of speech into saying it means you don't have to suffer the consequences of what you say and dumb trolls popping out of the woodwork to pander to conservative baselines. I must have deleted at least three posts worth of content before just giving up. No way I would be able to say anything without getting banned.

It's just a shit thread.

There is some new blood in there that are taking it to the next level. Im letting others who aren't Likely to have a satch moment argue. But damn, if i could put my foot through the internet!

You know it's bad when even KHarvey is arguing against defenders.

You know it's bad when even KHarvey is arguing against defenders.

The thing that you guys are just incapable of seeing is that GLAAD are bullies. I could even say they are a terrorist group. They use their power to make people afraid to speak their minds. The man was speaking about the Bible in a magazine interview. He wasn't spouting off things on the streets. He wasn't saying gays should be hanged. He was saying things that most people agree with but have become afraid to say in our society. We have truly become like the story of Sodom and Gomorrah, where goodness is punished and sin is encouraged.

defcon1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom