• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT5| A Nation of Drakes Can't Hold Us Back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wynnebeck, sorry to hear about you grandfather.

Anyone else getting asked big favors from family you never speak to this holiday season? I got a cousin asking me to ferry her 3(or is it 4?) kids back and forth from my grandmother's place. My dad warned me it was coming since he was above me on the list of people she asked.

I'm getting a 24 hours notice and I think I would have to keep track of them when I'm down there. I was about to call her and say how ridiculous a request like that is at this point, but I just lied and said I had other people with me. I don't need to start something with folks I barely see.

J10

Banned
I'm a few episodes into Ultimate Spider-Man on Netflix and I was unprepared for how funny it is. The first time he meets Curt Connors and goes to shake his hand... I haven't laughed that hard in a long time.

U2dxRq2.jpg

The animation is terrible though.

Slayven

Flying out in a few hours. O_O.
Don't worry you are white.

I'm a few episodes into Ultimate Spider-Man on Netflix and I was unprepared for how funny it is. The first time he meets Curt Connors and goes to shake his hand... I haven't laughed that hard in a long time.

U2dxRq2.jpg

Hell yeah, people like to shit on it, but it is real. About as close as comic Spidey as any show has gotten.

Sorry to hear that bra, hang in there.

On a happier holiday note, ya'll negroes need to get up on THIS shit:

svFS4Q6l.jpg

Best holiday drink by far, I can't even go back to eggnog.

Best Holiday drink is whiskey. It's also the best drink for everyday consumption.

U2dxRq2.jpg

It's hilarious. Anytime him and Nova get together I die laughing.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE

U2dxRq2.jpg

Hmm... Maybe I should check that ou..

It's hilarious. Anytime him and Nova get together I die laughing.

Anytime him and Nova get together

Fuck him, fuck this show, fuck Jeph Loeb.

I actually did my senior speech in high school on Kwaanza. Being that I was one of 5 black girls in a private school class of 45 (and the only one from the hood), I felt that I had to represent whenever possible.

As a family, we've only done Kwaanza once, it was just the first day, and it was due to the efforts of my wonderful nephew.

I don't feel that I have to do it, but I'm glad it exists.

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing

U2dxRq2.jpg

I need some comic book animation to watch over the next few days so might check this out

Don't worry you are white.

Hell yeah, people like to shit on it, but it is real. About as close as comic Spidey as any show has gotten.

Your next sentence had better be "but I've never seen Spectacular Spider-Man."

EDIT: Also Ultimate is shitty childish humor. Huge Spider-Man fan. I tried.

Slayven

You seen Flashpoint yet?

Everyone should see Flashpoint.
Not enough of the Realest Batman and Joker every

Only bad thing about Ultimate Spider-Man is the forced team shit.
Real talk when they sue the monkey sound effect, shit makes me laugh everytime.

Man fuck the mall. Fuck people and fuck holiday shopping. Thank god I'm dresses for movement and I'm limber. I might go in on someone/group.
Walmart crazier

I have to go shopping after Christmas to get an airline cat carrier. Not looking forward to the traffic or mess.
The cat will nto be contained.
Sam's a good character in the show. Him and Spidey make a great team.
The GOTG ep was great.
Why do y'all even go into malls during BF/Christmas? We have technology now.
Sometimes niggas need washing powder. Some folks don't like washing asses here on Gaf, I am not one of them.

Slayven

Jay look like he forgot to jump in the Lazarus pit that morning.

Jay is " Did I drop the water bill off or not?"

Your next sentence had better be "but I've never seen Spectacular Spider-Man."

EDIT: Also Ultimate is shitty childish humor. Huge Spider-Man fan. I tried.

3 things that get me angry. People calling Static "Static Shock", people sayign Mandrin's rings are magic. and people trying to pull my Spidey card.

3 things that get me angry. People calling Static "Static Shock", people sayign Mandrin's rings are magic. and people trying to pull my Spidey card.

You think Ultimate is more true to the comics than Spectacular? Wowwww

Spectacular was good, but Eddie bro bro Brock got on my nerves. Plus the art was ugly.

Hmmmm... I liked the art well enough because it lends to the animation. That said, Ultimate does have nice animation and art style.

Slayven

Hmmmm... I liked the art well enough because it lends to the animation. That said, Ultimate does have nice animation and art style.

When it comes to the humor and snappy banter, hell yeah

So my wife got me a Nexus 7(32gb).

And feel like a champ that I didn't have to check anyone. But my wife did check this female at best buy. Shit made me proud.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

there are things that i like about spectacular. but i agree with slayven in one aspect that ultimate does something that spectacular didnt do. they played the aspect that he talks too damn much in costume. i can do without the teen titans cutaways, and i fucking hate new kid nova, but i can watch it despite that

there are things that i like about spectacular. but i agree with slayven in one aspect that ultimate does something that spectacular didnt do. they played the aspect that he talks too damn much in costume. i can do without the teen titans cutaways, and i fucking hate new kid nova, but i can watch it despite that

I can feel that.

Personally, I miss the more personal stories (I did see that White Tiger bit, though), but I'm not gonna hate for differing opinions.

either way, they were both better than that 90s Spider-Man show

Aaaand for a more unpopular opinion, while I thought Spider-Man TAS was just alright, I genuinely enjoyed Spider-Man Unlimited.

Slayven

I can feel that.

Personally, I miss the more personal stories (I did see that White Tiger bit, though), but I'm not gonna hate for differing opinions.

Aaaand for a more unpopular opinion, while I thought Spider-Man TAS was just alright, I genuinely enjoyed Spider-Man Unlimited.
SpidermanXLady Rat forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom