• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT5| A Nation of Drakes Can't Hold Us Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

DominoKid

The Boondocks ™ ‏@THE_BOONDOCKS 13m
There is NO new epsiode of the Boondocks tonight.....That is an OLD showing. It will be out sometime this year though.....#JustWaitOnIt

they kill me...

Order

The Boondocks ™ ‏@THE_BOONDOCKS 13m
There is NO new epsiode of the Boondocks tonight.....That is an OLD showing. It will be out sometime this year though.....#JustWaitOnIt

they kill me...
They said this month last time...fuck

AND DAT SPACE DANDY

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
im late on the new years feastivities, but hindsight is 20/20, and i realize mixing certain alcohols is a bad thing. fuck

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
ippo aka ippo da gawd

season 3 is
iP2Kq8oc32qaU.png

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
FTFY

But in all honesty, whats a "Space Dandy"?

a dandy in space

keep up

new space anime from the cowboy bebop dude

I missed the episode, so I'm watching on the west coast feed

is... is that the statue of libery with a ball gag in its mouth turned into a spaceship?

also I like the narrator so far

Same thing has been happening with Arrow since they announced they were adding the Flash. "How can there ever be a sense of danger anymore knowing the Flash is around!!??!" Uh, I'm pretty sure Barry isn't going to be just sitting by the phone, waiting for Ollie to call him. He'll have his own shit to do.

The flash is hilariously broken though.

Kingdom come flash literally patrolled his city 24/7 at lightspeed and there was no crime period.

In a world where things like that exist, there's not a whole lot of room for dudes who fight crime with bows and arrows and batarangs.

edit: shit, this isn't a comics thread *flees*

Kinda of funny when people talk about Speed feats, Barry somehow also gets credit for what Wally has done.

Well, since Barry got retconned into literally being the speed force, I guess that makes sense. *grumble*

But while we're on the topic, it's weird that as big as gotham is, there's really only Batman (and friends) keeping things in check there- and mostly doing a poor job of it against lunatics with silly gimmicks. Keystone meanwhile had as many as four or five flashes in it at the same goddamn time.

Pick three avengers at random to do the same job and it would be a crime free utopia in about 15 minutes.

Slayven

Well, since Barry got retconned into literally being the speed force, I guess that makes sense. *grumble*

But while we're on the topic, it's weird that as big as gotham is, there's really only Batman (and friends) keeping things in check there- and mostly doing a poor job of it against lunatics with silly gimmicks. Keystone meanwhile had as many as four or five flashes in it at the same goddamn time.

Pick three avengers at random to do the same job and it would be a crime free utopia in about 15 minutes.

Starfox, D-man, and The Living Lightening. Go

Starfox, D-man, and The Living Lightening. Go

Starfox is actually a pretty good pick. I could do it with literally just him.

Starfox is sitting on an assload of extraterrestrial technology. During his initial run with the avengers, Starfox linked up the vision and the avengers computer to the Eternals' sentient computer on Titan (I.S.A.A.C), making the vision vastly more intelligent, and the avengers themselves ridiculously more efficient in response to criminal threats. Recall that the Avengers at the time were responsible for patrolling the entire country (the west coast avengers did not yet exist, and in fact were a creation of the Avengers/I.S.A.A.C in the first place to improve their efficiency.) so "just gotham" would be crime free in about 30 seconds.

I believe that arc eventually ended with Vision/I.S.A.A.C actually having plans to turn the world into some kind of crime free paradise, but at the expense of free will or something, yadda yadda yadda.

D-Man and Living Lightning can sit back and drink coffee or something.

Slayven

Starfox is actually a pretty good pick. I could do it with literally just him.

Starfox is sitting on an assload of extraterrestrial technology. During his initial run with the avengers, Starfox linked up the vision and the avengers computer to the Eternals' sentient computer on Titan (I.S.A.A.C), making the vision vastly more intelligent, and the avengers themselves ridiculously more efficient in response to criminal threats. Recall that the Avengers at the time were responsible for patrolling the entire country (the west coast avengers did not yet exist, and in fact were a creation of the Avengers/I.S.A.A.C in the first place to improve their efficiency.) so "just gotham" would be crime free in about 30 seconds.

I believe that arc eventually ended with Vision/I.S.A.A.C actually having plans to turn the world into some kind of crime free paradise, but at the expense of free will or something, yadda yadda yadda.

D-Man and Living Lightning can sit back and drink coffee or something.

250px-SHEHULK006.jpg

ReiGun

The flash is hilariously broken though.

Kingdom come flash literally patrolled his city 24/7 at lightspeed and there was no crime period.

In a world where things like that exist, there's not a whole lot of room for dudes who fight crime with bows and arrows and batarangs.

edit: shit, this isn't a comics thread *flees*
TV Flash =! Comic Flash. Never has. Barry in this universe is going to be hundreds of miles away dealing with his own shit and personal life and still figuring out his powers. It's silly to suggest him simply existing is going to somehow break the entire Arrow universe. Hell, even in your example, he didn't leave Keystone until Supes came back and rounded up the posse. Certainly wasn't doing shit to, say, Batman.

Slayven

TV Flash =! Comic Flash. Never has. Barry in this universe is going to be hundreds of miles away dealing with his own shit and personal life and still figuring out his powers. It's silly to suggest him simply existing is going to somehow break the entire Arrow universe. Hell, even in your example, he didn't leave Keystone until Supes came back and rounded up the posse. Certainly wasn't doing shit to, say, Batman.

Plus Vibe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom