• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT5| A Nation of Drakes Can't Hold Us Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReiGun

Plus Vibe.

Someone's gotta shake things up.

irN5u9NjcyZgS.gif

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
what was the argument over?

"Censorship"

But it was funny because many people got up in arms about the inherent evils that censorship does to all things and blah blah blah. Many just have no idea on that front. The real argument was over the decision to make all the lolis wear more than thongs and spaghetti string tops.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Why are turn based strategy games so good?

X-Com and Civ steal my time, and I haven't even started that fire emblem yet

"Censorship"

But it was funny because many people got up in arms about the inherent evils that censorship does to all things and blah blah blah. Many just have no idea on that front. The real argument was over the decision to make all the lolis wear more than thongs and spaghetti string tops.

truth

Slayven

"Censorship"

SO you are for?

Gorillaz

lol

Also thanks to all you guys for helping me push through Mass Effect 1. Gameplay was meh but I respected it for what it was. Beat Mass 2 last night and enjoyed that a lot. Felt like thet were shooting from all cylinders on that one.

Start playing Mass 3 tonight which is apprently where things come crashing down. Enjoying the ride for what it is

DY_nasty

http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshh86t107wa0vXYn0wx

#weeklyrachetness

worst parenting omg

my mother would've hit me with an atomic elbow if i ever tried some shit like this...
lol

Also thanks to all you guys for helping me push through Mass Effect 1. Gameplay was meh but I respected it for what it was. Beat Mass 2 last night and enjoyed that a lot. Felt like thet were shooting from all cylinders on that one.

Start playing Mass 3 tonight which is apprently where things come crashing down. Enjoying the ride for what it is
Contrary to popular belief, the issues with Mass Effect 3 have nothing to do with the ending. Its still a great ride and from start to finish feels will be had. The gameplay is damn near perfect in 3 though. And if you've got the time, enjoy the best horde mode ever put together in the multiplayer. Probably the best MP experience of that year imo.

Gorillaz

depends devo which airport you flying out of?
Contrary to popular belief, the issues with Mass Effect 3 have nothing to do with the ending. Its still a great ride and from start to finish feels will be had. The gameplay is damn near perfect in 3 though. And if you've got the time, enjoy the best horde mode ever put together in the multiplayer. Probably the best MP experience of that year imo.
I got a jist of what happens, since everyone everywhere talked about it. Also hope the MP is still "alive". I find out later tonight

depends devo which airport you flying out of?

I got a jist of what happens, since everyone everywhere talked about it. Also hope the MP is still "alive". I find out later tonight

Yeah the mp is still alive and its one of the few regrets I had about trading it in. Makes me want to snatch it up though just to play that mp.

zero_suit

lol

How long does it take to beat the first two games?

DY_nasty

Watching 2013 Carrie omg

this is just too much

watching lady gaga's high school life jesus

Spinluck

"Censorship"

gaming side still going in over their heads i see.

http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshh86t107wa0vXYn0wx

#weeklyrachetness

worst parenting omg

my mother would've hit me with an atomic elbow if i ever tried some shit like this...

Uhhhhhhhhh

In the world of completely unnecessary remakes, Carrie 2013 gotta be right up there.

And talk about miscasting. Sissy Spacek is such a weird looking woman, a perfect fit for the kind of taunted socially awkward teenage weirdo Carrie is suppose to be. And for the remake, you get Chloë Grace Moretz...HIT-GIRL...who's every performance is the opposite this character

lol

DY_nasty

In the world of completely unnecessary remakes, Carrie 2013 gotta be right up there.

And talk about miscasting. Sissy Spacek is such a weird looking woman, a perfect fit for the kind of taunted socially awkward teenage weirdo Carrie is suppose to be. And for the remake, you get Chloë Grace Moretz...HIT-GIRL...who's every performance is the opposite this character

lol

It could've been good too.

You can tell it started off like a good idea in someone's head. Then its like P. Diddy got the script and just harlem world'd the shit.

Such a dumb phrase, almost as dumb as the ignoring racism is the only way to get past it post.

I'll snitch on anyone any day!

i always thought snitching only covered people involved in the crime...... and that's also the best time to snitch since you get to cut a deal and the other peeps do hard time!

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
I'm fine with remakes. Let Me In was good as well as the Evil Dead 2013. As long as the director and team put some spirit into it, then they're fine. I didn't see Carrie 2013, so no comment on that.

Dredd needed a new take, because the old movie fucking sucks. Lol. There was no remaking that shit.

DY_nasty

I thought Chloe did fine in Let Me In, so I was sure that the remake was going to be at least okay. Guess not. lol

It wasn't her fault.

Shit, I was straight up perplexed at their decision to give this other girl just as much if not more screentime. Chloe did fine.

Just dumb decisions... like having her act like Psychic Cartman when she's telekikilling. Its a terrible film because the director was terrible. Its really just that.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
New Dredd is amazing. That movie needs all of the love it can get.

FreeMufasa

That's why I love race threads on gaming side. In OT we get regular race threads so a lot of ppl have learnt to bite their lip or watch what they say. They don't get them threads on gaming so ppl just let loose. It's like what gaf would be like if moderation wasn't so strict. Interesting

New Dredd is amazing. That movie needs all of the love it can get.

I was genuinely upset with myself when I caught it on Netflix for totally missing out on it.

But Karl Urban has done me wrong before

pathfinder_2007.jpg

So I wasn't to hard on myself.

Plus the trailer didnt do a great job of selling the actual tone of the movie.

lol

For real and the chick who played as Carrie wasn't a good fit at all. I mean the girl herself was cute and really looked better than 2/3 of the chicks who ragged on her, it was just a mess. I watched that movie and all I could think about was "she's suppose to be the ugly/socially awkward one? You're telling me there isn't a single person in that school who befriended her...really?...REEEAALLLY?"

J10

Banned
That's why I love race threads on gaming side. In OT we get regular race threads so a lot of ppl have learnt to bite their lip or watch what they say. They don't get them threads on gaming so ppl just let loose. It's like what gaf would be like if moderation wasn't so strict. Interesting

I assume there are more children Gaming side, children who just don't know better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom