• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT5| A Nation of Drakes Can't Hold Us Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

DominoKid

Thought she was in her 20's lol

dude she was in the Street Fighter movie.
STREET3ming-na-chun-li-street-fighter.jpg

For real and the chick who played as Carrie wasn't a good fit at all. I mean the girl herself was cute and really looked better than 2/3 of the chicks who ragged on her, it was just a mess. I watched that movie and all I could think about was "she's suppose to be the ugly/socially awkward one? You're telling me there isn't a single person in that school who befriended her...really?...REEEAALLLY?"

That's what I'm saying. They could have gave her an unflattering hair style or some shit. She showed up like this and the casting guy was like, "Perfect! There's our shy ugly awkward teenager!"

Thought she was in her 20's lol

Just wait homie

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
For real and the chick who played as Carrie wasn't a good fit at all. I mean the girl herself was cute and really looked better than 2/3 of the chicks who ragged on her, it was just a mess. I watched that movie and all I could think about was "she's suppose to be the ugly/socially awkward one? You're telling me there isn't a single person in that school who befriended her...really?...REEEAALLLY?"

Its not in the trailers but she plays the role of the super diehard christain fanatic who keeps telling everyone that they're going to hell. They should've played it up more. Her mom was great. The director is truly awful though. Ruined every positive the movie started out with.

Julianne Moore is almost always the best part of even the shittiest movies. Heck, there was this one movie I forget the name, she was actually too good. Like, it wasn't that good of a movie otherwise, but considering how Moore is blowing the doors off the hinges constantly, everyone and everything else looks that much worse.

edit: Savage Grace, that was the name. She's so much better than every other damn thing in this film...I dare say she ruined the movie, lol

Slayven

On my second playthrough of Fire Emblem: A on hard and man its stil soooooo good.

I'm not the one who bought Hyperdimension Neptunia
iRCjZ47MwzQax.png
Corraltion is not causation.

http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshh86t107wa0vXYn0wx

#weeklyrachetness

worst parenting omg

my mother would've hit me with an atomic elbow if i ever tried some shit like this...

My momma would have wore my ass out, left me where I fell and finished her shopping.

I thought Chloe did fine in Let Me In, so I was sure that the remake was going to be at least okay. Guess not. lol
I can't look at her after seeing Gaffers talk about her

My boy told me Julianne Moore was the only good part of that film. While you were doing that I've been jumping rope. Jesus Christ that shit is brutal how the hell did I do this as a kid. Also for those who like RPGs that motherfucking shadowrun is solid. Its a pretty damn cool game. Now I need more suggestions for rts's and tower defense and RPGs for this nexus. Please tell me you guys know some.

cdyhybrid

My boy told me Julianne Moore was the only good part of that film. While you were doing that I've been jumping rope. Jesus Christ that shit is brutal how the hell did I do this as a kid. Also for those who like RPGs that motherfucking shadowrun is solid. Its a pretty damn cool game. Now I need more suggestions for rts's and tower defense and RPGs for this nexus. Please tell me you guys know some.

Dunno if Nexus has it, but I got Chrono Trigger on my Galaxy S4.

BlackJace

What even goes on in those kids' minds? Even on my worst days, I wouldn't have even dreamt of being that blatantly disrespectful. Would've caught a mean ring-fingered backhand.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Real Talk, I don't even know her or what's going on, but I'd be willing to bet that the only reason why that went down, is due to them emulating something they thought was okay.

Imm0rt4l

I know gaf is against beating kids, but that kid NEEDS his ass beat something fierce. Nigga said 'this bitch buggin out' and snatched his mom's wig. I feel like a old man yellin at clouds and I'm only 27.

Slayven

I know gaf is against beating kids, but that kid NEEDS his ass beat something fierce. Nigga said 'this bitch buggin out' and snatched his mom's wig. I feel like a old man yellin at clouds and I'm only 27.

Even you possessor of the Power Swoll, given to you by Swollactus from the Swollen Nebula wouldn't be that brash.

DY_nasty

Its videos like this that make me advocate child protective services

There are plenty of families on hard times that deserve to be families in spite of whatever hard times they come across. But colossal failures like that? No. You dropped the ball. Try again next year.

http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshh86t107wa0vXYn0wx

#weeklyrachetness

worst parenting omg

my mother would've hit me with an atomic elbow if i ever tried some shit like this...

Contrary to popular belief, the issues with Mass Effect 3 have nothing to do with the ending. Its still a great ride and from start to finish feels will be had. The gameplay is damn near perfect in 3 though. And if you've got the time, enjoy the best horde mode ever put together in the multiplayer. Probably the best MP experience of that year imo.

Hear, hear.

Slayven

Akuma-Raging-Demon.gif

That would be the last thing I see if I ever for a second thought about thinking about contemplating doing some ratchet shit that kid did.

You wouldn't see nothing, you will just wake up with Red Foxx, Bill Bellamy, Bernie Mack, and Richard Pryor standing over you talking about how you fucked up

Gorillaz

BIll Belamy took his talents to that centric...or TV1....one of the channels that doesn't get as much support as BET

It's so obscure that I can't find a good pic for it
How long does it take to beat the first two games?

12ish hours on ME1. Didn't honestly like gameplay until the last leg of it after I adjusted to it. I did like the characters and the "charm" it had. I sped through it.

ME2 took about 30ish? I didn't do every single thing like some sort of spaceship tracking mission but I did all the loyalty and recruitment ones including the DLC?(which came installed with the Mass trilogy pack)

edit: also I wish I would have known you had to literally upgrade everything on the ship in ME2 and have certain people lead the charge in the last fight just for your team to survive....I lost like 3 people due to some bullshit because the hull was attacked or they fucked up in THE LAST FIGHT

why

DY_nasty

I think my longest ME1 run was about 40 hours or so. But I hit damn near every planet available, hit every quest, and fleshed out all the character stuff. My average playthrough was about 20 hours. ME2 was different though... the game 'plays' faster but there's less to do. I'm still pissed at how they did a 180 on exploration but the gameplay changes that they made were worth it. Also, Tali and Garrus became awesome.

edit: ^lol

My last playthrough of 2 I was trying to get people killed intentionally.

Slayven

BIll Belamy took his talents to that centric...or TV1....one of the channels that doesn't get as much support as BET

It's so obscure that I can't find a good pic for it

12ish hours on ME1. Didn't honestly like gameplay until the last leg of it after I adjusted to it. I did like the characters and the "charm" it had. I sped through it.

ME2 took about 30ish? I didn't do every single thing like some sort of spaceship tracking mission but I did all the loyalty and recruitment ones including the DLC?(which came installed with the Mass trilogy pack)

edit: also I wish I would have known you had to literally upgrade everything on the ship in ME2 and have certain people lead the charge in the last fight just for your team to survive....I lost like 3 people due to some bullshit because the hull was attacked or they fucked up in THE LAST FIGHT

why
Vivica Fox is in that show, and Nick Nolte guest stars. Shit is sad.

Has Bill Bellamy made an appearance on the Arsenio Hall show yet

is that show even still on the air

bet that got that nigga right in-between the infomercial hours

Gorillaz

BCT what happened to vivica's career? Wasn't she fucking with 50 for awhile?

I think my longest ME1 run was about 40 hours or so. But I hit damn near every planet available, hit every quest, and fleshed out all the character stuff. My average playthrough was about 20 hours. ME2 was different though... the game 'plays' faster but there's less to do. I'm still pissed at how they did a 180 on exploration but the gameplay changes that they made were worth it. Also, Tali and Garrus became awesome.

edit: ^lol

My last playthrough of 2 I was trying to get people killed intentionally.
When I'm done with the trilogy I'm probably going to go back to 1 and do it all. Kind of upset now because after finishing it and moving to ME2 I really thought over it more and more and really liked it.

Yea I might just kill them all off too since they didn't shoot shit in the end.

Has Bill Bellamy made an appearance on the Arsenio Hall show yet

is that show even still on the air

bet that got that nigga right in-between the infomercial hours

Not even good enough to go head to head for the p90x infomercial or the repeat of The Today Show

smh

DY_nasty

BCT what happened to vivica's career? Wasn't she fucking with 50 for awhile?

She was hard to work with. And that's fine if you're a big draw or don't demand big money but.... yeah.

Edit: Also, there are a LOT of ways you can play certain situations in ME games. Sometimes starting out like a nice guy then going full renegade is the way to reach truly diabolic levels of assholery. Even in ME1, you could play Noveria about 5 different ways. Again, people going on about the "Its all full red/blue and nothing else" exaggerate a bit. Its there, but there's definitely wiggle room throughout each of the games.
BlackGAF go in, do we claim Rashida Jones?

Of course. Its not even One Drop. Quincy Jones' daughter could be adopted and she'd be black off principle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom