• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT5| A Nation of Drakes Can't Hold Us Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReiGun

It hurts but apply elsewhere as soon as you can. You don't suck, the gaming industry sucks. Sometimes you can hold on to the revolving door, sometimes you get spun out.
They said I wasn't working to the same level as the other interns, which I guess is true. I definitely made some mistakes in the first two weeks that set a poor precedent. But I can't help but be frustrated considering the shoddy training I received and the lack of communication.

Mostly though, it just sucks to be unemployed again after working so hard to find a job. I guess it's back to the want ads.

Kreed

FreeMufasa is either an amazing joke poster or an absolutely terrible person with awful decision making abilities

I bet the truth is somewhere in the middle. Seems like an average geezer with a talent for parody to me.

...although I'm not sure if one instance of unprotected sex is a fair representation of someone's decision making abilities. Everyone knows you shouldn't do it in the cold light of day, but thing's ain't always that straightforward. I've sat nervously waiting for STD test results a time or two in my life :(

Are we pretending he didn't just post in the thread this morning?

Nothing about FreeMufasa's life (Niggas In Japan stories and up) seems like a joke/trolling to me other than him knowing that his stories are pissing off "I hate slang/I hate my lonely life" GAF and him getting enjoyment from that.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air

Nothing about FreeMufasa's life (Niggas In Japan stories and up) seems like a joke/trolling to me other than him knowing that his stories are pissing off "I hate slang/I hate my lonely life" GAF and him getting enjoyment from that.

I thought that was the joke?

SmokyDave

Yes.

I don't think he makes stuff up, I think he turns the 'london slang spin' up to 11, and that is the joke part. Well, it gives me joke anyway.

The venom by the gaf majority would be unparalleled.

Reading that thread I'm like

janet-jackson-gif.gif

I don't know... 12 inch cock might be a wee exaggeration.

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
I will say, when i tested Gaikai a while back....it wasn't great. Hope they have really strengthened that service. Should be a real good thing if they have.

FyreWulff

and it aint even out in japan yet.

Looking forward to Playstation Now. Nintendo should take notes

Unfortunately the Gaikai stuff only works really well if you have the streaming server within decent range.

And in my opinion, Nintendo doesn't need to take notes re: Playstation Now. They just let you redownload your Wiiware stuff to your Wii U and you can just play your existing Wii U discs on the Wii U. No internet connection needed while playing the games. That's the way it should be.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Why didn't anyone tell me that you could get paid to be a professional troll?

O97vSgi.png

Trey

and it aint even out in japan yet.

Looking forward to Playstation Now. Nintendo should take notes

PSNow is streaming? Fuck all that.

Nintendo should do it right. Make an app that's basically Nintendo steam. Allow devices to download that and play games through it.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
Exactly, who are they targeting?
People who want to pretend they have a disposable income.

I was gonna tie off all my loose ends in August/September unless the Army either lets me keep my job without jumping out of perfectly good airplanes or letting me go into higher areas (which they never will because we're ridiculously over-strength because an entire generation of people getting promoted too quickly fucked up everything). I'm going to start looking at jobs right now, I'm hoping that I get picked up for some high-level civilian stuff but the big problem is that I just don't have a degree. I can't take time out to get one because my training certs would expire either. Its a catch22. So, unless I get really lucky I'll probably be in Hawaii going to school and picking up where I left off on my journalism/creative writing shit..
Aren't you doing intel work with the implication that it's being used by the MP? Do you want to do police work? Do you know any Feds? IIRC, you can do some desk work before you get the hours in for Quantico if you have a sponsor, especially if you have a good record and the right connections. There's a lot of competition, but it's worth a shot to ask.

I don't really know you, but I don't think you have the MOS or the deployment experience to swing a PMC, but if you have the skillset, you can make a lot of money in the process. They're not all like working for COBRA.

Otherwise I can't think of something that will get you a good paycheck without a degree right out of the military unless you have a trade skill or you're willing to learn one the hard way as a longshoreman or a roughneck.

ReiGun

Finally got home. Thanks for the kind words, y'all. I ain't even gonna trip. It sucks, but at least I have some experience, know the kinds of things I need to work on as far as office etiquette and work ethic, and I know what I don't what to deal with in a work environment. So it wasn't a total waste.

So instead of sitting around feeling sorry for myself, just gonna get back on my grind and find something better. Till then, stuck in the bucket with y'all.

In other news:

1551530_10153619640260012_910297195_n.jpg

This weather is disrespectful.

Kreed

I thought that was the joke?

That's different from using the term "joke poster". Joke posters around here are posters that have created a fake personality that isn't representative of themselves or their actual opinions and all their posts reflect this "joke character" that they play (Drinky Crow, Chinner, etc...). Because of this, you can never take anything they say seriously and have to assume everything they say is a joke/part of this character. FreeMufasa may know he's riling people up in the threads he makes but nothing he's posting makes me believe he's making stuff or saying things for the sole purpose of pissing people off.

Gorillaz

Finally got home. Thanks for the kind words, y'all. I ain't even gonna trip. It sucks, but at least I have some experience, know the kinds of things I need to work on as far as office etiquette and work ethic, and I know what I don't what to deal with in a work environment. So it wasn't a total waste.

So instead of sitting around feeling sorry for myself, just gonna get back on my grind and find something better. Till then, stuck in the bucket with y'all.

In other news:

1551530_10153619640260012_910297195_n.jpg

This weather is disrespectful.
Just wanted a reason to post this again after so long

tumblr_m140huTipb1qew6w7o1_500.gif

Also sorry bout that Reigun keep putting out resumes I"m sure something will hit in a week or so.

Just read the mufasa thread, even with some lingo I don't understand I followed it fine. Maybe the context is also not understood since it involved dancing in a club and getting laid.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Welp, back in the bucket guys. Zenimax just handed me my walking papers. I failed operation gaming celiphate.

I fucking suck. :/
With that attitude...yeah. Buck up and keep moving. You've got experience under your belt now, and assuming you didn't do anything stupid on the way out, references. Get that next one, and work on your own material during your off-hours. Success will come.

Speaking of that white people think they experience the most racism thread; do people really believe affirmative action really hurts white people chance's of gaining employment that much?

ReiGun

With that attitude...yeah. Buck up and keep moving. You've got experience under your belt now, and assuming you didn't do anything stupid on the way out, references. Get that next one, and work on your own material during your off-hours. Success will come.

I'm good, man (see my last post). Probably not gonna get much in the way of references - wasn't there long, and the leads apparently weren't happy with my work - but the HR manager did recommend me a place in the area (literally down the road from Zeni) so I'm going to check them out.

Not upset about it at all anymore. I'm sure I'll find something else before long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom