• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT5| A Nation of Drakes Can't Hold Us Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gorillaz

Wonder what the punishment is for sleeping with a black dude in north korea?

pretty sure rodman has eclipsed over getting "punished" for sleeping with one of there chicks

dude is kicking it with kim and training the team, he's almost close to untouchable

Slayven

pretty sure rodman has eclipsed over getting "punished" for sleeping with one of there chicks

dude is kicking it with kim and training the team, he's almost close to untouchable

BWbHmVS.jpg

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
So, fam, if you had a choice, would you purchase:

2010 Mercury Mariner - 20,311 mi - $17,994

or

2008 BMW X3 - 54,946 mi - $17,992

keep in mind that they're similarly equipped, and would be replacing a 2003 Explorer

??

Trey

Just caught up on some animated movies I missed in the past year.

Wreck It Ralph was great. Tangled was good. Brave was underwhelming.

Slayven

So, fam, if you had a choice, would you purchase:

2010 Mercury Mariner - 20,311 mi - $17,994

or

2008 BMW X3 - 54,946 mi - $17,992

keep in mind that they're similarly equipped, and would be replacing a 2003 Explorer

??

Mariner. X3 looks like something someone gets for a sweet 16

I still haven't seen Wreck it Ralph. Wasn't really interested from the trailers, and even all the hype didn't really sway me. I guess I could watch it now that it's hit the premium channels

I made the mistake of going into it thinking it was gonna be a movie about video games, when it's actually a movie with video game references. Once I got the latter, the movie became way more enjoyable.

harSon

Banned
Just caught up on some animated movies I missed in the past year.

Wreck It Ralph was great. Tangled was good. Brave was underwhelming.

For whatever reason, I can't bring myself to watch American animated films. I like them when I watch them, but I just don't go out of my way to watch them. I used to see all of them when my nephew was younger since I watched him, but that ended around the time of The Incredibles, and since then - I've only seen Pixar's films up to UP, the Princess and the Frog and Tangled since my Ex was addicted to that movie for some reason. That's a ton of quality animated films I've probably missed since 2004.

J10

Banned
I never said anything, but it always seems to be infused with some homophobic sentiment.

Fitting since gay issues are all the rage these days. It still comes from the same place, the less than/greater than mentality. Spend five minutes with those TeamLightSkin/DarkSkin hashtags on Twitter and tell me you don't wanna vomit.

BlackJace

Fitting since gay issues are all the rage these days. It still comes from the same place, the less than/greater than mentality. Spend five minutes with those TeamLightSkin/DarkSkin hashtags on Twitter and tell me you don't wanna vomit.

This can't be real.

harSon

Banned
Most of the lightskin/darkskin memes are nothing close to serious...

I don't mind too much, since its been thrown my way since I was young, but it's definitely kind of annoying. I can only stomach "stop acting light skinned" or "you're acting real light skinned right now" so many times :p Think I've experienced infinitely more shit for being mixed/light skinned from black people, than I have being black from any other group... as far as the more overt variety is concerned.

For every bit of lightskinned slander we endure we get them lightskinned compliments as well. Personally that's what I get. I get !ore of the he is one of the good ones more than anything....

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
For every bit of lightskinned slander we endure we get them lightskinned compliments as well. Personally that's what I get. I get !ore of the he is one of the good ones more than anything....

Exactly.

And it was waaaay worse last generation - and fucking traumatic before that.

Dereck

I still haven't seen Wreck it Ralph. Wasn't really interested from the trailers, and even all the hype didn't really sway me. I guess I could watch it now that it's hit the premium channels.
I saw shit like this as well as Tangled, the GAF hyped movies, found them both mediocre.

Gorillaz

Black Twitter is dangerous

could be a force for good

but most of the time it's a crabathon of who can out crab who, I'm not going to act like it ain't funny sometimes tho

Domino stole Reigun's job. That's messed up.

Keep at it Rei, I know a guy who was let go from QA and he landed a better job in the same field within a couple months.

harSon

Banned
And I always have to view this thread with images turned off in my browser while at work... ya'll always have me scrolling past ass after ass

ReiGun

Domino stole Reigun's job. That's messed up.
Too many of us were making it at once. Domino getting a job meant The Man had to take mine.

Keep at it Rei, I know a guy who was let go from QA and he landed a better job in the same field within a couple months.

Yeah. The HR guy recommended me another place in the area, so I'm gonna check them out.

Like I said, I'm not upset about it anymore; got over it on the trip home. The only thing I'll miss about the gig was the pay (having money again was so good), but with all the other shit I had to put up with I wasn't even sure it was worth it. I'm sure I'll be able to find something else before long, and hopefully it'll be a better environment.

ReiGun

xFzBiGH.png

Legendary trending topic. I hate to have been the poor BET intern that had to search through this shit for suitable questions.

U really told yo son "sorry no autographs" when he asked u to sign his permission slip for a field trip?

How does it feel to know that you are more acquainted with the smell of Chris Brown nuts than the face of your son? @DrayaFace: #AskDraya

@QB_Hitman: On the scale of Will Smith's pops to ash Ketchum mom, how absent have u been from ya son's life? @DrayaFace #AskDraya

Do you feed your son anything other than dry wall and t-shirts?

“@DrayaFace: Naysayers keep me fueled up.” Did u say Nay to being in your sons life?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom