• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT5| A Nation of Drakes Can't Hold Us Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
My best friend just dropped the news that I'm probably moving to Hawaii once I'm done with my contract in October.

On fucking facebook.

y u do this god

Konexed the fuck outta you. Have fun in Texas for another 3 years.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
You're moving to Hawaii in October?

Yes.

iskp8Z9ELxdyI.gif

I was gonna tie off all my loose ends in August/September unless the Army either lets me keep my job without jumping out of perfectly good airplanes or letting me go into higher areas (which they never will because we're ridiculously over-strength because an entire generation of people getting promoted too quickly fucked up everything). I'm going to start looking at jobs right now, I'm hoping that I get picked up for some high-level civilian stuff but the big problem is that I just don't have a degree. I can't take time out to get one because my training certs would expire either. Its a catch22. So, unless I get really lucky I'll probably be in Hawaii going to school and picking up where I left off on my journalism/creative writing shit.

But whyyyyy the fuck was it necessary to drop that on facebook? I hadn't even told my sister yet.
Worse places to live. I thought you liked it there?

Hope you're getting paid enough to afford it :p

God no. I hate Texas. I was -4 minus the windchill today. Its fucking Texas. Fuck everything here.

reilo

On the real though, must be nice to just pack up and move like that to Hawaii of all places. Congrats man.

I had a month long fight with the parents just for moving out of the house... at 23 years of age. Worse problems to have than overprotective and neurotic parents, I suppose.

Although, I do worry about you in Hawaii given your propensity to get hurt three times a quarter. I hear their healthcare sucks.

DY_nasty

On the real though, must be nice to just pack up and move like that to Hawaii of all places. Congrats man.

I had a month long fight with the parents just for moving out of the house... at 23 years of age. Worse problems to have than overprotective and neurotic parents, I suppose.

Although, I do worry about you in Hawaii given your propensity to get hurt three times a quarter. I hear their healthcare sucks.

You'd be proud of me. I'm still one of the go-to guys out here but I opted for a management role in our next (last) field thing. Unless something falls from the sky, I'm done man. Shit, I'm even getting my wisdom teeth pulled at the end of the month.
Naw, I was talking about Hawaii, haha.

I grew up there

Loved it when my friend took me out there. Honestly, I wouldn't even be considering it but they really argued a good case for me to make the jump. If it doesn't work out... well, shit, that's what I'm doing if nothing else I actually am planning for works out.

reilo

You'd be proud of me. I'm still one of the go-to guys out here but I opted for a management role in our next (last) field thing. Unless something falls from the sky, I'm done man. Shit, I'm even getting my wisdom teeth pulled at the end of the month.

Granted I don't know your day-to-day bullshit you go through, but after all of the years and shit you've been prove, I personally don't see what upside you have by staying in Texas, unless you get transferred somewhere legit, if that's even possible.

Its cold. My wife is out of town for a whole week for business. I'm off the next 2 days. Guess what I'm doing. It rhymes with brink doofed. Its me and six cats, alcohol, pizza and a ps3..…..

I'm typing this before the liquor kicks in. So I'm up all night on ps3. Who wants to play something. I got a few mp games lol.

DY_nasty

Granted I don't know your day-to-day bullshit you go through, but after all of the years and shit you've been prove, I personally don't see what upside you have by staying in Texas, unless you get transferred somewhere legit, if that's even possible.

Its definitely possible. With my credentials I can get just about any other job I want in the military at the same level that I'm at right now. I only want one of other job if I can't keep this one though - because I'm just too fucking good at it. I know that's being picky, but I think I earned that right after all that's happened since I've been here. So fuck it. They need me more than I need them no matter how I look at it. (And it took a lot of hours drinking alone to get to the point where I can say that without choking up and calling reenlistment).

reilo

Its definitely possible. With my credentials I can get just about any other job I want in the military at the same level that I'm at right now. I only want one of other job if I can't keep this one though - because I'm just too fucking good at it. I know that's being picky, but I think I earned that right after all that's happened since I've been here. So fuck it. They need me more than I need them no matter how I look at it. (And it took a lot of hours drinking alone to get to the point where I can say that without choking up and calling reenlistment).

Exact same shit I went through last year when I quit. "They need me more than I need them." Everytime I hang out with ex-coworkers and run into upper management at games?

"We miss you man, your knowledge and skills are sorely missed. We can't keep up."

"Tell me more, I had no idea!"

At a certain point, you have to do what you want. Don't settle.

Gorillaz

Rio I'll probably hop on some stuff with you tomorrow what you usually play?
We have school closures around here because it's going to be 20 degrees tomorrow :-/

my campus will be closed again tomorrow, people around here don't know what to do with themselves

especially those working in the offices lol

FyreWulff

None of it is emergency status, but 3-4 crowns are involved, plus an implant. (fuck getting a bridge). Rest of it is a couple of fillings being replaced.

Basically the fillings I got as a kid are failing or on their way, and he wants to fix some of them before I hit root canal status.

reilo

None of it is emergency status, but 3-4 crowns are involved, plus an implant. (fuck getting a bridge). Rest of it is a couple of fillings being replaced.

Basically the fillings I got as a kid are failing or on their way, and he wants to fix some of them before I hit root canal status.

I probably have something similar coming. I'm just too afraid (and no dental!) to go get checked up.

reilo

Yeah, I hadn't been into the dentist for regular care for the last.. 10 years. So I'm definitely paying for the long absence.

Dental is fucked anyway. When I was 16, the tooth I had a root canal done (poorly at that) needed some major work. Dentist wanted $2-3k to put a bridge in. I went to another dentist and got a crown instead. My parents didn't have money for that.

FyreWulff

Dental is fucked anyway. When I was 16, the tooth I had a root canal done (poorly at that) needed some major work. Dentist wanted $2-3k to put a bridge in. I went to another dentist and got a crown instead. My parents didn't have money for that.

Yeah, we were lucky and had a dental school available to us (Creighton Dental School, if anyone wants to look it up) which made a lot of our care affordable. Long appointments because they're teaching while working on you, but cheap. Even though we're all in a better situation now, my mom still takes my youngest brother there because the dentist in our neighborhood wanted something like 3k to do work (after insurance!), the dental school did it for 200$ after insurance.

I can't bring myself to finish Killzone. Too many sections are just not fun.

CoD took 4 hours, but Extinction is the shit.

BF4 has the best gameplay, but terrible characters.

Maybe its time for AC4 or NFS.

cdyhybrid

I can't bring myself to finish Killzone. Too many sections are just not fun.

CoD took 4 hours, but Extinction is the shit.

BF4 has the best gameplay, but terrible characters.

Maybe its time for AC4 or NFS.

BF4? Characters? Why are you playing Battlefield single player man?

Disney.

At least one minority on each show has had 5 or more lines. They also seem to stray from stereotypes more than other stations. BET is not a part of the study.

Really? That's extremely surprising. You said your kid watches Jessie, yes? What about the little black girl and the Indian kid?

Famous Jameis da gawd.

Is it just me or does it feel like everytime Jameis Winston gives a post game interview it sounds like he is about to lead folks through the underground railroad? Don't get me wrong I would follow because it somehow is motivational and inspiring but it just makes me laugh.

Trey

Is it just me or does it feel like everytime Jameis Winston gives a post game interview it sounds like he is about to lead folks through the underground railroad? Don't get me wrong I would follow because it somehow is motivational and inspiring but it just makes me laugh.

He's definitely going to be a minister somewhere after he hangs em up.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state

jameis.gif

..apparently not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom