• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT5| A Nation of Drakes Can't Hold Us Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
That's different from using the term "joke poster". Joke posters around here are posters that have created a fake personality that isn't representative of themselves or their actual opinions and all their posts reflect this "joke character" that they play (Drinky Crow, Chinner, etc...). Because of this, you can never take anything they say seriously and have to assume everything they say is a joke/part of this character. FreeMufasa may know he's riling people up in the threads he makes but nothing he's posting makes me believe he's making stuff or saying things for the sole purpose of pissing people off.

No I know this, what I mean was the way he wrote it up and just the fact he shared that story was to get on people's nerves. Like I knew he was in full heel mode when he went out of his way to say it was (CAP lock included) THERE problem. What was funny was how many people got out of pocket to tell him to write it again and the one douche who said thats why apple can't find a black person to put on their board. Racism is absurd in all its forms especially on the internet when you got to write it and press submit.

Speaking of that white people think they experience the most racism thread; do people really believe affirmative action really hurts white people chance's of gaining employment that much?

Some do yes. They really don't understand that the playing field isn't level for everyone nor the benefit of the doubt consistently given to white people over other minorities.

There should seriously be some sort of "adopt a black friend" effort where a white person in complete denial of the treatment of blacks is given a black buddy for the day (or week) in some racist ass town. Have them just get on the bus but not act like they're together, watch as the white person is all "hold on I need to get change" and sits on the seats while the black guy is told "no change, no admission" and practically thrown off. Or have them walk into a store together, watch as his black buddy gets followed while he can basically rip off whatever and walk right out. Or my absolute favorite since it's happened in my face: Get him seated at a table in a restaurant in view of his new friend and watch the service (or lack there of) provided to him. If he's still in denial by the end then he's a lost cause.

Some do yes. They really don't understand that the playing field isn't level for everyone nor the benefit of the doubt consistently given to white people over other minorities.

There should seriously be some sort of "adopt a black friend" effort where a white person in complete denial of the treatment of blacks is given a black buddy for the day (or week) in some racist ass town. Have them just get on the bus but not act like they're together, watch as the white person is all "hold on I need to get change" and sits on the seats while the black guy is told "no change, no admission" and practically thrown off. Or have them walk into a store together, watch as his black buddy gets followed while he can basically rip off whatever and walk right out. Or my absolute favorite since it's happened in my face: Get him seated at a table in a restaurant in view of his new friend and watch the service (or lack there of) provided to him. If he's still in denial by the end then he's a lost cause.

Me and the wife experience this shit all the time and laugh.

And read that FM. I was mad entertained. Easy as hell to follow.

harSon

Banned
Anyone have any experience with Kindle versions of text books? I'm about to cop one for this programming class and use it with my iPad. Thing's like a third of the price.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Anyone have any experience with Kindle versions of text books? I'm about to cop one for this programming class and use it with my iPad. Thing's like a third of the price.
I've done this once or twice and it's always worked out for me. Make sure you check with your instructor or on blackboard to make sure your class doesn't use some bullshit code or whatever to submit assignments, as if it does you will be forced to buy a new book at full price in order to do homework (thanks to textbook industry scam artist motherfuckers).

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=96216805#post96216805

fuck me if the mods didn't rein this one in by questioning the slower poster on their logic/reading skill.... still early though so who knows where it ends

I don't know about you but I'm perpetually amused by how much benefit of the doubt is given about this stuff, "most of it's probably not intentional." In all honesty the shit I hear from my friends about how they're treated at work or how many applications they send out, sure just coincidence after coincidence.

Slayven

I don't know about you but I'm perpetually amused by how much benefit of the doubt is given about this stuff, "most of it's probably not intentional." In all honesty the shit I hear from my friends about how they're treated at work or how many applications they send out, sure just coincidence after coincidence.

I waiting for a post just to say "maybe if they pull up their pants and get out of those rapcars".

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE

Racism is weird. Everybody knows it totally exists, but when you look at any specific situation, racism is never involved. You can know that it exists, but when you look for it, it turns into something else.

Don't_blink.jpg

Racism is quantum locked. It doesn't exist when it's being observed. The moment it is seen by any living creature, it freezes into a coincidence.

Pretty much.

It gets diminished to these abstract ideas.

Well if we see social circles diversify...

Think for a minute why certain social circles aren't diverse in the first place.

BKVhMbw.gif

Racism is weird. Everybody knows it totally exists, but when you look at any specific situation, racism is never involved. You can know that it exists, but when you look for it, it turns into something else.

Don't_blink.jpg

Racism is quantum locked. It doesn't exist when it's being observed. The moment it is seen by any living creature, it freezes into a coincidence.

You know what...yea. The moment you turn your back to it your ass is sent back 50-100 years.

Now I'm gonna being out and about looking for dudes to yell "DISCRIMINATE!".

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Its hard out there lol
Aren't you doing intel work with the implication that it's being used by the MP? Do you want to do police work? Do you know any Feds? IIRC, you can do some desk work before you get the hours in for Quantico if you have a sponsor, especially if you have a good record and the right connections. There's a lot of competition, but it's worth a shot to ask.

I don't really know you, but I don't think you have the MOS or the deployment experience to swing a PMC, but if you have the skillset, you can make a lot of money in the process. They're not all like working for COBRA.

Otherwise I can't think of something that will get you a good paycheck without a degree right out of the military unless you have a trade skill or you're willing to learn one the hard way as a longshoreman or a roughneck.
Sort of. I do have the OTJ training to swing contractor stuff but its not really what I'm looking for at the moment. Afghanistan is not the place to be with how we're pulling out so that really dries up the majority of the PMC jobs available to me. I'm sure I could land a sponsor, but looking for the perfect situation, like you've mentioned, is indeed pretty hard. I'm not stressing over it too much though. Like I said before, my worst case scenario is going back to school in Hawaii. I'd love to continue my line of work but if its not an option well... its not like the skills that I've learned won't come in handy as general tools in life.

Speaking of racism, why does the black pony(zebra) live in a grasshut away from the others? Is that the pony hood?

Zecora_id.png

And she talks in rhyme and…wait, lemme quote the wiki:

My Little Pony Friendship is Magic Wiki said:
Zecora is a female zebra who resides in a hut in the Everfree Forest and whose first appearance is in the episode Bridle Gossip. Initially believed to be an evil sorceress by the terrified populace of Ponyville, she later becomes friends with the ponies and frequently helps them out with her knowledge of magical ailments. She speaks with a strong African-esque accent, forming rhyming couplets with all her sentences.

So…yeah.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
Speaking of that white people think they experience the most racism thread; do people really believe affirmative action really hurts white people chance's of gaining employment that much?

It hurts them less than admitting to themselves that they have no employable skills.

Imm0rt4l

On the subject of mlp

This week I saw a list of top nsfw reddits and clicked on one called 'clopclop', thinking it had to do with moose knuckles or something.

I'll stick to gonewild.

On the subject of mlp

This week I saw a list of top nsfw reddits and clicked on one called 'clopclop', thinking it had to do with moose knuckles or something.

I'll stick to gonewild.

Have you gotten the chance to play any Reddit guys in SF or anything? Curious to know how good some of those players are compared to the gawds at Gamefaqs.

Slayven

On the subject of mlp

I'll stick to gonewild.

I feel bad for parents with little kids that google my little pony looking for stuff for them. Has to end like this.

ron-swanson-computer-throw-out-parks-and-rec.gif

Imm0rt4l

Have you gotten the chance to play any Reddit guys in SF or anything? Curious to know how good some of those players are compared to the gawds at Gamefaqs.
I havent but I should since I hate playing randoms who win by the skin of their teeth then bounce. I visit r/kappa regularly, but haven't even thought to find a sf specific subreddit.

I feel bad for parents with little kids that google my little pony looking for stuff for them. Has to end like this.

ron-swanson-computer-throw-out-parks-and-rec.gif
Word, best to not let them be aware of the show.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=96216805#post96216805

fuck me if the mods didn't rein this one in by questioning the slower poster on their logic/reading skill.... still early though so who knows where it ends

If it was up to me, Racism without Racists would be required reading in schools everywhere, lol.

There's a lot of folks that think something only involves race or is racist when someone says a slur or expresses some sort of active hate. People are completely oblivious to "boring" racism, like the stuff described in that post.

akira28

witch doctor pony, complete with Gruntilda rhyme scheme

nigga I done saw it all now

She bad tho. Every Zecora episode is some shit with the other ponies fucking up, and then they have to run run and ask the black girl who is like "Bitch, don't you know anything?" Then she fixes it and then goes back to her magical hut in the lonely segregated forest where wild things live...

That first episode though, actual white, blonde haired ponies catching the vapors over the sinister looking new zebra in town.

With that attitude...yeah. Buck up and keep moving. You've got experience under your belt now, and assuming you didn't do anything stupid on the way out, references. Get that next one, and work on your own material during your off-hours. Success will come.

This. had a layoff myself back in november. Lost a big client and there was nothing that could be done. small company and couldn't take the revenue hit.

Took a couple of weeks off to play with the baby, now i'm back to work (for the gub'mint) and feeling amazing.

just stay positive.

I don't see enough black toys out here and all we get is a rhyming zebra

speaking about black toys, almost every year, we get my little sister a Holiday Barbie. even though she's a teenager now, she still sort of expects it. last fall, i got it as soon as i saw them available and then called my mom and told her i got it so don't worry about trying to find one.

skip to Black Friday (actually, Thursday evening, damn, shit starts at 6PM Thursday now, wtf!?) and i'm out with the fam BF shopping. i'm standing in line to buy some of those $20 Virgin Mobile phones in Target. my sister runs up to me and she has a Holiday Barbie in her hands. she knows our mom didn't get one yet since she knows where the gifts at the house go and that isn't something that gets hidden away anyway.

so there she is out of breath staring at me and she is like "look! i got one!"

and i'm like "...ok"

so she's lik e"it's a holiday barbie, we have to get it" (gotta love how 'we' means 'you' in these situations)

i reply "don't worry about it" and do that hand motion and somehow she doesn't get the message.

the look of frustration on her face was so apparent... she is all "we HAVE to get it"

and i'm like "just relax, put it back"

so then she is angry or something and she shout/screams to the me in front of everyone else in the line "BUT ITS THE LAST BLACK ONE!!!"

there's an old white lady right behind me and i eye her out of the corner of my eye and... the looks... yo... if i were a light skinned brotha, my face woulda been red from the embarrassment!!! i quietly said "i got you one weeks ago" and then smh.

then my sis realized the scope of what just happened and she just jets off. then i just giggle loudly and shrug my shoulders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom