• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT5| A Nation of Drakes Can't Hold Us Back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finished an employment test earlier where I had to email some stuff by a certain time. I did email it to them on time, and it shows a valid timestamp in my sent folder...but I forgot that the email I sent from defaulted to my "non-professional" account. So uh, I hope they don't think I'm trying to get over on them or something.

Now I'm all paranoid, lol

harSon

Banned
Some of these people in my programming classes need to buy one less anime scroll and invest in some deodorant and soap. The smell is so freaking bad. I think the class is exclusively for programming courses, and since I'm taking night classes, I get to experience a culmination of a days worth of people who didn't get the memo that it ain't alright to walk around smelling like ass cheeks. It smells like arm pits, unwashed ass, ball sweat and mildew'd clothes... I'ma be begging for allergies and colds this quarter...

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Some of these people in my programming classes need to buy one less anime scroll and invest in some deodorant and soap. The smell is so freaking bad. I think the class is exclusively for programming courses, and since I'm taking night classes, I get to experience a culmination of a days worth of people who didn't get the memo that it ain't alright to walk around smelling like ass cheeks. It smells like arm pits, unwashed ass, ball sweat and mildew'd clothes... I'ma be begging for allergies and colds this quarter...

Are there any girls in your class? And if they are do they seem like the type to care about basic hygiene in regards to dating. Cause of the answer is no that's your problem in a nutshell.

I started up school after a stint of the deadend job and lack of purpose and my comp sci course has a lot of black people in it. Outnumbering Asians too.

harSon

Banned
Are there any girls in your class? And if they are do they seem like the type to care about basic hygiene in regards to dating. Cause of the answer is no that's your problem in a nutshell.

There's more than I thought there'd be, and with the exception of one, I wouldn't be surprised if they were contributing to the smell.

I started up school after a stint of the deadend job and lack of purpose and my comp sci course has a lot of black people in it. Outnumbering Asians too.

My class is pretty much Asian, Indian and African in that order. But then again, that's reflective of the school as a whole.

FreeMufasa

I went to an anime convention in London and nearly passed out from the smell. You could tell mans were there in the same clothes they slept in

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
I went to an anime convention in London and nearly passed out from the smell. You could tell mans were there in the same clothes they slept in

Was it MCM? I went to MCM once and vowed never again. Funny enough, the American cons i've been to have smelt much better.

FyreWulff

Already starting in 2014..

Someone hit my stepdad while he was driving his semi for work the other day. He was driving, someone in a truck came off the highway on the offramp, went right through the red, and slammed right into is rear tires. Hit him so hard they had to come out and replace the entire wheel assembly before they could get the truck moved.

Everyone is okay, but goddamn never get into truck driving. You're a fucking magnet for stupid drivers.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant

Convention smells violate

I didn't even want to shake hands with people when I went to this community college comic thing out here

Slayven

yeah that always sucks.

I dunno why people have to insist on "they fucked, they fucked, THEEEEEEEEEEY FUCCCCKED." Chill man dude's already upset.
You cat needs little cat aviators.
who would have guessed a watermelon themed mecha would be so ridiculous
And not piloted by a black person.
Convention smells violate

I didn't even want to shake hands with people when I went to this community college comic thing out here

I don't understand how people go around smelling like ass. Shit sometimes I shower twice a day in the summer because of that Georgia Slave Heat.

Kreed

I went with some friends to a comic-con here in Florida, which had different floors/rooms for different events. The whole place didn't smell bad, but when we got to the video game floor we didn't even make it out of the elevator.

ReiGun

Conventions are the only time I'm thankful I have an awful sense of smell. There's always that one guy or girl that gets a little too close and it's like "Yo..." but I'm good for the most part.

This mama spike meme got me rolling. Mostly because I can picture my mom saying all of those same quotes

And that picture really is ridiculous

screen-shot-2014-01-10-at-11-14-07-am.png

Conventions are the only time I'm thankful I have an awful sense of smell. There's always that one guy or girl that gets a little too close and it's like "Yo..." but I'm good for the most part.

Lol, I too have a nearly nonexistent sense of smell. I've not been to a convention yet, but soon!

harSon

Banned
We should all meet up at Dragoncon. And if people ask what we are cosplaying, say "post racial America".

I've been meaning to go to the Furry convention they have here in San Jose just to experience it. I've driven by a few times during the convention, and I think it'll be worth the 25 bucks just to experience the train wreck.

Slayven

I've been meaning to go to the Furry convention they have here in San Jose just to experience it. I've driven by a few times during the convention, and I think it'll be worth the 25 bucks just to experience the train wreck.

Talking about funk? I bet Furrysuit funk is next level.

Nakazato

Are you not telling us something HarSon ?

I'll probably still play if some RL friends want to do a few games, but I think I'm done with playing solo. Too much fuckery.

You need to play with GAF brah. Solo queue is never, was never, and will never be the way to play Dota. For the reasons you've already specified.

I only solo queue when everyone's in a game and I'm okay with getting smashed and not having anyone on my team speak English.

Went to Anime Weekend Atlanta to play Soul Calibur 4 and the funk was atrocious. But again some of the local tourneys that I used to frequent and host had some nasty smelling motherfuckers. I don't understand why people don't invest in deodarant and clean clothes.

And that mama spike thing looks too funny.

Smokey

The convention smell is a real thing?

Never been to one. I always assumed it was like a running joke or something that people didn't wipe their ass.

Smokey

Shitty hygiene + BO + plastic/vinyl on costumes = the worst.

Not an urban legend what so ever.

Well damn. I don't understand how you can not smell yourself if you are radiating like spoiled milk. I understand some people have bad BO but I mean.. Carry an emergency stick of Degree and a pocket towel for chin sweat?

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
when i went to e3 last year it was ok. then somewhere in the afternoon the smell started to seep in. i thought i was me since it was so strong, but it seems some fans nearby forgot to shower for a few days or something

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom