• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT5| A Nation of Drakes Can't Hold Us Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Village

I had a conversation with my brother, growing up together we developed similar interests video games. ( I promise this is going somewhere ). Anyways we both watch our fair share of the LP dudes on you tube, my brother watched or watched as the case may be PewdiePie. He informs me today that he had stopped witching the guy, actually for a few months now. I ask why, interested in what turned him off of the dudes video, I never had an interest but the guy is popular. So for... social analysis and curiosities sake I was interested if he had changed the formula at all.

So my brother says and I quote " Yeah, I stopped watching him because he keeps slinging the N word around in his video"

Not absorbing the statement in full I respond with a "Oh yeah i guess that would make someone stop" 2 minutes later. I finally understood what he said and looked confused on why that was even a thing.

Full disclaimer, my brother could be bullshitting me right now. However bullshit or not it brings me to my question.

So black Gaf, have you ever started watching a series, only to have the creator of said series start slinging terms and ideologies you weren't to cool with an stopped, on you tube? I does not have to be strictly race related, just something that didn't sit right with ya.

BdpIY0bCYAAInk9.jpg

Heh.

Slayven

Haha, don't you see that it's bigger than years and time?
are they saying it will save gaming?

I had a conversation with my brother, growing up together we developed similar interests video games. ( I promise this is going somewhere ). Anyways we both watch our fair share of the LP dudes on you tube, my brother watched or watched as the case may be PewdiePie. He informs me today that he had stopped witching the guy, actually for a few months now. I ask why, interested in what turned him off of the dudes video, I never had an interest but the guy is popular. So for... social analysis and curiosities sake I was interested if he had changed the formula at all.

So my brother says and I quote " Yeah, I stopped watching him because he keeps slinging the N word around in his video"

Not absorbing the statement in full I respond with a "Oh yeah i guess that would make someone stop" 2 minutes later. I finally understood what he said and looked confused on why that was even a thing.

Full disclaimer, my brother could be bullshitting me right now. However bullshit or not it brings me to my question.

So black Gaf, have you ever started watching a series, only to have the creator of said series start slinging terms and ideologies you weren't to cool with an stopped, on you tube?

Heh.
I want to know if this is true

"Ma'am, this guy bothering you?"

I was wondering who the couple on the left was til I saw the cross earrings and figured them for teen Cloak and Dagger

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
The new Ultimate. Cloak and Miles going to have to be explaining shit all the time.

I'm irritated the ultimate universe didn't get reset. but maybe they'll learn from past mistakes and not make it the edgy universe.

Slayven

"Ma'am, this guy bothering you?"

I was wondering who the couple on the left was til I saw the cross earrings and figured them for teen Cloak and Dagger

Comics first interracial non alien couple. Comics is getting a bit ethic lately. Obama's fictional America.

I'm irritated the ultimate universe didn't get reset. but maybe they'll learn from past mistakes and not make it the edgy universe.

I figured the line up of the Ultiamte FF would bother you more.

Village

Slayven the story is real the pewdiepie stuff in the story I am being told as real. I just used it as an jumping off point for the question, however My sister and her friend is confirming this, and did some goggling and found a couple of videos though the first one he seems rather apologetic about it.

So I'm not clear at the moment.

However this video description is interesting.
Jimmy Jam
And these comments are interesting.

I figured the line up of the Ultiamte FF would bother you more.
Whats going on in Ultimate FF

One day a falcon is going to save your life and you will be like "I was wrong".

I would be appreciative, he still gonna be lame though.

Enzom21

Slayven the story is real the pewdiepie stuff in the story I am being told as real. I just used it as an jumping off point for the question, however My sister and her friend is confirming this, and did some goggling and found a couple of videos though the first one he seems rather apologetic about it.

So I'm not clear at the moment.

However this video description is interesting.
Jimmy Jam
And these comments are interesting.
Reads just like a thread on GAF!
Gligorijevic Stefan said:
Who cares
Courtney Bukovitz said:
I don't see the big deal, to be honest. A black person says it and no one bats an eye, but a white person says it and everyone loses their fucking minds..
TimTam said:
Why yes. Yes he did. Isn't that good for him? What, are you offended? Well isn't that too fucking bad for you.

A shitload of white people complaining about not being able to say nigga free of consequence.

Slayven

I don't get it... they make it seem like they are being oppressed.
https://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10150149459848204

So they're not getting rid of the Ultimate universe? They're just starting over.. again?

Goes in the face of totally privilege. it is like having an all you can eat ice cream bar with every flavor in the world. Except fat free, no sugar, no gluten lime sherbert.

How can you enjoy your 3 scoops of scarlet johansson asscrack in a waffle cone, when you know you can't touch that melted soup of nasty shit?

More like restructuring.

Nakazato

I took the L for today by watching. "Zombie Ass" real tall I was thinking after the trailer a campy asian movie.... but this movie is fucking ass nothing in this movie is fucking redeemable... seriously FUCK THIS MOVIE

Slayven

I took the L for today by watching. "Zombie Ass" real tall I was thinking after the trailer a campy asian movie.... but this movie is fucking ass nothing in this movie is fucking redeemable... seriously FUCK THIS MOVIE

Is that the movie where zombies are created from shit? or cured by shit? I know shit is involved somehow.

Enzom21

Goes in the face of totally privilege. it is like having an all you can eat ice cream bar with every flavor in the world. Except fat free, no sugar, no gluten lime sherbert.

How can you enjoy your 3 scoops of scarlet johansson asscrack in a waffle cone, when you know you can't touch that melted soup of nasty shit?

More like restructuring.

Well they can have my nigga privilege... as long as they take all of the shit that comes with it.

How new is this pewdiepie shit? I might make a thread about it for privileged shits and giggles.

Since we're back to weekly rachetness... Take a look at this right here: http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshhE21Zv106in84a44U

Two things in this video. One is arguably the worst parent I've seen in my life. The other is how the other kid's focus, form, and poise is immaculate - old buddy switches stances from Sagat to a sizeup to Southpaw and right back like he was taught by a sage. Kid didn't know where the hands were coming from.
iXDjik6i6sIPy.png

All I saw was Tong Po from Kickboxer.....

And you mean to tell me I am the only one in here whose mother ever uttered the words "If you get in a fight and get your ass kicked you gonna get another one when you get home!" In my moms defense she was raised with 5 brothers.

FreeMufasa

Was it MCM? I went to MCM once and vowed never again. Funny enough, the American cons i've been to have smelt much better.

Yup at the excel. Me and my boy were playing a SF3 at one point and felt this incredible smell sorround us. Was a bunch of dudes in FF cactus cosplay who took of the head part. We left straight after that. My first and only time going to an anime convention

Village

Well they can have my nigga privilege... as long as they take all of the shit that comes with it.

How new is this pewdiepie shit? I might make a thread about it for privileged shits and giggles.

My siblings claim its been going on for months.

If you making a thread, you might wanna find a bunch of vids with him saying it in it. But that would require you to watch pewdiepie. May god have mercy on your soul.

Yea.... zombies came out a fucking out house. Parasites coming out anuses.... the was so much wrong with this movie. I'm surecme kaep and harson could make a better movie with no budget and a cell phone camera...

You were smart

Then dont watch Chanbara Beauty. Basically the film version of Oneechanbara.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
All I saw was Tong Po from Kickboxer.....

And you mean to tell me I am the only one in here whose mother ever uttered the words "If you get in a fight and get your ass kicked you gonna get another one when you get home!" In my moms defense she was raised with 5 brothers.

I think plenty of people got that talk.

I can't think of a time where my mom threw me into a fight kicking and screaming though.

How salty would Gaffers get if I bought a Kanye APC shirt and made a thread about it?

I don't think people would be salty so much as wondering/questining why you would throw your money away. I mean, it's your money and you can spend it how you want, but...c'mon man. Are you at least getting a night with Kim with that purchase?

I don't think people would be salty so much as wondering/questining why you would throw your money away. I mean, it's your money and you can spend it how you want, but...c'mon man. Are you at least getting a night with Kim with that purchase?

It's not throwing my money away if I actually wear it.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Was looking through pictures of Marvin Gaye for a presentation in one of my classes on music of the era, and I discovered this.

Jesse-Jackson-and-Marvin-Gaye-playing-basketball.jpg

Marvin playing basketball with Jesse Jackson. Marvin can even pull off short shorts. Jesse looks awkward as hell.

Was looking through pictures of Marvin Gaye for a presentation in one of my classes on music of the era, and I discovered this.

Jesse-Jackson-and-Marvin-Gaye-playing-basketball.jpg

Marvin playing basketball with Jesse Jackson. Marvin can even pull off short shorts. Jesse looks awkward as hell.

Marvin looking like one of them old school ballers at the court that be sticking hella defense.

Question..?

What the hell ever happened to Field Mob, Petey Pablo, Pastor Troy, and Bonecrusher?

Im sitting here in the closing hours of the job and got music playing and these cats came up. Nostalgia like a mother fucker. But in all seriousness what the hell happened?

Village

Question..?

What the hell ever happened to Field Mob, Petey Pablo, Pastor Troy, and Bonecrusher?

Im sitting here in the closing hours of the job and got music playing and these cats came up. Nostalgia like a mother fucker. But in all seriousness what the hell happened?

Thank you for reminding me that those dudes exist.

FreeMufasa

Question..?

Completely forgot petey existed...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom