• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT5| A Nation of Drakes Can't Hold Us Back

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found it even funnier how some cats tried to look down on people who didn't know who that was…it became funnier once you did learn what he was "famous" for.

So...

No one was home and I got back from the gym and mom just came back from church.

Me: "hey I'm way overdue for this, I'm going to move out. I can't live with these people(family members I live with that I avoid)"

Her: "Can't blame you, they do suck"

FreeMufasa

Preach.

If you can't handle 'no', then you definitely can't handle 'no, because'.

itdcMrP.jpg

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
The worst is when you don't even get a 'no' and you don't hear from them again because they just disappear into Neverland like Wendy with some Peter Pan looking douche.

So...

No one was home and I got back from the gym and mom just came back from church.

Me: "hey I'm way overdue for this, I'm going to move out. I can't live with these people(family members I live with that I avoid)"

Her: "Can't blame you, they do suck"

Good feels that someone has your back and understands.

Speaking on family issues, stepmom got suckered into renewing her comcast account. I would have tried to counsel her, but she already accepted the contract. All because her cable box fried. $160 is the cable bill that I pay for. Until then, I present her with my Roku Box and got her hip to Netflix. She was like a kid at Christmas. I'll feel bad for her when I give her the move out talk. Mostly because the bills she's gotta pay. But it ain't worth it for me. Gotta spread my wings and all that stuff

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I think that's good advice village. It's not usually something like "you wore the wrong cologne". Why double down on a situation that didn't work out when you can just let it go? There's not a secret you're missing, it just didn't work out. Best thing you can do is make general improvements and move on.

I only say this because I used to make the same mistake of latching onto asking "but why?" Nothing good ever comes from it.

ReiGun

I never considered asking for a reason when a girl turned me down. The awkwardness alone would be enough of a deterrent, never mind the answer.

I guess I figure I do enough psyching myself out and talking down to myself without inviting others to do it.

Village

Let me elaborate a bit

1) I am the number one proprietor of the sweet brown method of handling these things.

From my experience whens someone just stopped being in a relationship with you , out of nowehere. Its a them thing, sweet brown it move on.

I am behind this notion 100% if you ain't worth the explanation they ain't worth the time. Because any normal circumstances you either still be in the relationship or if there was an actual issue with you would be talking about this . And when it happened you already have the sense to why. I am not saying this is a 100% there are relationships where the person has messed up and the other person leaves. But even then , if you aren't worth the explanation they ain't worth the time.

Sweet Brown it.

However.

2) I am against the notion that because someone asks something , why something , they lack the mental fortitude to handle why. That is not only a generalization that is far to pervasive , a logical leap that would earn you gold medals. Not everyone asking why is some dude who gonna stalk you. Some people want to know why some people have the mental fortitude, they spent some time with you and wanna know where it went. And probably would get a bit more hurt for a lack on answer, they would eventually move on. But at least they would have some type of understanding.

Is everyone the person above, no. Some people are crazy and can't handle no for various reasons.

But there are bunch of not crazy people who kinda just wanna know. Who can handle these things, for various reasons. Some people are just understanding reasonable people, others like me have been though so much stuff before hand. That it has made me reasonable. The person who has experienced the proverbial " well it could be worse" the "worse". I am saying that as a dude who 100% supports the first part of my statement.

I also believe the deeper the relationship the more " why" becomes a more reasonable question, epically when lively hoods get involved children decades gone by and what not. But I assume you all ain't talking about some dude who walked out on his wife and kids after so many years of marriage and financial support with no explanation.

So my statement

While do i believe

" If you ain't worth the explanation, they ain't worth the time, Move on homie"

Don't perpetuate the notion that because one is interested they are to immature to handle what is actually going on. That is the silliest shit I EVER heard. That shit is situational.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I think you are severely overestimating people.

People who breakdown and spend months wandering the Sahara because of any kind of simple denial or rejection would spend even more time being a nomad after they return to ask 'why?'.

Its probably that kind of shit in the first place that you got turned down.

Slayven

People who breakdown and spend months wandering the Sahara because of any kind of simple denial or rejection would spend even more time being a nomad after they return to ask 'why?'.

Right, "why" usually quickly turns into "i can change" bargaining. Usually not a good look for anyone

Village

Right, "why" usually quickly turns into "i can change" bargaining. Usually not a good look for anyone

It could. I am just arguing that ain't everyone though.

I'm not saying everyone is capable of being reasonable.

I am some people are.

Wolverine pls.

You gotta keep a lock of her hair, let her know its real.

I never considered asking for a reason when a girl turned me down. The awkwardness alone would be enough of a deterrent, never mind the answer.

I guess I figure I do enough psyching myself out and talking down to myself without inviting others to do it.

Honestly I've never even cared enough to ask. If a girl said no, then I was like okay and went about my day.

Way too many women walking around to get hung up on some random chick telling me no. I got more important things to mull over like...money.

/shrug

I just marathoned Freaks and Geeks this past week. How the hell was Judd Apatow able to make an endearing hour long network show with flawed but likable characters and then be a part of Girls on HBO?

Everyone on Freaks and Geeks was a victim of circumstance (ie a bad home environment) and carried baggage because of it except for the Wiers whose problems stemmed from not knowing who they were (Lindsay) and just being a nerd (Sam).

I tried watching Undeclared but stopped after not laughing for 4 episodes.

ReiGun

Honestly I've never even cared enough to ask. If a girl said no, then I was like okay and went about my day.

Way too many women walking around to get hung up on some random chick telling me no. I got more important things to mull over like...money.

/shrug

Word.

Maybe I'm giving people too much credit, but I think most of us who have trouble with women know exactly why we do. Asking a girl "why?" just seems like a way to either give yourself n excuse to stop trying, or incite a conflict so you can say "Well, she was a bitch anyway."

Sometimes, she just not into you. No use mulling over it.

Kreed

All he did was draw sonic?

Not saying dude is even slightly important, just that I've never been in a situation where I go into a thread about x-person, and don't at least have some slight understanding of who the guy was with or without google. Whereas every mainstream rapper/celebrity thread on GAF, there is at least ONE poster who comes in going "who?", and you wonder where the hell they've been or why they couldn't just use google?

It could. I am just arguing that ain't everyone though.

I'm not saying everyone is capable of being reasonable.

I am some people are.

Wolverine pls.

You gotta keep a lock of her hair, let her know its real.

Is this conversation about asking why a girl ended a relationship with you or why you were rejected when hitting on a girl? If it's the latter, then I agree with everyone else that you should keep it moving. Unless you are getting rejected over and over and over, then get some female friends and ask them why. Sure some people can handle why, but what are you going to get from a first impression rejection that's even remotely helpful? Maybe if the reason was because "You had spinach in your teeth".

Nakazato

Stop hating on Lena

Hiw many more years yall think Pam Oliver has left on the sidelines?
Shes 53.. so not long...

Fun thing is my mom went to high school with her. Told mr she was a stuck up bitch... and the main reason she was like that is cause her father or husband was an officer in the air force... since the whole high school was basically military children or in my moms case spouses she was untouchable and could ruin shit for people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom