• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT5| A Nation of Drakes Can't Hold Us Back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Girls version of New York is less racially diverse than the lineup at the local country music station.

Kareem Abdul Jabar's article on Girls is spot on. The man tells no lies.

like the wrong side of the tracks effect that happens in areas surrounding usc

Did you hear USC wants to build a fence to make the campus look more attractive? Honestly since I moved to LA I've found the supposed bad parts are usually the best places to get food and meet people. If you know how to act people don't fuck with you.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Did you hear USC wants to build a fence to make the campus look more attractive? Honestly since I moved to LA I've found the supposed bad parts are usually the best places to get food and meet people. If you know how to act people don't fuck with you.

build a fence? theyre gonna do that now? that seems like a waste of time

Slayven

Girls version of New York is less racially diverse than the lineup at the local country music station.

Kareem Abdul Jabar's article on Girls is spot on. The man tells no lies.

Darius-Rucker-True-Believers-CountryMusicRocks.net_.jpg

The shock you feel when you first experience the abrupt transition from USC campus to hoodness is on the same level as the guy from the "Take On Me" video entering the animated world.

And there still might be two dudes trying to beat you down with a pipe when you switch over.

It really depends on the part of Brooklyn. When they went to that warehouse party in Season 1 there was a diverse crowd. Lena also worked with those Puerto Rican chicks in the first season.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Yeah man. It's dumb as fuck. I think the business around there stopped it though. They wanted a legit brick fence around the whole campus instead of the one they have now.

they aren't dumb enough to fuck over the businesses that have dealt with their expansion. I'd be interested to see what would happen if they tried though.

The shock you feel when you first experience the abrupt transition from USC campus to hoodness is on the same level as the guy from the "Take On Me" video entering the animated world.

And there still might be two dudes trying to beat you down with a pipe when you switch over.

it feels like that both ways. when I was a kid you knew when you stepped into USC territory. but now shit catches me off guard. I was leaving the downtown DMV two years ago, and this girl was wearing floral overalls and flip flops riding a Schwinn beach cruiser with a huge smile on her face. it was like looking into the portal of toontown at the end of who framed roger rabbit.

And The Walking Dead has had minorities on too.

The show takes place in Brooklyn Heights. More than 70% of the population there is white. It's not fucking Red Hook.

it feels like that both ways. when I was a kid you knew when you stepped into USC territory. but now shit catches me off guard. I was leaving the downtown DMV two years ago, and this girl was wearing floral overalls and flip flops riding a Schwinn beach cruiser with a huge smile on her face. it was like looking into the portal of toontown at the end of who framed roger rabbit.

Yeah man. USC ten years ago was so fucking dirty. The businesses have cleaned up the surrounding area. You have to go a few blocks now.

I think Walking dead is actually worst than girls on that account.

Man TWD was absolutely shit in that regard for the first couple of seasons. They made that one negro at a time an ironclad thing...and they ALWAYS ALWAYS got the dumbest cats who played up the stereotypes like crazy.

Slayven

Man TWD was absolutely shit in that regard for the first couple of seasons. They made that one negro at a time an ironclad thing...and they ALWAYS ALWAYS got the dumbest cats who played up the stereotypes like crazy.

All those white zombies? Have then not been to Atlanta and central Georgia?

30% is still pretty sizable for there to have been 1 speaking role for a non white actor in two seasons.

I think it's closer to 20%. I believe the actually number is 77 or 78 percent.

It's a weird place though. Go there and you'll understand. Like I said if it was Red Hook the complaints would be a lot more warranted.

I think it's closer to 20%. I believe the actually number is 77 or 78 percent.

It's a weird place though. Go there and you'll understand. Like I said if it was Red Hook the complaints would be a lot more warranted.

It could be worse for sure, it's still pretty bad. It's not like the show takes place on 1 block.

No idea how confrontational leads down bad paths so women go the path of least resistance. Empathy levels low. Wonder why success with women is shite. Huh.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air

Somebody called out Kirkland on it that he was making mostly stereotypical black male characters that couldn't live together at the same time and he admitted that he might of "subconsciously" been doing his black male characters dirty and made them all one dimensional. I think the TV show made it glaringly apparent as well to anyone with two eyes and anyone with sense would know that it could lead to a backfire against the show.
so kirkland made like a non Jamaican Rasterfari type dude who is highly competent, and kind of hinted he wouldn't kill him quickly..... Also their is another black nerd dude who also is alive at the same time so far. So in about 2 seasons the issue will be improved in theory but you got to wait on it

Slayven

Somebody called out Kirkland on it that he was making mostly stereotypical black male characters that couldn't live together at the same time and he admitted that he might of "subconsciously" been doing his black male characters dirty and made them all one dimensional. I think the TV show made it glaringly apparent as well to anyone with two eyes and anyone with sense would know that it could lead to a backfire against the show.
so kirkland made like a non Jamaican Rasterfari type dude who is highly competent, and kind of hinted he wouldn't kill him quickly..... Also their is another black nerd dude who also is alive at the same time so far. So in about 2 seasons the issue will be improved in theory but you got to wait on it
Kirk can write black characters, he did it great in Invincible.

Village

New Robocop looks so so bad.

To piggy back.

You wanna know what else look bad? OG robocop in context of the time it was released. Not saying this robocop is going to be good or bad. I am saying OG wasn't the prettiest movie.

The Red Pill

I think some of those guys have a neon sign over their head "the thirst is real" andt that does more damage than playing DOTA 2 for 6 hours a day.

That would implying Dota2 don't get you all the ladies.

harSon

Banned
I'm going to regret going to this convention next weekend. I convinced a few other friends to join in on the mistake though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom