• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT5| A Nation of Drakes Can't Hold Us Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReiGun

Facebook brings up the bitchmade in people.

I don't know when it happened, but Facebook suddenly became the most depressing social network out there. Nothing but relationship whining, school whining, job whining, and doom and gloom news posting.

harSon

Banned
the niners though? i hate the raiders as much as the next man, but the niners are cool. and thats coming from a pats fan

Do you live in the Bay Area? It makes a big difference, especially if you're not a fan of Bay Area teams. Raiders fans are definitely dicks, but I at least respect the fact that they're head over heels for their team year after year, regardless of whether they're good or not. They haven't been good in a decade, but their fans still wear that team on their sleeves. The 49ers, Giants, A's and Warriors' fans though? I almost thought those teams moved cities. Nobody claimed em until they started winning Lol. The thing I hate the most though, is the large block of Bay Area fans who are Raiders/Niners fans, or A's/Giants fans, depending on who has a better shot at winning the championship that year.

Sharks fans are pretty loyal though, but they're unfortunately from the Bay Area, and my hatred has grown enough to spill over into their camp.

DominoKid

I don't know when it happened, but Facebook suddenly became the most depressing social network out there. Nothing but relationship whining, school whining, job whining, and doom and gloom news posting.

all the fun is on Tumblr (and Instagram).

You got to listen to sports shows and am radio to hear the dog whistling.

the way the media talks about Luck makes me want to vomit.

harSon

Banned
I won't watch it. Ever.

Any specific reason? I'm a bit tired of the anti-Muslim/Arab propaganda in film, but the movie was decent enough outside of that. I don't know any behind the scenes stuff regarding the movie or story though.

I will probably catch it while my dad is in chemo this week or when I go home to LA. I haven't had time for shit since my dad is really sick and I have had my son.

I feel you on that. Cancer's tough :(

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
I just forced myself out of the house and went to my favorite pizza place and hopefully chat up my favorite waitress (not working tonight, meh) and I'm not even hungry.

But I'll be damned if I don't finish this $16 pizza.

Slay and FreeMufasa are taking shots for all of us.

It was the first time I'd ever be able to read the book, know and work with people involved in an event, and see a movie about it.

Movie felt really, really distant. My friend walked out.

A lot of the search and rescue guys have been shitting on it. One of my friends was a part of the R&S and yeah he wasn't happy about it.

reilo

all the fun is on Tumblr (and Instagram)./QUOTE]
Twitter is cool depending on your tolerance for 1. ratchetness and 2. occasional faux outrage and wannabe psychology.
Twitter, in my opinion, is the best social net because there's no "oh you followed me now I gotta read your dumb shit" because it's not a 'friends' orienteted network.

Don't want to see ratchetness and faux outrage? That's on you cause nobody made you follow that dude.

ReiGun

Twitter, in my opinion, is the best social net because there's no "oh you followed me now I gotta read your dumb shit" because it's not a 'friends' orienteted network.

Don't want to see ratchetness and faux outrage? That's on you cause nobody made you follow that dude.

Retweets, brah. People who are cool normally will retweet some shit and you'll just be like "....Well, alright then." For me, it's always people I know and am cool with irl too.

I don't mind though. That said, that unfollow button is powerful.

Nakazato

I want the Seahawks to win it all, just so their fans will shut the hell up about Super Bowl XL. After that, it goes Broncos (although the thought of a post Manning SB commercial onslaught makes me nauseous) > Patriots >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Having to go down on Honey Boo Boo's mom >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 49ers. I hate the Patriots as much as the next person, but Bay Area sports fans don't deserve shit. I wish them decades of underachievement and failure. Can't wait to see Bipolarbaugh, his midget headed squidward lookin' shitty QB and Boldin's short tempered ass fall short again. The Sharks choking again in the Playoffs will be icing on an already beautiful year of Bay Area underachievement.

welcome..... Brother

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
Retweets, brah. People who are cool normally will retweet some shit and you'll just be like "....Well, alright then." For me, it's always people I know and am cool with irl too.

I don't mind though. That said, that unfollow button is powerful.

Use tweetdeck. You can hide all sorts of shit easy.

ReiGun

Use tweetdeck. You can hide all sorts of shit easy.

I use plume and block stuff all the time. It's when I'm on the desktop site that I really see anything since you can't really block stuff.

It's not as much a problem nowadays; mostly just anime kids and peeps from college on my tl now.

Slayven

I use plume and block stuff all the time. It's when I'm on the desktop site that I really see anything since you can't really block stuff.

It's not as much a problem nowadays; mostly just anime kids and peeps from college on my tl now.

Sometimes i see a news headline and know shit will be wild on twitter.

harSon

Banned
Black folk getting tight over 12 Years a Slave not winning at the Golden Globes.

Twitter is cool depending on your tolerance for 1. ratchetness and 2. occasional faux outrage and wannabe psychology.

Slave/Servant roles used to be a lock in for black actors, but it seems like not that's not enough anymore

Slayven

Slave/Servant roles used to be a lock in for black actors, but it seems like not that's not enough anymore

Hey harSon, you ever watched the original Mandingo? I saw the trailer for it, just the trailer and shit made Django and 12 years a slave look like Disney movies.

reilo

I still remember that dude hating on 12 Years A Slave before it was released cause he saw a made-for-TV movie of the same story.

harSon

Banned
I can't even hate. The movie was pretty fucking good, and he was damned good in it. It was Chiwetel Ejiofor > Matthew McConaughey > Robert Redford > Idris Elba > Tom Hanks IMO, but McConaughey's performance was nothing to sneeze at, so good for him.

ReiGun

This is true. Definitely comes across that people thought it would/should win because it was about slavery. I'm curious to see how it will do at the Oscars.

Edit: And just like that, it wins best picture. lol

reilo

Did Wolf of Wall Street miss the Globe cutoff or something? Cause DiCaprio is getting no love.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom