• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT5| A Nation of Drakes Can't Hold Us Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

harSon

Banned
First movie directed by a black man to win Best Drama at the globes...lets see how the Oscars go in March

McQueen breaking them barriers. First black person to direct a Hollywood film about slavery (I both 100% understand why this is the case, and simultaneously can't believe it's true), and now this.

Slayven

SoilBreak

Banned
McQueen will always be GOAT for his roundtable a few years ago: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRf_xcHCkI8

Dude had them legit shook

Edgar Wright : ........I'm not steppin into that.
kWf9T.png

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Moris will crumble after watching Her and realizing who Scarlett Johannsen is.

Just finished the movie.

Cuffs coming out brehs...

So my friend's BF is a screenwriter. Right now on facebook we were chatting about the awards with some guy (one of his friends). Next thing I know the guy adds me. I google this person and he is a producer or commercial and some TV stuff.

Friendship accepted.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Do you live in the Bay Area? It makes a big difference, especially if you're not a fan of Bay Area teams. Raiders fans are definitely dicks, but I at least respect the fact that they're head over heels for their team year after year, regardless of whether they're good or not. They haven't been good in a decade, but their fans still wear that team on their sleeves. The 49ers, Giants, A's and Warriors' fans though? I almost thought those teams moved cities. Nobody claimed em until they started winning Lol. The thing I hate the most though, is the large block of Bay Area fans who are Raiders/Niners fans, or A's/Giants fans, depending on who has a better shot at winning the championship that year.

Sharks fans are pretty loyal though, but they're unfortunately from the Bay Area, and my hatred has grown enough to spill over into their camp.

ahh fairweather fans. i deal with that whenever the patriots get to the superb owl.

Trey

For the longest time I only had season 4 and 5 of the wire under my belt. Finally knocked out the other 3 seasons.

Fuck mcnulty, man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom