• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT5| A Nation of Drakes Can't Hold Us Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dereck

ibw2Rf9zSsZvmV.gif
LOL

Slayven

As BlackGAF's resident librarian, yes we do

I forgot you were a librarian. I thought the library game was hard to break into ? I thought the old lady mafia ran that shit. Kind of how you have to kiss Cree Summer's ring before you do any voice acting.

FyreWulff

I forgot you were a librarian. I thought the library game was hard to break into ? I thought the old lady mafia ran that shit. Kind of how you have to kiss Cree Summer's ring before you do any voice acting.

I worked at a library once. Old lady mafia is probably the best description I can think of at working at a library.

Kreed

The bi-racial actress, who most recently appeared in a reality series with twin sister Tia Mowry-Hardict, said she's been at the receiving end of racist comments after marrying a white man, Fox News correspondent Adam Housely in 2011, the Christian Post reported.

"I've never experienced so much hate ever in my life. I get called, 'White man's [expletive],' the new one, 'Back in the day, you cost $300 but now you're giving it to 'em for free,' " she said. "Stuff that, me as a person, could never even fathom. I can't even think of these words."

http://www.upi.com/blog/2014/01/12/Tamera-Mowry-tearfully-recounts-racist-encounters/7651389555788/

Sister Sister doesn't deserve this.

Man this 12 year old just told this old lady to suck his dick and mind her business, when she told him to pull up his pants. The game done changed cause if that was me growing up I would be picking up teeth off the floor.

Kreed

I didn't know she was famous enough to catch that kind of shade.

I could understand "some" shade for marrying a Fox News correspondent (unless she's a fan of their network/their message), but even then people should keep the negative opinions to themselves/let her marry who she wants.

Slayven

Man this 12 year old just told this old lady to suck his dick and mind her business, when she told him to pull up his pants. The game done changed cause if that was me growing up I would be picking up teeth off the floor.

I got tore up just thinking reckless shit, let alone saying it.

Gorillaz

For the longest time I only had season 4 and 5 of the wire under my belt. Finally knocked out in the other 3 seasons.

Fuck mcnulty, man
I get why people like season 4 but 3 imo was the highlight of the show. The politics along with the analogy of war in iraq and gang warfare over territory was impressive.

Also it was the rise Marlo

Kreed

I love how people who got beat are so in denial about how it's been proven to be an inefficient and damaging way of disciplining your kids.

I disagree about Corporal punishment being totally inefficient but way too many people "do it wrong" for it to be a recommended form of punishment and it's very easy to enter abuse territory, so I understand why people push other methods of discipline now. IMO you shouldn't be "beating" kids or entering territory where you could be accused of being abusive, or using corporal punishment past a certain age vs other forms of punishment once the child is more mature (taking away toys, phones, not allowing them to go out with friends, etc...).

Some little 8th grade shit beat up a teacher here a while back, I looked at the headline I'm like he's gotta be white, then I started imagining the smackdown my folks would've given me *shudders*

I don't think spanking is particularly effective, and don't plan to do it with my kids. I however don't consider it beating.

Essentially this. As I used to work in Sunday School, I've had to come up with different methods of discipline... Though sometimes the best form of discipline was to threaten to tell their parents, who would do the spanking themselves :/

Trey

I get why people like season 4 but 3 imo was the highlight of the show. The politics along with the analogy of war in iraq and gang warfare over territory was impressive.

Also it was the rise Marlo

All the seasons do their part and execute the theme they respectively carry pretty well. Season 2 and 3 taught me that I'm not going to always "get my way" with the show - it'll always be what it is and it'll be correct. There is no justice or karma, only life and the game.

It made me respect the show that much more.

I'm always amused at how prideful black people are about their parental guardians beating the hell out of them

I love how people who got beat are so in denial about how it's been proven to be an inefficient and damaging way of disciplining your kids.

It's a meme that being beat made you tough and respectful of your folks, and that's what kids today lack.

Most folks don't think of things that put their parents, and their childhood, in a bad light. Any questioning of the topic is seen as hostile; condescending at the least.

I'm always amused at how prideful black people are about their parental guardians beating the hell out of them

It worked for me and my siblings lol, but come on this kid is 12 years old telling someone's grandma to suck his dick, what makes matter even worse its a school day so either he is suspended or cutting classes. He might not deserve a literal beating but some discipline is in order.

Enzom21

It worked for me and my siblings lol, but come on this kid is 12 years old telling someone's grandma to suck his dick, what makes matter even worse its a school day so either he is suspended or cutting classes. He might not deserve a literal beating but some discipline is in order.

There is a good chance that kid received a good ass whooping or two from some authority figure but he more than likely has no home training.

I am sure all of us were taught to give people a certain level of respect through other forms of discipline that he is most likely not receiving. He's probably just getting his ass beat and not being taught any kind of sense.

JohnDoe

Banned
It's a meme that being beat made you tough and respectful of your folks, and that's what kids today lack.

Most folks don't think of things that put their parents, and their childhood, in a bad light. Any questioning of the topic is seen as hostile; condescending at the least.

dingdingding

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Congrats Dy.....think about the money....

Outkast 40 city tour..... YES PLEASE

Govenor ball tickets are $230. I'm willing to pay that but no way do I want to see 3 days of indie bands in a crowd of hipster just for a 20 minute set based around "Hey Ya"......It might be better to fly somewhere else to see it at that price.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Short version of a long story I'll tell later

My last nco, a Sgt, straight up cried during our last trip to the field. The one where I was catching bodies and getting sapped up by majors. She basically cried because someone told her she sucked at her job. They weren't even mean about it.

New big boss arrives as she tries to throw shade at me... Hate-sustenance fuels me

Slayven

Short version of a long story I'll tell later

My last nco, a Sgt, straight up cried during our last trip to the field. The one where I was catching bodies and getting sapped up by majors. She basically cried because someone told her she sucked at her job. They weren't even mean about it.

New big boss arrives as she tries to throw shade at me... Hate-sustenance fuels me

Did he tell you that you will be leaving in a itty bitty ditty bag?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom