• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT5| A Nation of Drakes Can't Hold Us Back

Status
Not open for further replies.
vXaV9vP.png

This is so descriptive hispanic people who are a shade too dark will also be picked up.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Reminds me of that 9/11 operator I called after getting mugged who asked me "were they Hispanic or Black?"

:/

I'll never understand someone that hate's their own city's sports teams

Late reply, but at least you don't live in DC. Cowboy fans everywhere. A team that's in your own division. But you live in DC. Texas in half a continent away. Why do you give them your praise? At least like Green Bay or something.

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
It's not too big of a jump. Vampire and nonconsensual imagery have gone hand in hand for a long time.

I don't watch many vampire flicks, or play many vampire based games, so this is not a link i've ever made....ever. That being said, i can kind of understand it. I guess.

The popular image of Dracula has been him seizing women and penetrating them for his own gain, often against their will. Its not a huge leap to make.

My main issue with the whole thing is that as soon as the shock value of whatever the fuck this is suppose to be goes off, where are you left with? Was has this scene really accomplished? Cuz 15 minutes later, you're gonna go right back to playing like you always were, doing cool Dracula shit and fighting mech warriors and getting XP points so you can buy upgrades and make your Blood Whip bloodier. You're not gonna be thinking, "Gee, Dracula is a terrible monster", its gonna be "Goddamn, Dracula is fuckin' awesome, look how he ripped those crusaders apart". Every once in awhile the game will chime in with these heavy-handed ham-fisted "serious moments" to say, "no this is bad you should feel bad about this character". And the other 90% of the game will be you not feeling bad or conflicted in the slightest.

Just another example of that discrepancy between narrative and gameplay.

The popular image of Dracula has been him seizing women and penetrating them for his own gain, often against their will. Its not a huge leap to make.

My main issue with the whole thing is that as soon as the shock value of whatever the fuck this is suppose to be goes off, where are you left with? Was has this scene really accomplished? Cuz 15 minutes later, you're gonna go right back to playing like you always were, doing cool Dracula shit and fighting mech warriors and getting XP points so you can buy upgrades and make your Blood Whip bloodier. You're not gonna be thinking, "Gee, Dracula is a terrible monster", its gonna be "Goddamn, Dracula is fuckin' awesome, look how he ripped those crusaders apart". Every once in awhile the game will chime in with these heavy-handed ham-fisted "serious moments" to say, "no this is bad you should feel bad about this character". And the other 90% of the game will be you not feeling bad or conflicted in the slightest.

Well put, I think some hiphop artists suffer from a very similar dilemma.

With his teeth right? Like i said, i've never given it much though beyond a thirst for blood. Makes sense though.

With his teeth. It's easily accessible imagery especially for the consistently prudish. Scary but not overt. When reading old literature or watching old movies there are so many allusions to adult behaviors rather than describing what actually happens or displaying them outright. That's why you have so many great old metaphors for fucking.

Also this is a great point. Games are quite terrible at moral dilemmas.

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
With his teeth. It's easily accessible imagery especially for the consistently prudish. Scary but not overt. When reading old literature or watching old movies there are so many allusions to adult behaviors rather than describing what actually happens or displaying them outright. That's why you have so many great old metaphors for fucking.

Thanks, got it

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Vamps always been about taking people and making them unwilling slaves for sustenance and sex. The bite thing is whatever, when in certain stories they walk up, say hello, make you do whatever(with words), and uaeenn know it. Their blood might as well be a rufee or something.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Yal remember the Juicy J Scholarship?

Thousands of women sent in twerk videos but didn't read the rules

The girl that won didn't even dance lmao

Trey

I don't get the credit card thread. I'm not even trying to be funny, I honestly don't know what's being argued.

The gist of it is financial solvency. A credit card is superior to a debit card because if you never carry a negative balance (making your credit card essentially a debit card), you'll rack up cash back amongst other rewards which are generally more lucrative than what you can get with a debit card.

Others are coming up with a variety of reasons why they prefer to not have - or can't have - a credit card.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Yal remember the Juicy J Scholarship?

Thousands of women sent in twerk videos but didn't read the rules

The girl that won didn't even dance lmao

just looked it up

this is one of those things where I'm tempted to make a thread just to watch the world burn

BlackJace

The gist of it is financial solvency. A credit card is superior to a debit card because if you never carry a negative balance (making your credit card essentially a debit card), you'll rack up cash back amongst other rewards which are generally more lucrative than what you can get with a debit card.

Others are coming up with a variety of reasons why they prefer to not have - or can't have - a credit card.

How people prefer to responsibly handle money.

That's it.

I see. I personally have no horse in that race (I do tend to use debit more), but never once would I deem myself inherently more responsible due to my use of it lol.

Slayven

The thread gaming side is full of semantics and a gross misunderstanding (as usual) of what censorship actually is and entails.

Those type of threads go like this first and second page are all outrage. 3rd page is where the conflicting outages start butting heads and than you get the hyperrational folks. Then it is downhill from there.

Those type of threads go like this first and second page are all outrage. 3rd page is where the conflicting outages start butting heads and than you get the hyperrational folks. Then it is downhill from there.

Some of these are downhill from the jump when it's low hanging fruit.

Slayven

So Angelus I start this game and the first mission has this chick performing oral sex on my character so I can have a vision while I orgasm. What the hell

You ever had one of those days with the best goddamn intentions and like that minute you set out the fucking driveway everything goes to shit?

I want to punch things repeatedly and without quarter right now.

So Angelus I start this game and the first mission has this chick performing oral sex on my character so I can have a vision while I orgasm. What the hell

That's only if you start with the Dragon faction. That's the most risque' thing in the game as far as I can remember.

Not everyone can create a gaming moment that's so good it forced Bish to get himself banned.

J10

Banned
Who cares about this wife beater? I never read the comics though.

That's the thing. Very few people actually care (right now). It's a bunch of non-readers harping on that one thing because they know literally nothing else about the character or his stories but they wanna post about him anyway. Fuckers could at lest go to Wikipedia and pretend to care about Ultron, but they don't even do that.

Slayven

That's the thing. Very few people actually care (right now). It's a bunch of non-readers harping on that one thing because they know literally nothing else about the character or his stories but they wanna post about him anyway. Fuckers could at lest go to Wikipedia and pretend to care about Ultron, but they don't even do that.

It's like people that still write Vick articles about him killing dogs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom