• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT5| A Nation of Drakes Can't Hold Us Back

Status
Not open for further replies.
The black couple would be discriminated against until they show white people that they are real humans and then the white people will save them.
Haha. Yep.

You can't sell a movie about a black couple who just happens to be black. You'll make more money if said couple is white. And if you are going for a black audience, you're just defeating the purpose of the argument.

There are a lot of movies that are made despite the possibility to make more money by being something else. I don't find that a particularly persuasive argument. I'm sure there were many people saying a film with a black lead wouldn't sell as much, but we have plenty of those (it's just always the same three guys).

Just got some great news.

My insurance company got back to me and they have decided I am at 0 fault for the accident I was in. I can still be sued by the guy but my premium won't be getting jacked and I can at least change insurance companies without hassle. I had a feeling it might go my way because the witness who saw it was a off duty cop who said I didn't run a red light, but you can never be sure.

The Raid 2 though...

nWaVbdQ.gif

Damn family it's been ages.

Had no internet for awhile, was catching up on anime...

Working hard is my classes: haven't been to school in like a year and a half.

Work is work(graveyard shift love it)...need more money(who doesn't right), hope to move out by spring or summer of next year.

Something's missing oh went back to have a mustache and low cut, I look more mature that way.

Gaming: playing Pokemon Y, then tackling Ni no Kuni, after then I don't know lol

Music: Been jamming/bump Indie Electronica/Funk

...I think that's it!

Back from the dead.

Just got a new job ya'll. #outofthebucket

fuck that old one to hell, I'm there still tryna dispute own of my old job's cheques.

Game testing for Elder Scrolls Online.

Just got some great news.

My insurance company got back to me and they have decided I am at 0 fault for the accident I was in. I can still be sued by the guy but my premium won't be getting jacked and I can at least change insurance companies without hassle. I had a feeling it might go my way because the witness who saw it was a off duty cop who said I didn't run a red light, but you can never be sure.

Damn. Looks like compared to that hell week/month we all endured as documented in that last thread we fucking doing good. And to everyone else I know I missed congratulations.

Now if my woman would not be listening to fucking Ja Rule on Pandora I would be alright.

Good as soon as I typed the above Pac came on...

Its gonna gonna be a good day.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
The Avengers is definitely in my top 10 superhero movies. I don't know why people have on it so much. Probably my definition of a perfect popcorn flick. I also enjoyed the original Transformers. These opinions would probably put me in the dog house with filmGAF.

Slayven

Damn family it's been ages.

Had no internet for awhile, was catching up on anime...

Working hard is my classes: haven't been to school in like a year and a half.

Work is work(graveyard shift love it)...need more money(who doesn't right), hope to move out by spring or summer of next year.

Something's missing oh went back to have a mustache and low cut, I look more mature that way.

Gaming: playing Pokemon Y, then tackling Ni no Kuni, after then I don't know lol

Music: Been jamming/bump Indie Electronica/Funk

...I think that's it!
Welcome back, tokuland ahs missed you.

The Avengers is definitely in my top 10 superhero movies. I don't know why people have on it so much. Probably my definition of a perfect popcorn flick. I also enjoyed the original Transformers. These opinions would probably put me in the dog house with filmGAF.

Avengers is the definite comicbook movie. Film-Gaf hats Marvel movies so much they champion the shit Fox puts out.

It's got a very cheap look to it, with the flat lighting, the TV show blocking, the set design.

Still pretty awesome tho, minus that terrible opening heist scene

Slayven

It's got a very cheap look to it, with the flat lighting, the TV show blocking, the set design.

Still pretty awesome tho, minus that terrible opening heist scene

Worse thing about the internet, everyone that reads Deadline think they are James Fricking Cameron.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Besides the bit about the heist I don't know what any of those mean JC. I thought this was a comic book movie not a biopic starring Daniel Day-Lewis.

Gorillaz

Just redboxed cod ghost

Apprently shit ain't worth the 60 let alone the 2 bucks for rental

Edit: avengers cinematography did feel TVish

That monitor thread in gaming is hilarious. Remember the food stamp thread in OT a while back where people were shitting on the poor for taking advantage of a glitch in the system? lol

cdyhybrid

Just redboxed cod ghost

Apprently shit ain't worth the 60 let alone the 2 bucks for rental

Maybe Activision finally Guitar Hero'd the CoD franchise. We'll have to see what the first CoD truly developed for the new consoles (instead of a last-gen port) is like, I guess.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
That monitor thread in gaming is hilarious. Remember the food stamp thread in OT a while back where people were shitting on the poor for taking advantage of a glitch in the system? lol
"No this is totally different, just totally completely different. Yeah. Did I mention taxation is theft?"

#saltmine2013

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Avengers is the definite comicbook movie. Film-Gaf hats Marvel movies so much they champion the shit Fox puts out.

because they put nolans movies on a pedestal, despite the many flaws in them

and how am i just noticing your avatar?

Kreed

I'm a marvel fanboy and fucking adored Avengers. Given the source material going in it was a nice representation of a formation of a team from people who like to run by themselves. And I love the whole "Loki is the reason for the Avengers" throwback. In a lot of comic iterations he is the reason they got together. Now for Jan, Hank, Pietro, Wanda, and Vision and I'll be set.

Slayven

I wish more people did that, the hypocrisy would power the USA for years.

Sad people can't see that.
because they put nolans movies on a pedestal, despite the many flaws in them

and how am i just noticing your avatar?

The Nolan films were great, but I feel like they were only good comic films. They were kind of embarrassed by the source. Marvel embraces the source and say fuck it we comics and #YOLO.

J10

Banned
The ones around here still shitting on Marvel and The Avengers are likely the ones who predicted it would bomb at the box office, that it would be critically panned, that it would be a piece of shit failure. Then when it outperformed their precious Dark Knight they were EXTRA salty. Real heads know the deal though.

The ones around here still shitting on Marvel and The Avengers are likely the ones who predicted it would bomb at the box office, that it would be critically panned, that it would be a piece of shit failure. Then when it outperformed their precious Dark Knight they were EXTRA salty. Real heads know the deal though.

Man, Avengers was so good. Especially with a hyped theater audience. The whole atmosphere was just amazing.

Slayven

I hate to be that nigga. But is it me but does the new Mario game the colors look faded and washed out? And the stage design boring?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom