• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT5| A Nation of Drakes Can't Hold Us Back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, I aint even gon front like I'm bout that life, I've never held a real gun before. Closet thing to it that old BB gun I got for X-mas waaaay back in the day

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I've shot a shotgun, hunting rifle, 9mm and a revolver before. But personally I am not big on guns, too much power in a trigger pull; don't see myself owning one ever.
This reminds me of the time one of my friends in the seventh grade showed us a picture of his newborn baby. That made me realize I wasn't a live tiger due to not getting it in during the seventh grade. That was a weird year especially after a friend brought an AK-47 to school and let me hold it for a few minutes.

Ahh.. I miss those Cleveland days.

In any event, kids take the fun away. At least that's what my married friends tell me.

I need a new white cougar to check for. These youngins are too ratchet. Their predecessors fell off due to drugs, liquor, or overexposure. Jennifer Aniston had a career resurgence after horrible bosses but I needs new actress to check for. I'm skincist so don't refer me to anyone that refuses to tan or use lotion.
Whoa. We need more storytime with Furyous.

Black history month podcast: devo talks about bbc.

It's just so wrong brehs. I hate you all.

my sister, you can be the podcast for BHM.

#flawlessvictory

C7ZphhC.gif

Nakazato

Man, I aint even gon front like I'm bout that life, I've never held a real gun before. Closet thing to it that old BB gun I got for X-mas waaaay back in the day

same. I likely never hold a real gun unless i have a military uni on.

Edit: I got a crazy Idea.... Will Wait till Feb muhahaha

Raise your hand if you've seen an AK before you were old enough to drink

I saw a nigga murdered right in front of me a couple of months after I graduated high school. He brought that shit on himself, though. He had an AK, but so did 10 other dudes that made him an his car Swiss cheese.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
I fired handguns before I could drink. Now, I've fired all sorts of rifles, handguns, and ar type rifles. Learned military shit and about explosives.

Thru work of course.

hwalker84

My toys minus the shotgun and optics on the Tavor and SCAR

971597_555338083120_1527951565_n.jpg

Magnum Research Baby Desert Eagle 2 (BE9413R) .40
Springfield Armory TRP PC9108LP .45
Smith and Wesson 386 XL Hunter
CZ-75 SP01 Tactical .9mm
Colt LE6940MPFDE w/ Aimpoint Pro
UpLula
StripLuLa
Howard Leight R-01526 Impact Sport Electronic Earmuff

Not shown. Mossberg 590A1 Tactical Tri-rail

1174836_559758659250_1592902871_n.jpg

Tavor SAR-21 (not shown: Eotech 512 is now on this rifle)

1524613_569423810210_1325528305_n.jpg

SCAR 17s (Not shown: Vortex Razor HD Gen II with Vortex quick detach mount)

Serious question time.

So my wife is expecting her third grandkid, and she was out with her daughter shopping for kids stuff. Well I happen to ask if her daughter though of a name. She said Jayce and I said alright but then she said something that caught !e by surprise. Is there gonna be a middle name. She said something along the lines of Thomas and my girl said "That baby is gonna be mixed, that name ain't black enough" I almost dropped the phone. But that poses a question. Can a name denote success? I mean in all seriousness.

Nakazato

Hey guys I want to join in on the fun.

...motherfucker.

Fight

Serious question time.

So my wife is expecting her third grandkid, and she was out with her daughter shopping for kids stuff. Well I happen to ask if her daughter though of a name. She said Jayce and I said alright but then she said something that caught !e by surprise. Is there gonna be a middle name. She said something along the lines of Thomas and my girl said "That baby is gonna be mixed, that name ain't black enough" I almost dropped the phone. But that poses a question. Can a name denote success? I mean in all seriousness.

Yes and no...

But you have a more of a chance of making it with a name that sounds white. Like my mom always said by the way she talks on the phone and her name when she walks in for an interview they always think she's white.

You didn't have that crazy ass LB that was bout that action for every knock at the door?

lol naw. I did have a homie that brought his parents pistol to elementary school to show off.

>.>

Also, as a Concealed Carry Permit Card-carrying dude, it's interesting to hear some of you have never held a gun. You should go to a local shooting range and rent a pistol, get yourself 50 bullets and go to town on some targets. Just for something to do. It's pretty damn fun. Just ask one of the range people to show you the ropes (how to be safe, how to aim properly). They're usually overjoyed to.

edit: shit, hwalker gonna make me post my collection.

Serious question time.

depends on who reads their job application

Serious question time.

A name can denote success in terms of calculating the amount of racist idiots that might come across her resume.

Serious question time.

Ya know, I think in the future the people in charge are just gonna have to be more accepting of "weird" names, especially with how diverse the workplace in America is and will only continue to be into the future.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Serious question time.

A name will absolutely get your future/resume tossed in all sorts of directions before it even makes it to the inbox. Someone actually said it here on GAF, but I don't see why you can't just give the kid a 'safe' (no tyrone, tyshawn, de'ante, latrell, lasha'porsha) name and tell the kid that they can change their name into whatever the hell inspires them later on. If they're raised with a strong enough cultural influence around and not just fuckery then it makes too much sense. And if they don't want to, cool. Let the kids decide for themselves when they can instead of letting them fight uphill because the parents wanted them to.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
wasn't there a study a while back proving that ? My mom purposely gave me and my bro non traditional black names.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom