• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT5| A Nation of Drakes Can't Hold Us Back

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys have no idea how may pictures I went through just to pick the right one. Her skin tone just changes in every picture. Oddly enough I think this one (it's one of the first ones on google) has the perfect complexion I was going for.

hwalker84

Serious question time.

So my wife is expecting her third grandkid, and she was out with her daughter shopping for kids stuff. Well I happen to ask if her daughter though of a name. She said Jayce and I said alright but then she said something that caught !e by surprise. Is there gonna be a middle name. She said something along the lines of Thomas and my girl said "That baby is gonna be mixed, that name ain't black enough" I almost dropped the phone. But that poses a question. Can a name denote success? I mean in all seriousness.

Names have been proven to directly affect your ability to obtain success. Freakonmics chapter 6.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Just want to say that everyone's choices so far seem.... fitting.

Except this needs to happen.

i9rfseDbUKKrF.jpg

Preciate the feedback. I have an extremely "safe" name and as crazy as it sounds I've seen it get me through doors. Personally I don't want to kid to have it any harder because I know how it is growing up mixed. Thankfully I had a solid family unit(strong mother, uncles, etc). And to be honest I'm looking forward to trying to be a mentor. My girl is excited and its rubbing off.

And the other thing....

rFhR6kV.jpg

All the weapon I need.

And y'all rocking them young chicks....

Furyous

My toys minus the shotgun and optics on the Tavor and SCAR

971597_555338083120_1527951565_n.jpg

Magnum Research Baby Desert Eagle 2 (BE9413R) .40
Springfield Armory TRP PC9108LP .45
Smith and Wesson 386 XL Hunter
CZ-75 SP01 Tactical .9mm
Colt LE6940MPFDE w/ Aimpoint Pro
UpLula
StripLuLa
Howard Leight R-01526 Impact Sport Electronic Earmuff

Not shown. Mossberg 590A1 Tactical Tri-rail

1174836_559758659250_1592902871_n.jpg

Tavor SAR-21 (not shown: Eotech 512 is now on this rifle)

1524613_569423810210_1325528305_n.jpg

SCAR 17s (Not shown: Vortex Razor HD Gen II with Vortex quick detach mount)

That looks like easily $6,000 worth of guns. I'm too lazy for all that. Give me a couple of machetes, some well placed shanks, a baby glock, and a Strykezone 380 in an ideal world for home protection from the thug monster zombie hooligan domestic terrorist secessionists.

I have no idea who she is but I'd holla and hopefully defile/pillage if allowed.

Bros, How would you tell a classmate that the venue they chose for their 21st birthday is a fucking shit hole? This dude is deadset on going to some BS place in Universal city walk instead of a proper place like Seven Grand in DTLA.

Bros, How would you tell a classmate that the venue they chose for their 21st birthday is a fucking shit hole? This dude is deadset on going to some BS place in Universal city walk instead of a proper place like Seven Grand in DTLA.

"Brah, that place is a shithole, I'm telling you"

Tell me it ain't Saddle Ranch man.. I mean Saddle Ranch at Citywalk isn't even the best Saddle Ranch in LA.

ReiGun

My name is white as fuck. That combined with my voice, and I'm sure I've surprised many people when I showed up for interviews and such.

"That place is a shithole. Don't go."

Of course, when one of my friends was unknowingly going to go to one of the most ratchet places in town for her birthday, me and my other friends were willing to not say anything just to see the fuckery. So idk.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

citywalk for their 21st? 12th birthday sure. i had a blast at wizards, but at 21? hell no

hwalker84

That looks like easily $6,000 worth of guns. I'm too lazy for all that. Give me a couple of machetes, some well placed shanks, a baby glock, and a Strykezone 380 in an ideal world for home protection from the thug monster zombie hooligan domestic terrorist secessionists.

The rifles alone are that amount. This is my hobby as much as my sneakers. I enjoy the range and honing my skills. I plan on doing local competitions in the next few years. They're to protect my home if needed but I don't conceal carry even though I have a CCW.

One of my middle names is Jefferson. After Thomas Jefferson. The only reason I am not named Thomas is because that was my mother's father's names and she hated that dude.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
I know right? I mean the fucking subway stops around 2 on the weekend right? It's not like any of us would have to drive.

it doesnt help that citywalk is fuckery city at a certain time. little assholes thinking theyre running shit was a problem last time i went after dark

Oh yeah and instead of Jr. I would rock the second. They see that on an app and all of a sudden I'm getting phone calls....

Edit. You cats need to look at older pages of this thread with the new avatars.....

That shit is hilarious.

RedSwirl

I do have to admit most of the time I make it into the interview the people up there express shock upon realizing I'm the person with the regular Anglo Saxon name on the resume.

it doesnt help that citywalk is fuckery city at a certain time. little assholes thinking theyre running shit was a problem last time i went after dark

Yep. It's on my list of places I don't like going to in LA. The list consist of Hollywood and Highland area and Citywalk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom