• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT5| A Nation of Drakes Can't Hold Us Back

Status
Not open for further replies.
goddamn, that's hella native american

The girls at work all like it.
G9mN7.png

They're all taken though.
Nnrno.png

When you're a public figure, there are rules. Here's one: A public personality can be black, talented, or arrogant, but he can't be any more than two of these traits at a time. It's why antics and soundbites from guys like Brett Favre, Johnny Football and Bryce Harper seem almost hyper-American, capable of capturing the country's imagination, but black superstars like Sherman, Floyd Mayweather, and Cam Newton are seen as polarizing, as selfish, as glory boys, as distasteful and perhaps offensive.
http://deadspin.com/richard-sherman-and-the-plight-of-the-conquering-negro-1505060117

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
hey comics people

I just got a marvel unlimited subscription, haven't read much sense mid-Fear Itself

what should I catch up on?

If Infinity's there, read that

Also Avengers and New Avengers (the most recent volumes)

Also Dan Slott's run on Spider-Man

And Scarlet Spider

I hear great things about the Marvel Now run of Captain America and Thor... also Remender's run on Venom...

EDIT: Older things... only hear good things about Spider-Man: Blue... (I have no clue what's on Marvel Unlimited, sorry)

Also read James Asmus's Gambit run

FyreWulff

People assume my mom is black until they see her, just off her name.

However, she gave me the whitest white name that ever whited, so people know what I am before they even hear the rest of my name

edit: palindrome get

People assume my mom is black until they see her, just off her name.

However, she gave me the whitest white name that ever whited, so people know what I am before they even hear the rest of my name

found you on twitter

omg you have the whitest name this side of Adam and Eve

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Did you win the Kenya 600? D:

My great, great grandfather was a black slave owner in NC as well.

I'm nothing like you people

(basically it was some weird partnership that set up a way for people to gradually pay themselves off as debt was transferred over. i think i spoke on this before here. it was always weird in elementary school hearing about slave owners and stuff)

My great, great grandfather was a black slave owner in NC as well.

I'm nothing like you people

(basically it was some weird partnership that set up a way for people to gradually pay themselves off as debt was transferred over. i think i spoke on this before here. it was always weird in elementary school hearing about slave owners and stuff)

My people were never slaves.

I'm nothing like you, selling out your own kind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom