• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT5| A Nation of Drakes Can't Hold Us Back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y'all some haters doe.

Let's see your asses.

I'm waiting...

Donkey3.JPG

Ya know, I think in the future the people in charge are just gonna have to be more accepting of "weird" names, especially with how diverse the workplace in America is and will only continue to be into the future.

They will have to. They will have no other choice.

Think on this: the most powerful woman in America, possibly, is named Oprah. Harpo backwards. And nobody on the RNC flinched about Condaleeza Rice's name.

Also, I think that Sherman article has a point. Black, talented, arrogant (I'd say confident), pick two. Which might explain why so many black athletes give it up to Jesus after a major play. If Sherman had gone on and on about Jesus, we wouldn't be talking about this today.

The article/Ripclawe mentions these chairs also come in "white woman", but then the question becomes why are people ok with this guy turning women into furniture.

Because its art, don't you see it, the artistic significance, the symbolism, the fact that all men get support from women... or in this case, women have to rally together and get support from one another...

So stupid

Oh and Natural, I see you in that thread ...

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Because its art, don't you see it, the artistic significance, the symbolism, the fact that all men get support from women... or in this case, women have to rally together and get support from one another...

So stupid

Oh and Natural, I see you in that thread ...
Like most things here, the actual subject of discussion doesn't even bother me that much. The logic some people come with is the killer though.

DY_nasty

I'm probably gonna bump my old hit & run thread but I finally got my MRI results back (from when I got it in November finally). It was just of my shoulder, with no contrast or anything - but from what they can tell I've clearly got a torn labrum and bicep on top of the AC tear. Gotta get another one done soon but yeah... I'm definitely getting out now.

But I'm probably crazy too because I really thought I was dinged up but this is the second time where everyone in the room was like "Why the fuck aren't you screaming in pain? This happened two years ago? What are you?"

Gonna fuck up some doctors and I've been asked to pursue legal actions against the driver too.

Nakazato

I'm probably gonna bump my old hit & run thread but I finally got my MRI results back (from when I got it in November finally). It was just of my shoulder, with no contrast or anything - but from what they can tell I've clearly got a torn labrum and bicep on top of the AC tear. Gotta get another one done soon but yeah... I'm definitely getting out now.

But I'm probably crazy too because I really thought I was dinged up but this is the second time where everyone in the room was like "Why the fuck aren't you screaming in pain? This happened two years ago? What are you?"

Gonna fuck up some doctors and I've been asked to pursue legal actions against the driver too.

Are they kicking you out or are u leaving on your own? And DY dont make a hasty decision

DY_nasty

Are they kicking you out or are u leaving on your own? And DY dont make a hasty decision

I was leaning towards getting out anyways because of the hilarious cuts to medical and retirement coming. I was only going to stay in for a specific job if I couldn't keep my current one (massively over-strength in my MOS) so getting out isn't something that's new on my mind. I was already looking for a similar civilian job anyways. I'm not sure if I'd be kicked out for the injury (because they never want to pay anyone for that kind of thing) but its one of those things where the smartest thing to do is just to move on.

Nakazato

I was leaning towards getting out anyways because of the hilarious cuts to medical and retirement coming. I was only going to stay in for a specific job if I couldn't keep my current one (massively over-strength in my MOS) so getting out isn't something that's new on my mind. I was already looking for a similar civilian job anyways. I'm not sure if I'd be kicked out for the injury (because they never want to pay anyone for that kind of thing) but its one of those things where the smartest thing to do is just to move on.

Ok thats understandable use that GI Bill and stay away from journalism/broadcast journalism.

can you talk about the healthcare and Retirement cuts ? Im likely never going to be able to get in due to my knee and my depression lol. (less my depression havent been on meds in years)

But now im looking for anything. So I can study and get some IT certs before Im 28. Im going to give up my dream cause its not making me any money. Tho it sucks I have done and seen some cool shit

DY_nasty

Ok thats understandable use that GI Bill and stay away from journalism/broadcast journalism.

I was probably going back to journalism. Its what I was doing in Charlotte. Something change about the field? I haven't even bothered to look into it that much outside of keeping tabs on overseas stuff.

Nakazato

I was probably going back to journalism. Its what I was doing in Charlotte. Something change about the field? I haven't even bothered to look into it that much outside of keeping tabs on overseas stuff.

It wont be as stable as you would like. I work in broadcast journalism/mass com/TV and its really a crap shoot. one month you'll make 2 grand the next you dont work

DY_nasty

It wont be as stable as you would like. I work in broadcast journalism/mass com/TV and its really a crap shoot. one month you'll make 2 grand the next you dont work

It hasn't changed at all then. Working multiple projects at my own pace is exactly what I look forward to.

So I used to think my lack of dating experience until I was 18 was a result of me being some kind of introverted class clown but in retrospect I was handicapped from go

I grew up in the sort of town where I couldn't have gotten a black female if I'd wanted to. I lived in a friday night lights-esque town where I could tell it was spring first thing not because of the weather but because I could hear the ting of aluminum bats slapping balls out of the park from the highschool that was two minutes away at best.

A black girl was either ratchet on some other shit or was a young version of Kerry Washington from scandal.

So it was either learn how to conquest the equivalent of Obamas daughters or learn how to prove to white girls that you're different from the stereotypes--something I didn't even learn how to do until I was a senior in highschool.

My best friends were mixed with a mom that was whiter than toothpaste that I saw every other day for ten years, I lived with a mixed friend my first year of college who had a wild white mom who's driving trucks across the country despite being well off because reasons.

So there was no way I was going to date a reasonable girl through HS without being the type of black guy who grew up on Livewell street. And the Kerry Washingtons were locked up so tight by their dads that even if you were in a position to hit you'd end up realizing you need a key in order to pull the panties back.

Fast forward to years later in the DC area where I'm regularly waltzing around George Washington and College Park, I one day realize the game don changed. The Kerry Washingtons got the chains off and Ratchet females don cleaned up, all while I've mastered the art of getting past the biases and subconscious racial profiling of white women to the point where I'm feeling like Robin Williams from Jumanji who finally got called back from the game.

So I'm talking to way more black females now than I ever have in my life and it's stupid awesome how weird it is to talk to a fine girl who isn't thinking negatively about you from jump, or who might actually be super into you before a conversation has even started.

TLDR version: Forced into dating white girls for a decade, finally meet a bunch of intelligent, free black women

giphy.gif

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
So I'm talking to way more black females now than I ever have in my life and it's stupid awesome how weird it is to talk to a fine girl who isn't thinking negatively about you from jump, or who might actually be super into you before a conversation has even started.

I'll let you all know when i get there....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom