• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT5| A Nation of Drakes Can't Hold Us Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

DominoKid

Well somebody ran up in my car last night. I feel like it doesnt count as a break in because it wasnt locked. Better that than a smashed window. Only thing I count missing is my checks which I only kept in there out of a weird habit I picked up.

Shit is disappointing brehs. I never had to lock my car at school (or the beach) and I lived on one of the main campus streets.

They also hit some other cars in the neighborhood.

Well somebody ran up in my car last night. I feel like it doesnt count as a break in because it wasnt locked. Better that than a smashed window. Only thing I count missing is my checks which I only kept in there out of a weird habit I picked up.

Shit is disappointing brehs. I never had to lock my car at school (or the beach) and I lived on one of the main campus streets.

They also hit some other cars in the neighborhood.

#RanUpInHisShit
#WelcomeToCashvilleNikka
#AyeLetMeHoldSomeMoney

Kreed

Testing the waters and gearing up for Black History Month fuckery.

But it's really only funny in the context of this thread. Outside of this thread, you guys just look like the rest of GAF. If you want to stand out, you should have black women avs or black dudes with white women avs.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
ku-xlarge.gif

They canceling classes in NYC bruhs!....

Keep in mind my school was open on MLK day....

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
But it's really only funny in the context of this thread. Outside of this thread, you guys just look like the rest of GAF. If you want to stand out, you should have black women avs or black dudes with white women avs.

wait whats the joke? I've been away

What are yall talking about? Avatars are only so big, and this is meant to be a joke to people who just happen to pop in or lurk, its not a statement towards GAF.

White Women Stay!

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
So Microsoft paid Machinima affiliated content creators on YouTube to speak positive about Xbone. harSon?

harSon

Banned
So Microsoft paid Machinima affiliated content creators on YouTube to speak positive about Xbone. harSon?

Extremely scummy, especially since they're not supposed to disclose it, but it's sound business. Positive advertisement for cheap hooker wages? Smart business, unless your hand gets caught in the cookie jar.

Honestly though, I don't give a fuck about business ethics to the degree that many people here seem too. You making games I want to play? If yes, then we coo.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Extremely scummy, especially since they're not supposed to disclose it, but it's sound business. Positive advertisement for cheap hooker wages? Smart business, unless your hand gets caught in the cookie jar.
To be honest if I didn't see a name or console and just heard about it I would assume it could go either way, Sony or Microsoft. Just seems like Microsoft is having a terrible time in the public relations department in the last year.

To be honest if I didn't see a name or console and just heard about it I would assume it could go either way, Sony or Microsoft. Just seems like Microsoft is having a terrible time in the public relations department in the last year.

Why would you trust the opinion of anything on youtube. Its completely void of being held to any journalistic integrity.

There is a panel at pax east I think where Hip Hop gamer gives out the advice to show your passion for products, and companies will give you things.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
The fact that they are putting up a bribe for it is more interesting than the implication that YouTube affiliated videos might not be the bastion of journalistic integrity no one thought they were. And Hip Hop gamer would know, and I can't blame him. Receiving swag is a huge part of the game.

RedSwirl

So I used to think my lack of dating experience until I was 18 was a result of me being some kind of introverted class clown but in retrospect I was handicapped from go

I grew up in the sort of town where I couldn't have gotten a black female if I'd wanted to. I lived in a friday night lights-esque town where I could tell it was spring first thing not because of the weather but because I could hear the ting of aluminum bats slapping balls out of the park from the highschool that was two minutes away at best.

A black girl was either ratchet on some other shit or was a young version of Kerry Washington from scandal.

So it was either learn how to conquest the equivalent of Obamas daughters or learn how to prove to white girls that you're different from the stereotypes--something I didn't even learn how to do until I was a senior in highschool.

My best friends were mixed with a mom that was whiter than toothpaste that I saw every other day for ten years, I lived with a mixed friend my first year of college who had a wild white mom who's driving trucks across the country despite being well off because reasons.

So there was no way I was going to date a reasonable girl through HS without being the type of black guy who grew up on Livewell street. And the Kerry Washingtons were locked up so tight by their dads that even if you were in a position to hit you'd end up realizing you need a key in order to pull the panties back.

Fast forward to years later in the DC area where I'm regularly waltzing around George Washington and College Park, I one day realize the game don changed. The Kerry Washingtons got the chains off and Ratchet females don cleaned up, all while I've mastered the art of getting past the biases and subconscious racial profiling of white women to the point where I'm feeling like Robin Williams from Jumanji who finally got called back from the game.

So I'm talking to way more black females now than I ever have in my life and it's stupid awesome how weird it is to talk to a fine girl who isn't thinking negatively about you from jump, or who might actually be super into you before a conversation has even started.

TLDR version: Forced into dating white girls for a decade, finally meet a bunch of intelligent, free black women

giphy.gif

Are you me?

Right down to the part about being in DC.

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing

Machinima paid them. They did the same promo for PAX and E3. Pretty sure E3 didn't pay Youtubers to speak good about....you get the idea.

In the case, the only difference seems to be the confidentiality agreement.

EA did the same with BF4. And so on.

harSon

Banned

I'd be surprised if it weren't commonplace myself. I just find myself amazed at the extent people take offense to this type of stuff. I mean, these companies are voluntarily contracting out manufacturing to what amounts to modern day slave drivers, and we sweep that under the rug, but we raise a shit storm over hush hush paid advertising? I've just come to the conclusion that corporations are morally repugnant, and they'll do anything within the grey area to make a dollar, so nothing really surprises me. It's easier that way.

technically, they were paid to not speak negatively. there's a difference.

Honestly though, I don't give a fuck about business ethics to the degree that many people here seem too. You making games I want to play? If yes, then we coo.
that's why Battlefield will always be Day 1 for me. WCIA and all that jazz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom