• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT5| A Nation of Drakes Can't Hold Us Back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Make that avatar size and see it loose something in the transition.

k8rKuKq.png

Not really

RedSwirl

Man. Looking at that. That pic must look weird as fuck to some people. Like the expression on that guy's face should put him in a completely different world from a woman who would have that expression, or something.

But when I'm in that same situation, it doesn't feel weird at all. I'm sitting here trying to visualize the additional mental leaps other people have to go through to understand my experience, and it's honestly making me feel less critical of those people.

RedSwirl

On the subject, it seems like half the couples in my brother's neighborhood are interracial. Like, did they plan that shit or something? Are there actual communities where interracial couples has become a demographic unto itself? My two nephews are mixed, and a lot of their friends are mixed race. Is there some generational plan going on there? Because if there is I'm starting to wonder how many people outside know about it.

Dereck

Robert Dinero, George Lucas, Rodger Ebert, Colin Farrell, Michael Fastbender, Robin Thicke..............

Thats just off the top of my head
I wasn't talking about celebrities.

EDIT: What I'm saying is that I've seen several couples walking around at the mall/movie theater/target, black guy, white woman, never the opposite though. Might just be where I live.

EDIT: What I'm saying is that I've seen several couples walking around at the mall/movie theater/target, black guy, white woman, never the opposite though. Might just be where I live.

Well you just made a blanket statement, but it might be because of where you live, I personally know two such couples.

Gorillaz

slay's avy....how many layers deep are we going with this

bct is showing out or as the older generation/grandparents called it "cooning the fuck out"

I can't....

i5vFWJe2hbK2.png

Onemic

I've seen the opposite plenty of times. I feel like the ratio between black guy/white girl, white guy/black girl is around 60/40 where I live.

Good luck finding a decent white man after this.
hey man, that's borderline racist. I'm sure there are plenty of white men that would want her after this.

I like that not only did FM get called out for the reference but he said it was 'borderline racist' lol.

When you implied that this white woman wouldn't find a decent white man solely because she dated a black man....dude, that was almost racist.

J10

Banned
I ain't gonna say no names, but it's real fucking stupid when you sign your name at the end of every post like we can't see your name where your name already is.

J10

Banned
I like that not only did FM get called out for the reference but he said it was 'borderline racist' lol.

When you implied that this white woman wouldn't find a decent white man solely because she dated a black man....dude, that was almost racist.

Find a picture of Alison Brie and Dani Pudi if you're looking for consistency. He's brown - close enough.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
White dude that dated a black girl here, yo. Got called a mudshark too.

I'd say white woman / black man is way more prevalent in any media though, for various reasons.

dudes can be called mudsharks too? I thought that was a term for women

FyreWulff

dudes can be called mudsharks too? I thought that was a term for women

It's genderless around here. People aren't really consistent with their slurs around here, anyway. They just repeat whatever they've heard to try and get the most hurt and reaction.

Today's the first time I feel I've heard it being woman-specific, anyway.

I ain't gonna say no names, but it's real fucking stupid when you sign your name at the end of every post like we can't see your name where your name already is.

You're going to have to be MORE UPFRONT and TELL HIM TO STOP J10, he won't GET it OTHERWISE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom