• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT5| A Nation of Drakes Can't Hold Us Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

akira28

my one true ex...just found out her recent ex is in jail for a lot more a minute. his ass was abusive and crazy, but 'no one ever "got" her more than he did'. anyway..so we're talking again.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
I would buy an X1 for 1080p/60fps Halo 2 with online multiplayer and support

without fucks

Of course you would. You and Moris already clearly demonstrated that you are terrible with finances. Hell, you don't even know how much money is printed on your paycheck.

My apologies for being a douche but why not just come right out and say you need someone to talk to?
She did. It's how I found out that she was miserable. When I asked her why she was staying with him, she threw out that gem. That's when I decided to just stop giving her attention.

I looked her up on Facebook out of curiosity one day. She's apparently engaged to him, I think. I honestly don't know; she was always one of those types who would change statuses to show how in love she was.
Of course you would. You and Moris already clearly demonstrated that you are terrible with finances. Hell, you don't even know how much money is printed on your paycheck.

lmao

Yaaah I'm getting titanfall for PC.

Lords of shadow 2 and school are priority though near end of February/ early march

Should I get dark souls 2 for ps3 or PC? Will the community be shit on computer?

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".

Lords of shadow 2 and school are priority though near end of February/ early march

Should I get dark souls 2 for ps3 or PC? Will the community be shit on computer?

I'm going PC for titianfall and ps3 for ds2. not sure how I feel about installing origin though.

*brofist* mee too!

I'm getting DS2 on PS3. I imagine PC will have a big community of loyalist & die hards so no worries there.

Gorillaz

That aint right reilo

I think all 3 are fine. Im Staying on ps3 since it feels like that is where a lot of online fuckery will be

Shit is straight dismal around here.

And you goddamn right Black/Hispanics exist. If not then i have been a goddamn nightmare/figment of imagination to a whole lotta people.

Annie Ilonzeh so fine.

Shit is straight dismal around here.

And you goddamn right Black/Hispanics exist. If not then i have been a goddamn nightmare/figment of imagination to a whole lotta people.

3/4 of the Dominican Republic no longer exists. A huge chunk of Brazil is gone, a bunch of people in Colombia are magically gone, along with a large swatch of New Yorkians, etc, etc.

Trey

Makes zero financial sense to rekindle a huge following of Halo fans who were disillusioned after 4?

Garnering a fuck ton of fans with a re-done classic, letting them experience 3 & 4 again on their XB1 if they want to, so they can roll into Halo 5 (with its promised old-school style game play) ready to go and caught up?

This clearly makes financial sense.

fuuuuck

Too good to be true.

J10

Banned
Microsoft is gonna edit out all the references to Humanity=Forerunner from the remake/ports to make the retcon complete. It'll finally be like Halo was never even a Bungie game.

reilo

The X1 leaks would've been exciting years ago. MS needs new IPs, preferrably not in the action genre.

reilo

lol you dream big but seriously that would be very ideal
It's too much to ask of a company that has invested (and lost) billions of dollars into this brand, apparently.

HD remakes are cool and all, but that should be something to get newer/younger fans that never played the initial release into the franchise, and not be the main attraction for your holiday release.

Annie Ilonzeh so fine.

3/4 of the Dominican Republic no longer exists. A huge chunk of Brazil is gone, a bunch of people in Colombia are magically gone, along with a large swatch of New Yorkians, etc, etc.

It would be like the damn rapture.

I can see it now....

Where the fuck did Immortal Technique go? Riovane? AE?

reilo

This whole cboat thing is silly if true. MS should have better things to do.

Silky. Check your PMs now. It should be sent. Thats something that mobile cant send PMs. Anywho hopefully it helps. Get back at me if you dont get it.

reilo

Can someone summarize what happened in that thread? What's CBOAT? Guise explain.
Junior maybe that signed up yesterday gets bish verified and posts a bunch of leaks here: http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=760013&page=1

CBOAT (crazy buttocks on a train), a longtime member, also verified, with a good track record for his leaks (X1 DRM, X1 pricing, weaker X1 hardware compared to PS4) then posts this: http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=760088

Other insiders pop their head in and question the validity of these leaks, ie they hint that these are controlled leaks by Microsoft themselves.

Speculation goes wild that the Titanfall rumor with the 16 maps was a specific leak (later debunked by Respawn on twitter) to snuff out who cboat is to stop his leaks because of how damaging they have been to the Xbox brand this last year.

I don't know why I read Gaming side. I have a problem. Is there a support group to help me stop?

Like I said, if true, then super silly for MS to go through all this trouble like a bad spy novel.

Trey

Junior maybe that signed up yesterday gets bish verified and posts a bunch of leaks here: http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=760013&page=1

CBOAT (crazy buttocks on a train), a longtime member, also verified, with a good track record for his leaks (X1 DRM, X1 pricing, weaker X1 hardware compared to PS4) then posts this: http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=760088

Other insiders pop their head in and question the validity of these leaks, ie they hint that these are controlled leaks by Microsoft themselves.

Speculation goes wild that the Titanfall rumor with the 16 maps was a specific leak (later debunked by Respawn on twitter) to snuff out who cboat is to stop his leaks because of how damaging they have been to the Xbox brand this last year.

I don't know why I read Gaming side. I have a problem. Is there a support group to help me stop?

Like I said, if true, then super silly for MS to go through all this trouble like a bad spy novel.

To be fair, that thread was pretty awesome.

Gorillaz

Bish I know you had to close it but...that thread was hype as fuck. Even if there was some sort of plan to smoke out cboat, or whatever, it was hilarious.

10/10, needs to be a movie.

Trey

It's no small wonder why MS would want to cut cboat down. That kind of security issue is embarrassing and extremely disruptive.

Makes for interesting threads at least.

reilo

Bish I know you had to close it but...that thread was hype as fuck. Even if there was some sort of plan to smoke out cboat, or whatever, it was hilarious.

10/10, needs to be a movie.
I'm reading through the last half of the thread right now. It is highly entertaining, but it feels just a bit much... Corporate espionage as a concept is cool as fuck, but at this level? All of this for a forum poster??

C'mon y'all.

If all it takes is some dude that writes like a dyslexic on acid to hurt your brand this easily, then you got bigger fucking issues. Stopping him won't reverse your fuck-ups or prevent future ones. Make a good product, and cboat becomes useless.

royalan

Wanted to get a take on this from other black people, tbh.

A crosspost from LGBT GAF, when the subject of dating religious gay men came up. A lot of people seemed to be against the idea, but I feel like I've had a different experience growing up in the black church:

Strangely enough, I feel like the black community has a different take on homosexuality and religion.

It isn't at all uncommon for black homosexuals to attend church and/or be very religious. Especially in large urban areas.

It's strange because the black church is no kinder to gays than most other religious institutions, but at the same time there seems to be a complete divestment of "gay life" and "church life." And as long as you don't start making out with another dude right in the middle of the congregation, you can be as obviously gay as you want and nobody seems to say anything about it. Some of the flamiest black gay men I know are also devoutly religious and completely unapologetic about it.

I always wondered about that.

Anybody else notice this? That the black church doesn't really seem to repel homosexual attendance despite most being near-completely anti-gay from a moral perspective? Something I've definitely noticed growing up. In fact, even now as an adult the majority of gay homosexuals I socialize with would consider themselves religious and attend church.

FyreWulff

It's no small wonder why MS would want to cut cboat down. That kind of security issue is embarrassing and extremely disruptive.

Makes for interesting threads at least.

Microsoft's corporate security has always been complete balls

They leak like a sprinkler

Trey

Black folk: don't start none won't be none.

A third of the congregation was at the club Saturday night probably.

Most of the blatant homophobia I come across is from the kind of people who don't go to church in the first place. Not to say church goers aren't any less homophobic, ideologically. Just way more passive about it. "Let the Lord sort them out."

Okay, so in regards to what I said a while back... does anyone else feel compelled to remain in a difficult class if you're the only black person in said class?

Difficult for you, mind - I'm sure the class that I'm in would come much easier to STEM majors.

On another note, I'm not even sure if it's difficult. So far it's been pretty smooth sailing, but I am worried about down the line.

Silky

Banned
next week i'll be flying back to chicago to meet some people/get something nice for my girlfriend. it'll be a year since i've been there and my first time going alone. (usually head up there w/ my mom/brother)

what's flying like

Okay, so in regards to what I said a while back... does anyone else feel compelled to remain in a difficult class if you're the only black person in said class?

Difficult for you, mind - I'm sure the class that I'm in would come much easier to STEM majors.

On another note, I'm not even sure if it's difficult. So far it's been pretty smooth sailing, but I am worried about down the line.

If I find a course too challenging, I'll admit I'm doing too much and either see where I could improve, or drop the class altogether. There have been plenty of courses where I've been the only black guy attending (which is normal in a community college where the minority count is low)

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
people need to live and let live at the end of day. no "sin" is greater than the other.

Wanted to get a take on this from other black people, tbh.

A crosspost from LGBT GAF, when the subject of dating religious gay men came up. A lot of people seemed to be against the idea, but I feel like I've had a different experience growing up in the black church:

Anybody else notice this? That the black church doesn't really seem to repel homosexual attendance despite most being near-completely anti-gay from a moral perspective? Something I've definitely noticed growing up. In fact, even now as an adult the majority of gay homosexuals I socialize with would consider themselves religious and attend church.

When I was coming up there was always a couple cats in the choir that you knew were but they didnt announce or make a big deal. It was commonplace for that found in the church. And to be honest they didnt get judged because of their lifestyle, if anything it was moreso a fashion contest. Cats would clown somebody how they dressed in church and say that shit in hushed tones.

But I digress, to find religion and be gay is not uncommon. Quite a few cats I know are devout they just so happen to like the same sex. My little sister was a practicing Catholic for many years and could pull more females on a bad day then majority of GAF combined. It has become some semblence of the norm around here.

Gorillaz

^definitely was a fashion contest to many as well. god Easter Sunday's were something growing up.
Black folk: don't start none won't be none.

A third of the congregation was at the club Saturday night probably.

Most of the blatant homophobia I come across is from the kind of people who don't go to church in the first place. Not to say church goers aren't any less hobophobic, ideologically. Just way more passive about it. "Let the Lord sort them out."

Pretty much. Right down to the fact part of the congregation being in the club the night before. I remember talking to my grandma about that and how at times not everyone is as "saved" as they appear during sunday morning. It really got to her at first. Felt bad but necessary to talk about it.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
I haven't been to church (black or otherwise) since I was a child. I do know people that go to church, and while yes, things have gotten progressive with them, certain others attend places of worship where they still believe the devil is making people choose that life. Can I say that it's any worse than any other religion? No, of course not. Do I think it's all peachy keen? Hell no.

Silky

Banned
yeah love it or not KI is pretty much secured at EVO

the REAL question is wether or not Injustice makes a return. I hope the good buzz from KIT pushes the hype around that game a bit more

also Skullgirls for EVO pls

--

I can't answer the church question.

I'm reading through the last half of the thread right now. It is highly entertaining, but it feels just a bit much... Corporate espionage as a concept is cool as fuck, but at this level? All of this for a forum poster??

C'mon y'all.

If all it takes is some dude that writes like a dyslexic on acid to hurt your brand this easily, then you got bigger fucking issues. Stopping him won't reverse your fuck-ups or prevent future ones. Make a good product, and cboat becomes useless.

- So why were you let go from your last job.

- I posted confidential information on a videogame forum.

That would be pretty high up on the list of dumbass reasons to lose your job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom