• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT5| A Nation of Drakes Can't Hold Us Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
It's just how MS works. Their internal divisions hate each other. And the company leaks from the top a lot too.

They've got their tendrils everywhere so they have a lot of surface area where their secrets are spread out, too.
cYUKHwU.jpg

If I was given free reign to restructure and change MS how I see fit, I'd be CEO. I think MS as a company should be doing alot better than they are, but their years upon years of late half assed responses to changes in the industry are biting them in the ass.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
If I was given free reign to restructure and change MS how I see fit, I'd be CEO. I think MS as a company should be doing alot better than they are, but their years upon years of late half assed responses to changes in the industry are biting them in the ass.

didn't they have to purposely suck to avoid the antitrust lawsuit?

If I was microsoft I wouldn't even try to pay catchup and instead attempt to find new industries to take leadership in. Similar to how they are a top 2 game system developer. I don't know what is next but MS would definitely have enough money to become a player in whatever that is (maybe google glasses.... somebody needs to make the cheaper version)

If I was microsoft I wouldn't even try to pay catchup and instead attempt to find new industries to take leadership in. Similar to how they are a top 2 game system developer. I don't know what is next but MS would definitely have enough money to become a player in whatever that is (maybe google glasses.... somebody needs to make the cheaper version)

The only antitrust suit that really set them back was Internet Explorer and for good reason, IE sucked the ass of a thousand camels for eons and it came built in to Windows. But there is absolutely no antitrust suit against MS in regards to: making a really cohesive Windows 8 (instead of the really half assed Windows 8 we got). Or making a successor to Windows Phone much earlier (and subsequentally laughing off the iPhone when it was announced, then proceeding to say they're not worried about iPhone when it absolutely took off). Or being painfully late to the whole MP3 player market.

When it comes to the consumer space, MS is always a day late and a dollar short. But they're doing pretty well in enterprise section. Azure is growing like crazy and is another billion dollar sector for them.

I'm a huge fan of Janelle Monáe, anyone else listen to her music?

Yeah I do, I fear that most people who try to get on the bandwagon at Electric Lady will try to get off. There's a point to the album which some people won't appreciate unless they have heard her stuff from the first album on. There's a story being told and what's on Electric Lady isn't the beginning. But casuals should get the gist of what's going on from Electric Lady.

LOL Cheerios dont give a fuck!

Here is their Superbowl ad
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKuQrKeGe6g

nvVCb.gif

I have to say what most people won't get is how Cheerios showed the promise of the "American Dream" in an underhanded way. Two kids, a dog, white picket fence and all this through an interracial family. Whoever the team was for this commercial deserves bonuses/raises. There's genius all around with this commercial.

so look

I'm the first guy who's trying to uphold societies standards of chivalrous behavior, but I've been battling an illness for the better part of the week, I'm one of the few men in a sea of women, yet I'm singled out to do manual labor regardless just because I'm a man.

i'm having an argument with a female about what word would be used to describe whats being done to me, and I'm getting pretty salty

what would you call it guys?

RedSwirl

The only antitrust suit that really set them back was Internet Explorer and for good reason, IE sucked the ass of a thousand camels for eons and it came built in to Windows. But there is absolutely no antitrust suit against MS in regards to: making a really cohesive Windows 8 (instead of the really half assed Windows 8 we got). Or making a successor to Windows Phone much earlier (and subsequentally laughing off the iPhone when it was announced, then proceeding to say they're not worried about iPhone when it absolutely took off). Or being painfully late to the whole MP3 player market.

When it comes to the consumer space, MS is always a day late and a dollar short. But they're doing pretty well in enterprise section. Azure is growing like crazy and is another billion dollar sector for them.

And this is why some Microsoft executives reportedly want to gut consumer electronics and go back to being a software company again.

Seen her live? Incredible energy.

Saw her at Afropunk Fest, I already liked her but that set that night solidified my love for her. So much energy (only person I've seen live with more energy is Q-tip) and her band keeps up. Just love the show they put on

After Zune, And Surface, I have no faith whatsoever that MS has any idea what to do with consumer products or scaling them to an acceptable price

so look

I'm the first guy who's trying to uphold societies standards of chivalrous behavior, but I've been battling an illness for the better part of the week, I'm one of the few men in a sea of women, yet I'm singled out to do manual labor regardless just because I'm a man.

i'm having an argument with a female about what word would be used to describe whats being done to me, and I'm getting pretty salty

what would you call it guys?

Chump????

In all seriousness, its whatever word they use to describe when women are expected to know how to cook/clean

RedSwirl

harSon

Banned
Of course you are that one dude when it comes to MS talk.

No, I just call bullshit when I see it. You know like saying that XB1's snap feature was completely broken and crashing the OS, and then a video showing otherwise coming out a day or two later. He also said that Final Fantasy XV was 100% exclusive to Playstation 4, and that Sony was helping to get it released on a timely fashion. He also said Sony was trying to secure Kingdom Hearts 3 before the conference. This was during e3, and was literally squashed hours later by Square. His twitter is console war drivel. Oh, and what do you know? The leak wasn't "controlled" ? Go figure.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
No, I just call bullshit when I see it. You know like saying that XB1's snap feature was completely broken and crashing the OS, and then a video showing otherwise coming out a day or two later. He also said that Final Fantasy XV was 100% exclusive to Playstation 4, and that Sony was helping to get it released on a timely fashion. He also said Sony was trying to secure Kingdom Hearts 3 before the conference. This was during e3, and was literally squashed hours later by Square. His twitter is console war drivel. Oh, and what do you know? The leak wasn't "controlled" ? Go figure.

I guess you missed the whole eKim thing where he said that MS came down on him the moment MisterX (yep, of all fucking things) posted a blog entry saying that he was cboat after it was found out he was the one that leaked LFD3 images to cboat.

Even mortimer said that he believes this was 99.9% a controlled leak, and then GopherD (another insider) hinted at the same shit. There's smoke here.

And you know what gives this the most credence? The fact that it is Microsoft. It's right in their wheelhouse. Thinking otherwise is naive. If this was Nintendo? Everyone would 'lol' and go back to not giving a fuck.

I also highly disagree that these are 'major' leaks. Crackdown 3? If that's considered a big franchise for MS, then whooooooo they got some catching up to do.

harSon

Banned
I guess you missed the whole eKim thing where he said that MS came down on him the moment MisterX (yep, of all fucking things) posted a blog entry saying that he was cboat after it was found out he was the one that leaked LFD3 images to cboat.

Even mortimer said that he believes this was 99.9% a controlled leak, and then GopherD (another insider) hinted at the same shit. There's smoke here.

And you know what gives this the most credence? The fact that it is Microsoft. It's right in their wheelhouse. Thinking otherwise is naive. If this was Nintendo? Everyone would 'lol' and go back to not giving a fuck.

I also highly disagree that these are 'major' leaks. Crackdown 3? If that's considered a big franchise for MS, then whooooooo they got some catching up to do.

Well, it seems like the .1% came true, because FamousMortimer also said this: https://twitter.com/atPeteDodd/status/428822828775796736

And Halo is Microsoft's flagship franchise. It's the face of their division within the industry. They're not going to give major announcements regarding its future in the form of unverified insider information on a forum targeting strictly hardcore gamers.

Gorillaz

Still havn't heard all of electric lady, but that Queen track was nice. Did Prince produce the whole album or just that track/
halo 2 anniversary brah

sony aint ready

first thing I thought too. Especially since they can't make a good FPS to save their lives.

I think it's a controlled leak of a broad roadmap of where MS wants to go.

This leak thing could be nothing but people creating a publicity to overlook Resolutiongate.

You know, revealing these timetables doesn't make those timetables change in anyway, it's just that the public knows. It'll be placed on the shelf until E3 rolls around and we'll see if they mention them. Was the public supposed to be moved by said leaks? I guess the thread was supposed to be more interesting that the information. I'll read through it for the lolz

That dehumanizing stare she gave her dad when he said she was going to have a brother. She damned his soul, then changed her mind and negotiated for a dog. Executive in the making.

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
Well, it seems like the .1% came true, because FamousMortimer also said this: https://twitter.com/atPeteDodd/status/428822828775796736

And Halo is Microsoft's flagship franchise. It's the face of their division within the industry. They're not going to give major announcements regarding its future in the form of unverified insider information on a forum targeting strictly hardcore gamers.

Please. You should just let people continue to embarrass themselves.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Saw her at Afropunk Fest, I already liked her but that set that night solidified my love for her. So much energy (only person I've seen live with more energy is Q-tip) and her band keeps up. Just love the show they put on

After Zune, And Surface, I have no faith whatsoever that MS has any idea what to do with consumer products or scaling them to an acceptable price

When zune first came out (IE Before touch screens) could of been something if they had priced it well, IE more space for less money, and advertised the features you couldn't get from ipods like radio and sharing.

Even with that said MS as inept as they are needs to try to find new markets to get into before their more competent rivals or like the Xbox go into an industry where hubris looks to sit in and take advantage of it (though this time they should avoid falling for hubris themselves). Like others have said their management is too weak to compete head on with companies that have a healthy chain of command.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
just started watching Attack on Titan, about an episode and a half in

the titans are well designed, in that they're creepy as hell, which I assume was intentional

they also are doing a good job of making it feel like the shit that's going wrong is the literal end of the world

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
just started watching Attack on Titan, about an episode and a half in

the titans are well designed, in that they're creepy as hell, which I assume was intentional

they also are doing a good job of making it feel like the shit that's going wrong is the literal end of the world
People can and should have differing opinions on the show but the Titans themselves are some of the most unsettling and perfectly ominous villains ever. They're right up there with the Borg.

cyborg009

Banned
I rarely post but I never did the icebreaker so better late then never.

Where you're from- Miami
Where you live- Miami
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy- Haitian
Do you know your roots- not really
Your Age- 20
Favorite musical genre-Rap & rock
Your profession/major/career interest- software engineering or IT
Your religious affiliation- christianity
Hobbies- Games, movies, and making some apps.

Threads like this explain why we have so many threads like this and this

Reminds me of that thread where someone wanted to name their kids after Pokemon names.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=632186&highlight=kids+pokemon

If it plays like Halo 2...

then damn, might have have to jump in

I literally sold a one already after experiencing that shit...so underwhelmed

But if the rumors are true of a graphically improved Halo 2 at 1080p...even at 30fps, I simply couldn't say no to that.

I probably can't say no to TLoU 2 doe, the mp on that shit is super underrated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom