• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT5| A Nation of Drakes Can't Hold Us Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
- So why were you let go from your last job.

- I posted confidential information on a videogame forum.

That would be pretty high up on the list of dumbass reasons to lose your job.
Knowing MS, they might sue him to hell and back.

And all because they themselves fucked up by releasing a shoddy product. Wonderful statement that would send.

people need to live and let live at the end of day. no "sin" is greater than the other.

This. I mean I'm just gonna say what I've been saying since I was a kid.

Who the fuck cares if they're gay? How does it affect you personally? If it makes you feel “icky”...kill yourself, if you're about to quote a scripture to justify it, kill yourself…doubly so if you're black but complain about slavery. If you don't have a good reason, but you just don't like it guess what? Kill yourself.

This. I mean I'm just gonna say what I've been saying since I was a kid.

Who the fuck cares if they're gay? How does it affect you personally? If it makes you feel “icky”...kill yourself, if you're about to quote a scripture to justify it, kill yourself…doubly so if you're black but complain about slavery. If you don't have a good reason, but you just don't like it guess what? Kill yourself.

Internet high five.

the CBOAT and new leaker drama is better than the damn leaks!

new SKU without ODD? nobody saw it coming...

sequels and remakes of popular games are coming! shockl awe...

Titanfall........ Titanfall.

MS possibly trying to out leaker with tagged info? more popcorn please!!!!

reilo

RT @thuway: @OceanMeetsSky Witch hunt to find out CBoaT, popular internet journalists in on it, movement within to improve X1's image post-Machinima.

How pathetic.

reilo

Also, people really want to buy a Titanfall branded console? That mockup looked turdy.

FyreWulff

RT @thuway: @OceanMeetsSky Witch hunt to find out CBoaT, popular internet journalists in on it, movement within to improve X1's image post-Machinima.

How pathetic.

And the slime dares call themselves "press". You're not press if you'll sell a source down the river just for another exclusive and 15 minutes of fame.

Onemic

How pathetic.

da fuck?

can these dudes please stop calling themselves journalists already?

And the slime dares call themselves "press". You're not press if you'll sell a source down the river just for another exclusive and 15 minutes of fame.

If this is all true I'd really like to know if they did this thinking they'd get their back scratched, knowing they'd get their back scratched or just out of their goodness of their hearts.

reilo

but dawg they need their swag an free gamz think about them

These dudes are probably doing it out of some deep rooted feelings of brand loyalty. MS doesn't even have to pay these guys, they're more than glad to help.

CBOAT is Deepthroat.......

I laughed way to hard at this. But yeah they dont have any journalistic integrity. If shit leaks it leaks. Selling someone up river for a possible headpat is dumb in its own right. White Knighting for MS....

I have seen it all.....

FyreWulff

If this is all true I'd really like to know if they did this thinking they'd get their back scratched, knowing they'd get their back scratched or just out of their goodness of their hearts.

There's a person on GAF itself that like to go around saying they're a source, and they just use other people like a ladder to get to other sources. Their first sources were direct contact information ganked from someone else.

The industry itself does some childish and stupid shit but the fans and fan journalists are often pretty sick and "what have you done for me lately" amongsts themselves. It gets so toxic sometimes that people often put more value into people that have the most "inside information" credits rather than the motherfuckers themselves making the games for them.

I guess just like the music industry before it, and then the movie industry that came afterwards, it was an eventual outcome that the games industry and media would tender currency in gossip instead of the actual content.

Gorillaz

There's a person on GAF itself that like to go around saying they're a source, and they just use other people like a ladder to get to other sources. Their first sources were direct contact information ganked from someone else.

The industry itself does some childish and stupid shit but the fans and fan journalists are often pretty sick and "what have you done for me lately" amongsts themselves. It gets so toxic sometimes that people often put more value into people that have the most "inside information" credits rather than the motherfuckers themselves making the games for them.

I guess just like the music industry before it, and then the movie industry that came afterwards, it was an eventual outcome that the games industry and media would tender currency in gossip instead of the actual content.
I consider it more of a growing pains thing for the industry. Music and Movies still act like this but theydon't let a company run wild like this in ppublic. Behind closed doors maybe but not like this

harSon

Banned
Everything Microsoft does these days seems to be amplified into a grand conspiracy. A "controlled" leak makes absolutely zero sense. Honestly, I'm somewhat baffled that people are willingly buying into the notion in such large quantities. Why in the hell would Microsoft voluntarily sacrifice major announcements for such a small advertisement footprint? It's an incredibly near sighted move, and if Microsoft has proven anything, it's that they're very much a big picture type of company. They play the long game. If they really wanted to change the narrative, they'd put these announcements on some kind of stage. A public press conference, an invite only event for journalists, a Nintendo Direct like event, etc. Anything but blowing their load in a "controlled leak" on a forum targeting hardcore gamers.

FyreWulff

I consider it more of a growing pains thing for the industry. Music and Movies still act like this but theydon't let a company run wild like this in ppublic. Behind closed doors maybe but not like this

Oh yeah, those industries matured a lot, but they also are old enough that they've had their nose shoved into their own shit by Congress a few times.

I'm still waiting for the first big smackdown from Congress on the games industry

Everything Microsoft does these days seems to be amplified into a grand conspiracy

That's their own fault, they earned that.

A "controlled" leak makes absolutely zero sense. Honestly, I'm somewhat baffled that people are willingly buying into the notion in such large quantities. Why in the hell would Microsoft voluntarily sacrifice major announcements for such a small advertisement footprint? It's an incredibly near sighted move, and if Microsoft has proven anything, it's that they're very much a big picture type of company. They play the long game. If they really wanted to change the narrative, they'd put these announcements on some kind of stage. A public press conference, an invite only event for journalists, a Nintendo Direct like event, etc. Anything but blowing their load in a "controlled leak" on a forum targeting hardcore gamers.

It's not hard to believe really. Only super hardcore types like gaffers would care a whole lot about target launch dates to known games and expected sequels that may or may not release in a year or more time, they're also the only people who care about that machinema debacle or poor NPD figures which this is supposedly combating.

edit:That being said, if it were controlled I'd hope it would be more short term and sensational for MS's sake. That's where I find the controlled part of this hard to believe. Purposely leaking info on a game(s) that isn't coming out for a year or more to rally your fanbase sounds....stupid.

harSon

Banned
That's their own fault, they earned that.

And yet that doesn't dispel the notion that some of it's downright stupid.

It's not hard to believe really. Only super hardcore types like gaffers would care a whole lot about target launch dates to known games and expected sequels that may or may not release in a year or more time, they're also the only people who care about that machinema debacle or poor NPD figures which this is supposedly combating.

Yes, it's hard to believe. If we were just talking about something like Crackdown, then sure, but we're talking about their bread and butter franchise that they've poured hundreds of millions into. It's a mainstream title. If they consider the acquisition of the Gears of War IP to be worthy of a formal announcement, then you honestly believe they're going to drop major details regarding their flagship franchise in passing rumor on a forum?

jaOQDak.gif

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Makes some sense.

You just have to compensate for the fact that all parties involved are not the smartest. This isn't The Good Shepherd or anything.

Kreed

Wanted to get a take on this from other black people, tbh.

A crosspost from LGBT GAF, when the subject of dating religious gay men came up. A lot of people seemed to be against the idea, but I feel like I've had a different experience growing up in the black church:

Anybody else notice this? That the black church doesn't really seem to repel homosexual attendance despite most being near-completely anti-gay from a moral perspective? Something I've definitely noticed growing up. In fact, even now as an adult the majority of gay homosexuals I socialize with would consider themselves religious and attend church.

It definitely depends on the church but I think this has a lot to do with how big of a role church plays in the black community. You are always "expected" to go to church in the black community, no matter how many things you do in your life that would be considered Biblical sins. And at the same time, black churches/pastors are not going to turn away members aka more tithes and offerings so long as you aren't causing a problem in the church itself.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
People keep taking the avatars I want. I need something intraracial and thought provoking. Something akin to Keira Knightly leaning over Juicy J.
I'm a huge fan of Janelle Monáe, anyone else listen to her music?

I've yet to listen to any of her work. People keep saying she's the shit but meh

Meanwhile, I've had the same attitude towards Kendrick so that's some shit I guess.

ReiGun

Wanted to get a take on this from other black people, tbh.

A crosspost from LGBT GAF, when the subject of dating religious gay men came up. A lot of people seemed to be against the idea, but I feel like I've had a different experience growing up in the black church:

Anybody else notice this? That the black church doesn't really seem to repel homosexual attendance despite most being near-completely anti-gay from a moral perspective? Something I've definitely noticed growing up. In fact, even now as an adult the majority of gay homosexuals I socialize with would consider themselves religious and attend church.
I think in general the black church is more welcoming because religion is just so ingrained into black culture. However, there are definitely some black churches that are unwelcoming. I know the one I grew up in took a hard stance against homosexuality, to the point that it wasn't uncommon to be warned against it during youth Sunday. "Don't let anyone come talking to you about that gay mess," they would say. If there were any LGBT peeps in the congregation, they were either hiding so well no one noticed, or they simply left without anyone finding out.

Love Janelle. I was just listening to "The Electric Lady." Back in college, the Archandroid was the homework soundtrack.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Dy get on that shit. Unless you're one of those cats that the more people tell you to listen to someone the less you want to do it. In which case: go listen right now.
Yes. My girlfriend is obsessed with her and she's the one that introduced her to me. I've been to one of her concerts and helped move her around when she was crowd surfing, it's actually quite amazing she exists. So much charm and personality in one person. I like the Archandroid the best but Electric Lady has become a close second. Many Moons, Sincerely Jane, Sir Greendown, Tightrope, Cold War, Electric Lady, Dorothy Dandridge and What an Experience are probably my favorite tracks.

Trey

This is ridiculous. You get a guy who blows a whole bunch of stuff wide open, then you get two separate dudes to consult their sources and come back with more dirt + confirmation just like that?

Who the hell is MS employing that just gives it up like that?

FyreWulff

This is ridiculous. You get a guy who blows a whole bunch of stuff wide open, then you get two separate dudes to consult their sources and come back with more dirt + confirmation just like that?

Who the hell is MS employing that just gives it up like that?

It's just how MS works. Their internal divisions hate each other. And the company leaks from the top a lot too.

They've got their tendrils everywhere so they have a lot of surface area where their secrets are spread out, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom