• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT5| A Nation of Drakes Can't Hold Us Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kreed

Yeah Blackfish is a really good documentary. Seaworld is such bullshit. I love how to this day they still pretend that orcas die young and their fins dip like that as a natural process.

This shit right here got me more than anything in the documentary because I had those questions as a child and the staff told me those same lies. You never think to question them cause it's a damn theme park/zoo and you think they are experts and know what they are talking about by default.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Reallllly?

I hope this is like when we all heard about Heath Ledger... but it's Zack Snyder so I doubt it.

ReiGun

When I read the thread title in OT, I though Jesse was playing Nightwing. I don't know which would have been better in terms of confusing and angering the internet.

This is her and her BF, isn't it?

BfOnkPHIAAAG2Yz.jpg

You know you make this joke but their relationship is a lot like this. On friday she told him she was going to find another man for the night. If she was successful he could drive her home.

harSon

Banned
C'mon, son. Heath Ledger taught you nothing?

There's an exception for everything. For every Heath Ledger, there's a hundred castings that looked awful on paper, and were subsequently awful in execution. At least Heath Ledger had range as an actor. Eisenberg is a nasal voiced nerd in everything.

Just did a search for Ghetto Tracker after a post reminded me of it, and not only is it alive and well, they have an "As seen on" banner that includes BET and Univision.

huh

Really, after Brokeback Mountain people said he couldn't act?

"What about Ledger!?!" Can't be the rejoinder to any criticism on any and every casting choice. Bad casting choices exist.

Yes, after Brokeback Mountain, people still said he couldn't act. And while I agree that "What about Ledger?" can't be used as a counter argument in every case, outside of wildly ridiculous casting (like say.. casting Ralphie May as Wolverine), you pretty much have to see the actors performance in the role before such a claim can be considered true. Before then, it's just opinion.

J10

Banned
Really, after Brokeback Mountain people said he couldn't act?

"What about Ledger!?!" Can't be the rejoinder to any criticism on any and every casting choice. Bad casting choices exist.

I think people saw that he could act. What I'm saying is that it didn't matter, he was still immediately written off. I think the same thing is happening here. Eisenberg has shown that he can act and is immediately being written off. I guess because he's never been bald in a movie, just like Heath had never played a clown.

Alternately, I'm not saying "What about Ledger" in regards to Gal Gadot because there's no evidence yet that she can act.

Real Husbands of Hollywood is quickly becoming one of my favorite shows on TV. That cast tho...Just saw an ep with Selita Ebanks and Kelly Rowland...so good

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I was halfway into flirting with this girl when I noticed she had the meanest mustache

Silky

Banned
good day so far. found a good fish joint in the city, got a number while waiting for food and i should be back in chicago for a while next week

DY_nasty

How do you only suddenly notice something like that?

And did she notice that you noticed?

It was at this diner that we stop into for lunch sometimes. She was working the counter and I was actually pretty hungry at first so I was checking out the menu - then she turned to help me pick something out and I saw her ass.

*deep breath*

I was pretty much sold at that point then started the usual small talk and she was more than cool with fucking up the line for the other customers so I knew I was in there. She had some real bad acne so I was like... "whatever, the ass is fat". Then after about another minute or two I realized that the mustache was serious. And it just threw me. Like, at some point she had to realize she was leaving the house with that shit. I can understand a breakout with some acne - we all been there one day or another, but lip coverage? No. And I wanted to tell her about herself too.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
It was at this diner that we stop into for lunch sometimes. She was working the counter and I was actually pretty hungry at first so I was checking out the menu - then she turned to help me pick something out and I saw her ass.

*deep breath*

I was pretty much sold at that point then started the usual small talk and she was more than cool with fucking up the line for the other customers so I knew I was in there. She had some real bad acne so I was like... "whatever, the ass is fat". Then after about another minute or two I realized that the mustache was serious. And it just threw me. Like, at some point she had to realize she was leaving the house with that shit. I can understand a breakout with some acne - we all been there one day or another, but lip coverage? No. And I wanted to tell her about herself too.

Hah, I had lunch earlier with a buddy at a local high-end sandwich place (sit-down kind, super good and not too expensive), and our waitress had 'that ass is fat' and 'them thighs are thick' and 'she knows what she's doing and she's teasing us right now' all over.

But... but... butterface, too. Still, that ass was just right.

DY_nasty

slightly worse than madonna kid

i was almost upset enough to tell her about it brehs

she had a crazy body - but like... you could just immediately tell that her hygiene was on some neckbeard shit. i was so disappointed

I think people saw that he could act. What I'm saying is that it didn't matter, he was still immediately written off. I think the same thing is happening here. Eisenberg has shown that he can act and is immediately being written off. I guess because he's never been bald in a movie, just like Heath had never played a clown.

Alternately, I'm not saying "What about Ledger" in regards to Gal Gadot because there's no evidence yet that she can act.

My problem is that Eisenberg has shown his cards, he's gonna play lex as zuckerberg in here and that's fine.

But ledger, if he lived longer would have been the new Brando imo. I think he surprised with batman tbh, there was no hint of it in his prior performances which he was great in.

I was pulling for Joaquin. Anyways they picked a really baller Alfred

Enzom21

she had a crazy body - but like... you could just immediately tell that her hygiene was on some neckbeard shit. i was so disappointed

It might not have been poor hygiene, she might have just been hairy as fuck.

Like this fine Mexican girl I used to work with, her office would always stink of armpits midway through the day.

It wasn't poor hygiene though because we knew she put deodorant on in the morning and she would put another coat on after someone would tell her about her pit funk. It would never take though, the pit funk would seep through again.

I think it was some weird chemical imbalance... she was fine though, only dated black guys, and she would always flirt with me but I could never get past the pit smell and not shitting where you eat.

My problem is that Eisenberg has shown his cards, he's gonna play lex as zuckerberg in here and that's fine.

But ledger, if he lived longer would have been the new Brando imo. I think he surprised with batman tbh, there was no hint of it in his prior performances which he was great in.

I was pulling for Joaquin. Anyways they picked a really baller Alfred

He does work well as an Earth One Alfred.
FwHKHh5.jpg

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air

my recommendation

lights off, hit it from the back....... don't get her pregnant.

On another note I just got my refund check and the urge is strong..... so strong to spend it on pointless shit instead of stuff that could actually help me in life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom