• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT5| A Nation of Drakes Can't Hold Us Back

Status
Not open for further replies.
JJParis.jpg

Jack-Johnson-with-Wife-Ir-001.jpg

jack-johnson.jpg

boxer-jack-johnson-and-wife.jpg

Hey can some avatarize these?

harSon

Banned
So I just watched Oldboy (the original movie) for the first time....

What the fuck man

Oldboy is pretty overrated. As is Chan Wook Park in general. Dude's a great director, and has a great eye for visuals, but he can't write worth a shit and it's a detriment to most of his movies. J.S.A. is his best movie by far IMO.

Feb av ready and up.
Is that your man biting your leg? That shit looks like a reenactment of Chicken and Beer
Ludacris-ChickenAndBeer-music-album.jpg

But honestly good shit. I dig it.
the pioneer of this movement

/respect

true enough. this man withstood entire salt mines of angry crybabies. they felt it so hard they had to involved the law to try and "save" her from his evil influences.

Unforgivable Blackness. That cat went through some serious bullshit.

So I was thinking... the black community really does feel like a community, and it's nice in ways.

Like, just with basic things - two black people walk by each other, and a decent amount of times share a nod of acknowledgement. Or even a "what's up," despite the fact you have never seen this person and odds are, you never will again.

Or, hell. Other day I remember walking outside my house and standing still for a moment, trying to decide whether I should wear a jacket or not. A black woman across the street called to me, noting my conundrum, and suggesting I do wear a jacket. Haven't seen her since, but eh.

I don't know. These are all very small things (and I'm certain many are present in other communities), but it's nice.

- $0.02

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom