• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT5| A Nation of Drakes Can't Hold Us Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
tumblr_min75dn7pB1qb1zrko1_500.jpg

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Base Invasion man... mah gawd, xcom

and bulletstorm assaults aren't even fair

I must have pissed someone off because yesterday my phone just randomly broke (galaxy s4), today my car got stuck in ice and now my Samsung smartbook just randomly stopped working. Critical hard drive error or some shit. I can't catch a fucking break. Maybe I need to leave this Samsung stuff alone.

Samples from Sam's Club
I Taste That

I must have pissed someone off because yesterday my phone just randomly broke (galaxy s4), today my car got stuck in ice and now my Samsung smartbook just randomly stopped working. Critical hard drive error or some shit. I can't catch a fucking break. Maybe I need to leave this Samsung stuff alone.

is your car a Samsung too?

harSon

Banned
Anyone else rocking a projector? Bought a BenQ W1070 (fuck you Slickdeals), and this shit is marvelous. You can't beat 1080p clarity on a 120" screen for nine bills. I've tested a few 3D movies too, and I'm kind of warming up to the technology. I'm sure the honeymoon will come crashing down once I have to buy a new lamp, but for now, shit's dope.

Free doesn't need to show his face or anything but he should definitely crop a pic of him and one of his Japanese honeys and make it an avatar.

Been playing Binary Domain, I wasn't expecting to find a character with a Ghanaian last name, Big Bo Boateng, in the game. Really like the vocal squad commands but wow is the speech recognition awful. My brother was cracking up, watching me play.

But seriously, game got me wondering, who's the last non-stereotypical minority character in a shooter?

Anyone else rocking a projector? Bought a BenQ W1070 (fuck you Slickdeals), and this shit is marvelous. You can't beat 1080p clarity on a 120" screen for nine bills. I've tested a few 3D movies too, and I'm kind of warming up to the technology. I'm sure the honeymoon will come crashing down once I have to buy a new lamp, but for now, shit's dope.

Yes, Projector GAF is best GAF!

Speaking of projectors at some point I need to get an old school slide one since that's what tons of my grandpa's photos of wildlife are on.

J10

Banned
Speaking of projectors at some point I need to get an old school slide one since that's what tons of my grandpa's photos of wildlife are on.

There are small devices that can scan and convert slides and negatives to digital copies if you're interested in something more practical.

harSon

Banned
A homie put me on to projectors and a dope sound system. It felt like the next best thing to actually being in a theater.

Yeah man, I've pieced together:

$750 for the BenQ W1070 projector (originally $1,000)
$150 for the 120" pulldown screen
$150 for the Onkyo 7.1 receiver (originally $300-500)
$120 for two Pioneer Floorstanding speakers (originally $260)
$79 for two Pioneer bookshelf speakers (originally $129)
and a Polk Audio PSW10 for $50 (originally $150)

Considering I was rocking a 32" 720p Samsung television from like 2007, and some no brand 5.1 setup that I found at a garage sale, this shit has been pretty fucking legit. I'm probably going to only use it for movies though... gaming and television would put to many hours on the bulb.

Speaking of projectors, this Sony 4k one is astounding: http://www.sony.net/Products/4k-ultra-short-throw/

That's hot as fuck, but I could only imagine what it would cost LOL

Damn, I just finished moving. Never do it yourselves, BCT. Pay people to move your shit even if you are physically up for it. Tip them in cash and alcohol if you can. My back, neck, and hand are sore as hell.

Also, check out Rick and Morty. It's a pretty damn funny cartoon.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Yeah man, I've pieced together:

$750 for the BenQ W1070 projector (originally $1,000)
$150 for the 120" pulldown screen
$150 for the Onkyo 7.1 receiver (originally $300-500)
$120 for two Pioneer Floorstanding speakers (originally $260)
$79 for two Pioneer bookshelf speakers (originally $129)
and a Polk Audio PSW10 for $50 (originally $150)

I got the bolded and they are amazing. The Onkyo is five years old now and still kicks ass. The PSW10 is so fucking badass that I can't even keep it at 1/3 powered before the neighbors start knocking.

I couldn't afford some good Pioneer floorstanding speakers so I got some nice floorstanding Sony ones (S7000 or some shit) for $300 total. Amazing setup.

That's hot as fuck, but I could only imagine what it would cost LOL

$20k!

Free doesn't need to show his face or anything but he should definitely crop a pic of him and one of his Japanese honeys and make it an avatar.

Nah. He needs to basically do the same pose but with his main holding his leg. That shit would cause maximum chaos.
Been playing Binary Domain, I wasn't expecting to find a character with a Ghanaian last name, Big Bo Boateng, in the game. Really like the vocal squad commands but wow is the speech recognition awful. My brother was cracking up, watching me play
Good shit on that BD. I cannot stress it enough to people how good it is. But that Voice recognition got turned off when I'm saying fall back and it comes out as love you......

Do you all play games on them too?

I mainly play games on it and watch movies. And you don't have to spend that much either. I got a 1080p DLP projector on sale for $400 on Amazon plus a 100 inch screen all for a grand total of $520.

No way you can get a TV near that size without selling your soul.

reilo

It's the very first day of BHM, and this thread already falls off to the middle of the second page?

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
Hey everyone, I'm new to the site so forgive me if I'm a little shy. Hope it's okay if I drop in.

Where you're from- Michigan
Where you live- Michigan
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy- I'm heavily mixed with Black, Native American (Mexican Natives), and some European (mostly French).
Do you know your roots- Kind of
Your Age- 21
Favorite musical genre- Probably jazz
Your profession/major/career interest- I'm majoring in Elementary Education.
Your religious affiliation- None
Hobbies- Other than writing/reading, I love Collecting scarves.

Oh and yes, I am a lady. :3

reilo

There was just a great Palmer's Cocoa Butter commercial on ESPN with the NFL twins that ends with them catching white cheerleaders in their arms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom