• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT5| A Nation of Drakes Can't Hold Us Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

harSon

Banned
We're never getting tones other than dark and darker in character creators guys

Skin tone's never been too big of an issue. It's the fact that you can only create dark skinned white guys that I've found annoying. Facial features favoring non-whites tend to be lacking, and even if that's the case, it's either a fro, cornrows or your dude looking like this:

conan7.jpg

harSon

Banned
Wonder how people feel waking up today and realizing your boss is someone that hates you (Elop)

Bet 343 knows how Bungie felt now

I don't think Elop hates Xbox. He just strikes me as the type of guy who will say and do anything to get ahead. At the time, investors were weary, and a prominent investor was adamant on spinning off the Xbox division, so I just saw it as Elop trying to differentiate himself and cater.

FyreWulff

I love the way you just shit on 343 at every chance you can haha

:p

I don't think Elop hates Xbox. He just strikes me as the type of guy who will say and do anything to get ahead. At the time, investors were weary, and a prominent investor was adamant on spinning off the Xbox division, so I just saw it as Elop trying to differentiate himself and cater.

Well, it's not that far of a stretch, Microsoft divisions already hate each other anyway.

I'm tempted to keep Clementine up front all week...

Then we can start off next week with another character lol

Extremely happy about the 4-year old genius above, but that link drove my computer insane...

I think what annoys me is the assumption that lighter than whatever shade someone constitutes as the "black" shade means automatically mixed.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
I think what annoys me is the assumption that lighter than whatever shade someone constitutes as the "black" shade means automatically mixed.

I'm starting to believe these people live in a hole because the levels of denial and stubbornness is too much.

Last I checked, just because a person hasn't seen something themselves doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Like the whole world revolves around themselves and their beliefs.

I'm tempted to keep Clementine up front all week...

Then we can start off next week with another character lol

Extremely happy about the 4-year old genius above, but that link drove my computer insane...

Yes!

Next week: “Is Nilin from Remember Me black?” (You meet her parents too). Or alternatively “Is Sheva black?” (Oh man anyone remember the initial RE5 thread about her ethnicity? That shit was fucking crazy).

Guys white people are currently talking about 12 Years and slavery. How we should move on from it. The lone black dude is just looking at me like "dude."

I cant and that should really..... god damn someone call his ass out

After reading the clemontine thread I could see how people could think shes Asian

But also after the thread I see gaf in a better light and its not one im to sure I want to keep associating myself with

Some people get educated when threads like this pop up.

Others want to double down and defend pure horseshit because the opposite means actually doing some personal investment.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Guys white people are currently talking about 12 Years and slavery. How we should move on from it. The lone black dude is just looking at me like "dude."
Walk over, don't say a word, and then just collectively shake your head at each and every white person.

But remember, don't say a word.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear

That's easy for them to say. Damn. Is it that hard to show some sympathy? No one's asking for them to get on their knees and beg for forgiveness. Just show some acknowledgement for the damn struggle. :/

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
If you're gonna go all DY on their ass, make sure that the only other black guy records everything in portrait mode and uploads it to WSHH.

For your presentation or contribution to the class

28 reasons to hug a black man

I need video of this to see reactions from actual white people.

DO IT!!!

If you're gonna go all DY on their ass, make sure that the only other black guy records everything in portrait mode and uploads it to WSHH.

I'm White/Hispanic but this dude and I chill a lot and we have deep discussions. I'm sure he could eat all of their souls on the issue but I have seen him argue these points ad nauseam. I think he is just tired of people not showing empathy.

akira28

Skin tone's never been too big of an issue. It's the fact that you can only create dark skinned white guys that I've found annoying. Facial features favoring non-whites tend to be lacking, and even if that's the case, it's either a fro, cornrows or your dude looking like this:

I tried making a black dude in Dark Souls and they will only let me pick jubilant smiling guy. I tried to create a character with brown skin, and the closest I can get is dark red or sort of green.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom