• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT5| A Nation of Drakes Can't Hold Us Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimaka

That thread has me wanting to post family pictures if I didn't know Gaf goes all internet detective on pics. My mom and aunt are light skinned while my grandparents are dark. They would probably just say my grandma cheated and keep on thinking skin color is relevant to how much black you have in you.

Silky

Banned
that thread gave me a whole new list of people for super ignore to use, jesus

ive never seen that many uninformed people

That thread has me wanting to post family pictures if I didn't know Gaf goes all internet detective on pics. My mom and aunt are light skinned while my grandparents are dark. They would probably just say my grandma cheated and keep on thinking skin color is relevant to how much black you have in you.

I usually use a random pic of myself as an avatar so I was tempted as well. Too many "red" people in the tree.

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
Oh hey fam, what's going on in GAF tod......

*catches up*

UJ3l6mB.gif

harSon

Banned
Looking back at my baby pictures, I think I had a darker complexion when I was a baby/toddler. I don't know why either. I lived in Pittsburgh then, compared to California now, and I'm in the sun a hell of a lot more than I was at that age. My mom's no tanning genes are starting to kick in...

Edit: Nah, I'm about the same. But I still can't tan to save my life..

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
Outlast looks so awesome though (though still downright scary lol). When I get a Ps4 I'm getting it. I love horror games.
and I saw the walkthrough so I'm anxious to try it myself but still scared as hell.

Dying Light is looking really good. I don't think I've seen a Fp horror where you can physically fight back.

I know you can't in Outlast though. :(

harSon

Banned
Sonic 3 is 20 years old

the fuck man

Kind of off-topic, but the internet has kind of ruined the innocence of gaming. I'm just way too informed about shit now, and while you're less likely to waste money on shit games, I miss the days where my first encounter with a game was looking at the back of a box in Blockbuster or through the grape vine from a friend. Indie games are kind of bringing some of that magic back, but still, by the time most stuff comes out; I've seen screenshots, videos, previews, impressions, reviews, firstplays, etc.

Edit: Oh man, once the rest of my cables come in tomorrow, I'm going to give Outlast a whirl with my new projector and surround sound. It'll be the first time I've gamed on either my PS4 or XB1 in like 2 months lmao...

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
Kind of off-topic, but the internet has kind of ruined the innocence of gaming. I'm just way too informed about shit now, and while you're less likely to waste money on shit games, I miss the days where my first encounter with a game was looking at the back of a box in Blockbuster or through the grape vine from a friend. Indie games are kind of bringing some of that magic back, but still, by the time most stuff comes out; I've seen screenshots, videos, previews, impressions, reviews, firstplays, etc.

I get what you mean. I purposefully avoid topics about SSB games, Mario Kart, and a few others for this very reason. Tbh, even when a game gets a bad review I still give it a shot.

Alice: Madness Returns is one of my favorite games despite a lot of reviews for it. It's not perfect but it's got beautiful worlds and an interesting spin on an old favorite of mine.

Maybe you could try avoiding most of the leaks? That would help with preventing high expectations, influence from the negative nancies, and even refresh your mood with gaming in general. :3

I'm sitting on most of the horror games for PC until next halloween where I hope Rift will be out

fear you cant forget
My one, undying gaming wish is a future where you can experience your own version of Silent Hill based on your own fears and inner demons.

Maybe I'm a masochist.

I am sad that the Clem thread went over 15 pages over an obvious identity. The majority white on Neogaf can't understand. I can't I didn't even really read the posts. I am not going to involve myself.

I have to save it for the OT storm in like 3 weeks

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
My one, undying gaming wish is a future where you can experience your own version of Silent Hill based on your own fears and inner demons.

Maybe I'm a masochist.

Yes you are! :(

I'd like that too.

Speaking of Outlast, I meant to add that although I haven't played it personally yet, I do know that it does a great job of making you feel alone in a madhouse.
All you have is a camera and some crazy guy telling you stuff
lol.

harSon

Banned
I get what you mean. I purposefully avoid topics about SSB games, Mario Kart, and a few others for this very reason. Tbh, even when a game gets a bad review I still give it a shot.

Alice: Madness Returns is one of my favorite games despite a lot of reviews for it. It's not perfect but it's got beautiful worlds and an interesting spin on an old favorite of mine.

Maybe you could try avoiding most of the leaks? That would help with preventing high expectations, influence from the negative nancies, and even refresh your mood with gaming in general. :3

A lot of it has to do with the middle ground between Indie/XBLA/PSN/Steam/Wiiware and AAA games no longer existing. Publishers are pumping a shit ton of money into their games, so it's almost a foregone conclusion that they're going to ensure that you're aware of it in some capacity. As I said though, Indie games have definitely helped a ton in this regard. There's so many quality games along that front coming out, and if it weren't for centralized threads like the Indie Thread here on GAF, most of them would go unnoticed by me. And obviously since a lot of these are done by such small teams, and with such a limited budget, it's not uncommon for one of these games to just sprout up on you and surprise you.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.

Edit: Oh man, once the rest of my cables come in tomorrow, I'm going to give Outlast a whirl with my new projector and surround sound. It'll be the first time I've gamed on either my PS4 or XB1 in like 2 months lmao...
That's not the Internet's fault my friend, that's called growing up.

So i was in that thread where the guy gets attacked and bit by a dog and decides not to call the cops. Fine. But then he goes on about how he would have if it were a pitbull. I know the are two very different things but my mind immediately jumoed to racial profiling and sterotypes. Remember that video of the white kids destroying and tagging a car and nothing happened? And then they got black kids to do to the same and the phone went off the hook including a call about a dude sleeping in his car? I dunno. That post just really rubbed me the wrong way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom