• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT5| A Nation of Drakes Can't Hold Us Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdyhybrid

Since you can't really say someone's decisions on a creative project are "right" or "wrong,": if a game developer decides to go for historical accuracy and includes character customization, is leaving out ethnicity/sex options congruent with their "historical accuracy" goal?

My opinion is that if you're going to be a stickler for historical accuracy when it comes to race, it would be odd to let things slide in other areas. If they're being serious about it for every aspect of the game I won't complain too much.

Since you can't really say someone's decisions on a creative project are "right" or "wrong,": if a game developer decides to go for historical accuracy and includes character customization, is leaving out ethnicity/sex options congruent with their "historical accuracy" goal?

I can't read through such threads without shaking my head

If they really wanted to be historically accurate they would choose someone who is proven to have existed and left no room for debate in the form of character customization.

When proponents of the no-color brigade rally behind a "historical accuracy" claim, you better be 100% on point.

never understood the cornbread thing

now a good buttered up biscuit? lawd.

pyZ9uvr.jpg

my brother is addicted to dinner rolls. they're pretty great

but ill take cornbread over dinner rolls anyday

Cornbread is dependent on the cook, whereas dinner rolls are pretty safe all around.

If you've ever had cornbread made by someone unskilled...

Also personally, hot water cornbread>regular cornbread

ReiGun

Dinner Rolls > Cornbeard > Biscuits. Will gladly eat any of the three, though.

Also, everyone needs to back off and let my man Knuckles flex his muscles and prosper. Leg day be damned.

Trying to find a skillet that can do cornbread in Japanese kitchen stores was hell. I literally spent $200 on one. Cheap ones were too thin and the bottom burnt everytime.

All of our breads are delicious:)

Trying to find a skillet that can do cornbread in Japanese kitchen stores was hell. I literally spent $200 on one. Cheap ones were too thin and the bottom burnt everytime.

All of our breads are delicious:)

Corningware for that kind of stuff is nice too btw.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Cornbread is dependent on the cook, whereas dinner rolls are pretty safe all around.

If you've ever had cornbread made by someone unskilled...

Also personally, hot water cornbread>regular cornbread

agreed to this. hot water cornbread is in a class all its own

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
When I was growing up and my dad didn't have a safe job with the government, my mom used to take me to the day old bread store. 'It's just as good,' she'd say. Soon as my dad got that real job? Never saw that store again.

Nakazato

I...don't know what to say

Damn man. Is your mom doing ok?
Talked to her a few hours ago she's not in pain thank god. She kept saying sorry and I'm like its ok your alive that's the most important thing

Suck ill have to use my check to get it fixed but its cool ill just have to suck it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom