• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT5| A Nation of Drakes Can't Hold Us Back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arent you married? I noticed you always say my girl instead of my wife. Not trying to start something. Just an observation, really.

No I'm not married. But I used the terms wifey, wife, my girl, my lady, better half, my white woman, all interchangeably. I've been with her going on 9 years.

i2BQwa9KeW4hd.gif

Its a fucking fish I swear. Yeah these will all be put to good use.

You don't remember my pitch for my UPN television show like a couple OT's back?

Slayven

Its a fucking fish I swear. Yeah these will all be put to good use.

You don't remember my pitch for my UPN television show like a couple OT's back?

Man the UPN changed, use to be the home of washed up black stars, now it is the home of young pretty white people who careers will never go beyond tv and the occasional asylum movie.

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
Well half my birthday night sucked.

Cute redhead my ass, this heffer walkin' in the club looking like Dr. Robutnick.

....needed to get in a McDonald's break. And girl didn't just get a chicken select wrap, she got a whole damned feast, but whatever.

I don't know if it's indicative of the accent in general, but her deep ass Scottish accent would melt boners.

That shit's good for war chants and demands for freedom, but it sure as hell ain't sexy.

My friends tried to devert her away numerous times with no success, and homegirl couldn't catch a hint with a fucking strategy guide.

I'm DYING!!

Now stop frontin like there was never a day when you had your heart fully set on some kinda food and you werent able to get it and it didnt throw you for a bit. Theres an old pizza spot in BK i used to frequent and i know if i went there and it was closed i would be devastated.

Edit: Jesus. I put the notion that rappers need to be hard or thuggish up there with the notion that blacks chiefly love fried chicken, watermelon, and what have you. It is ridiculous.

If i ask you to to golden krust and get me two curry chicken patties with coco bread and a pineapple soda and you come back with a big mac from mcdonalds you damn right ill pout too. Poke fun and call me soft. What the fuck ever.

If i ask for a ps4 and you get me a wiiu...well lets just say id be on my worst behavior. Inb4 drake has a GAF account.
Um what?

Rappers don't need to be hard, but when you put out tracks that implies you bout dat life, you only got yourself to blame for the jokes. Kanye doesn't rap about thug shit, and Drake would be better off not doing it either.

And they get punked for it too like Ja.

I dont agree. I feel like only specific people get targeted and for some reason people just hop on the bangwagon and run with it.

Edit: didnt ja get punked because he tried to fuck with aftermath records and then they descended on him with the force of a thousands suns and pushed his shit in?

Neither Em, Dre, or 50 ever killed anyone but most of their raps talk about them killing people which are things theyve never done.

Drake switches it up with women and that makes him soft? They way i took worst behavior was that it was a metaphor for how he is going conduct himself for the rest of his career i.e. fuck everyone ima do me. But people took the fact that he set it in the hood and just ran with that shit. And they bring up stuff like the tuna video when he was a teen.

Edit: if youre calling me a drake stan you got the wrong dude. I dont get the soft talk or hate is all.

So trying to understand where the drake hate comes from makes one a stan? And saying one doesnt agree with said hate makes one soft?

Hispaniclookingdudegettingupthisisneogaf.gif

* proceeds to go upstairs to listen to my will smith cds

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Still hating Drake, due to his content...in 2014? Smh.

Hop your ass in a delorean and go back to when you weren't shit unless you killed 40 people by line 6 of verse one.

Slaughterhouse makes songs for you brehs.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
the problem is that you're taking these jokes and assuming they signify a deep-seated hatred for Drake

it's just jokes

they're funny

so they keep happening

the problem is that you're taking these jokes and assuming they signify a deep-seated hatred for Drake

it's just jokes

they're funny

so they keep happening

I use hate but in the street sense of the word. I think i was around for the last round of drake clowning and even said i dont get the hate but man if it isnt funny. Im pretty much like the gif of that little black baby laughing and then he gets that serious look. I just honestly wanna know where it comes from but i guess there really is no rhyme or reason. It is just something that someone started and it stuck.

I use hate but in the street sense of the word. I think i was around for the last round of drake clowning and even said i dont get the hate but man if it isnt funny. Im pretty much like the gif of that little black baby laughing and then he gets that serious look. I just honestly wanna know where it comes from but i guess there really is no rhyme or reason. It is just something that someone started and it stuck.

If you read what I wrote it explains it clearly.

It's easy to make jokes because he was a child actor, so when you make a song where you say you started at the bottom, it's easy to point to evidence that you didn't. Meanwhile rapper "x" could have grown up in the burbs but he doesn't have a wildly avalible reminder to people on the internet.

That sucks about your birthday. If i had to go through that, i would have be tipsy. I would fucking die inside. Gave redbones a new meaning.

I just Bruno for the first time. I think i would rather play Outlast with the lights out. Never letting my girl pick random movies from Netflix again.

Spinluck

lol
lol
**NSFW**

at some random festival there LOL

my friend who got stationed there for something sometime ago was joking around about how it seemed like the most racist place he's ever been. turns out we look it up and he's not too far off lol. aside from what some of them think of black people, we read that muslims and jews get the worst of it.

FIFA has some of the best glitches ever.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
So, college basketball player Marcus Smart pushed a fan earlier because of something the fan said to him, and everyone acted like Smart just committed murder.

Turns out...

RT @ryaber: Sure this has been said but OSU radio said immediately after the incident that Smart told the OSU coaches that the fan said THE word

Texas Tech had been highlighting this guy as their #1 fan a year, too.

Edit: There's a thread on it, good luck everyone!

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=765956

Spinluck

So, college basketball player Marcus Smart pushed a fan earlier because of something the fan said to him, and everyone acted like Smart just committed murder.

Turns out...

RT @ryaber: Sure this has been said but OSU radio said immediately after the incident that Smart told the OSU coaches that the fan said THE word

lol

DominoKid

Turns out...

I feel sorry for him. He never should've came back for another year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom