• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT5| A Nation of Drakes Can't Hold Us Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Furyous

I'm detecting hints of SEED slander and I. WILL. NOT. TAKE. IT.

How can y'all hate on Jesus? Jesus Yamato and that rainbow held down the series. Give me Athrun and Jesus against every tandem in Gundam history except for Setsuna. I say Setsuna because he singlehandedly became a god.

Seed had everything. It had 'splosions, strong women, and action. You know the series is good when Jesus mode Yamato gets pwned by an emo noob. Of course they were retreating but he still got pwned. Then he more than made up for it in the next match..

*EDIT*

Bomani hosting Dan Lebatard's show is an homage to the Morning Jones.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I'm gonna finally get around to Janelle Monae and harson's album

and I'll take Mumei's advice on Monster

and I'll read Hunger Games for Satch

Edit: The bastardization that is Macross Frontier is better than SEED

Slayven

How can y'all hate on Jesus? Jesus Yamato and that rainbow held down the series. Give me Athrun and Jesus against tandem in Gundam history except Setsuna. I say Setsuna singlehandedly because he became a god.

Seed had everything. It had 'splosions, strong women, and action. You know the series is good when Jesus mode Yamato gets pwned by an emo noob. Of course they were retreating but he still got pwned. Of course he more than made up for it in the next match..

*EDIT*

Pretty boys in giant robots crying, and sparkles and shit. I can't even......

I am shocked they haven't done some shit where the actual gundams have a human form that is a loli and the protag has to win them over to pilot them.

DY_nasty

Thinking about getting Masquerades: Bloodlines or whatever its called too. GAF tells me its better than the Bible.
Pretty boys in giant robots crying, and sparkles and shit. I can't even......

I am shocked they haven't done some shit where the actual gundams have a human form that is a loli and the protag has to win them over to pilot them.

Its called Infinite Stratos.

I'm sure you'll love it.
ibdEUs22uUY0zt.png

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
I'm gonna finally get around to Janelle Monae and harson's album

and I'll read Hunger Games for Satch

Edit: The bastardization that is Macross Frontier is better than SEED

two clusterfucks.... but one doesnt insult your intelligence as much

Gundamn Build Fighters is like G Gundam for a new generation. Main character's Gundam even has some shining finger action going.

Also, I believe it was here, but whoever recommended Ippo way back when is a saint. I caught up with that then went to Kuroko no Basket. Shounen sports is fucking serious business.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Gundamn Build Fighters is like G Gundam for a new generation. Main character's Gundam even has some shining finger action going.

Also, I believe it was here, but whoever recommended Ippo way back when is a saint. I caught up with that then went to Kuroko no Basket. Shounen sports is fucking serious business.

you should catch eyeshield 21. the anime is meh but the manga is dope. lots of BLACK MUSCLES though

Mumei

I've read this Mumei. Kinda helped me understand and push forward the idea of a 'third gender' when talking to my interpreter friend about how to deal with the sex barrier in some areas. its really, really hard to explain the role and concept of the western world's female at times but that helped me quite a bit. Its a solid read.

Cool. I first read about it here, and it sounded very interesting. Reading it, I realized I hadn't really read much about the subject, and most of what I knew was stuff I'd just sort of absorbed over the years... which doesn't tend to be very reliable.

yessssssss

DY_nasty

#dyneverlied

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
I'm late but happy birthday to the birthday folks! :3

Btw Mumei, I've been looking at the books you suggested and I found that I actually have a couple of them: "Do Muslim women need saving" and that one by Paula Giddings. I knew they looked familiar.

I just have a huge collection that got combined with my mom's and sister's books so I'll have to sort through some more to see what else I've got.

I'm looking into a few more from the list you gave so I can check those out too. Amazon is always my friend when it comes to books. :D

you should catch eyeshield 21. the anime is meh but the manga is dope. lots of BLACK MUSCLES though

I did watch Eyeshield a few years back and read the rest of the manga when the anime stopped. I liked it, but I didn't venture further into the sports genre.

I caught up on Koruko last week and busted out laughing when "Misdirection Overflow!" showed up. It's getting pretty crazy, but fun to watch.

I'm sure he meant racism as calculated from the strict quantification of lynchings per year. Anything else is just un-PC, misunderstood white humor.

In other news, my college campus had an amusing "Talk to a Black Person" stand today (in lieu of Black History Month), where two girls had a bunch of signs that addressed various black stereotypes. One of them told me that most people were too afraid to go up and speak to them, though.

Deprive

How can y'all hate on Jesus? Jesus Yamato and that rainbow held down the series. Give me Athrun and Jesus against every tandem in Gundam history except for Setsuna. I say Setsuna because he singlehandedly became a god.

Seed had everything. It had 'splosions, strong women, and action. You know the series is good when Jesus mode Yamato gets pwned by an emo noob. Of course they were retreating but he still got pwned. Then he more than made up for it in the next match..

*EDIT*

Seed is god damn terrible:| Seriously, yamato couldn't lose a damn arm or something.
My man Tomino would have crippled his ass and killed athrun.

The drake hate continues. I dont agree in the slightest but man is it funny. Lovd that mace verse rewrite.

lol, I've actually enjoyed all of his albums and think he's pretty decent. He was genetically constructed in a factory to be a long-term internet meme though. So much material to poke fun at

Drakes problem is that he has so much video evidence that shows he is fake. Almost all rappers are fake, but they didn't have a video camera on them for most of their formative years. Imagine if Rick Ross was on some show like cops about correction officers, his ass would get clowned just as much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom